Taking Care of A Sick Panda

When They were Left Alone

            After slicing the cake, Kyungsoo went in to SuTao’s room and found Tao sleeping. He wanted to give the tallest maknae the cake but he decided not to give it since Tao slept peacefully and he did not want to wake him up. So he took the plate which the cake was on it on the table and when he was about to leave the room he heard Tao mumbling something. He came closer to him to hear carefully at his words.

            “Mommy… mommy…” Tao mumbled.

            Kyungsoo frowned in confuse. Is mommy referring to his mom in China or Suho hyung? He thought confusedly. Is he missing his mom that much? Or maybe Suho hyung? But he meets Suho hyung every day. How could he miss him that much? It’s obviously his mom!

            “Mommy… it hurts… help me…”

            Kyungsoo stopped zoning out after hearing that words. He caressed Tao’s hand to comfort him. “It’s okay, Tao yah. I’m here,” he said in a low tone. “You’re dreaming, aren’t you? Wake up, Tao yah. I bring a cake for you.”

            After seconds passed, Tao opened his eyes slowly and found Kyungsoo bent on his knees while caressing his hand. “What are you doing in here?” he asked in a weak tone then he coughed. “Where is my mom?”

            “Your mom is in China, isn’t her?” Kyungsoo asked back with his eyes rounded.

            “Nooo… I meant Suho hyung,” Tao corrected then he coughed again. “Where is he? I need him. Ugh, it hurts so badly!” he grabbed his stomach and winched painfully.

            “Oh! Your stomach hurts?” Kyungsoo asked in worry then nodded by Tao in response. “Wait for minutes! Don’t try to move even in an inch or I kill you!” He got up of his knees then went in to the kitchen and took a bottle then filled it with the warm water. He rushed in to SuTao’s room then put the bottle on Tao’s stomach. “Keep it like this! It will ease your pain little by little by its warmth.”

            Tao nodded. “Where is Suho hyung? Why didn’t you answer my question?”

            “He has a schedule with Baekhyun hyung for music show.”

            “Oh… then can you call Sehun to accompany me here?”

            “He also has schedule today. And everyone does except us.”

            Tao frowned at him. “Only you and I?” he asked reassuringly then nodded steadily by Kyungsoo. He groaned then pouted. “What should I do then? I’m home alone…”

            Kyungsoo frowned hearing that words. “Yah! I’m here with you also! How could you say you’re alone?! Aish…” he grumbled but then he calmed down himself. He did not want to mad at Tao or he should deal with Suho, which he did not like the most. He took the plate of the cake then handed it to the younger. “Eat this, Tao yah! You should fill your stomach so you won’t feel the pain again,” he said.

            “Thank you,” said Tao. He took a spoon of the cake then ate it. “It’s really good! I like it, Kyungsoo yah,” he squealed as if he forgot about the pain in his stomach. “By the way, Suho hyung told me I should eat the medicine at three,” he said as he looked at the clock on the wall.

            Kyungsoo followed Tao’s eyes. “It’s about half an hour!” he exclaimed. “Where’s your medicine?” he asked then Tao shook his head in response. “Why don’t you know where your medicine is? Do you forget where you put it?”

            Tao shook his head again in response. “My medicine is with Suho hyung. He always takes care of it and doesn’t tell me where he put it,” he asked. “Should we call him now?”

            “I’ll call him!” Kyungsoo said then took out his cellphone from his jean pocket. “He must be still on the road to the tv station,” he mumbled after pressing Suho’s number and put the cellphone on his ear. “Hyung! It’s me, Kyungsoo. Where is Tao’s medicine?”

            “Kyungsoo yah, give me your phone,” asked Tao. “I want to talk to him.”

            “Wait! Oh! Okay. I’ll check it now. Yes, hyung, everything is fine so far. I can handle it well. Hyung, your baby wants to talk to you.” Kyungsoo handed his cellphone to Tao then he moved to the closet to find the medicine and let Tao talk.

            “Mooom… why do you leave me?” Tao whined. “Please, go home soon. I feel lonely.” He started sobbing.

            “I found it!” exclaimed Kyungsoo in happiness after finding the medicine. “Tao yah, this is your… yaaah, why are you crying?” he asked then walked toward the younger. “Your stomach still hurts, doesn’t it?”

            “Mom… go home now…” instead of answering Kyungsoo’s question, Tao whining at Suho through his cellphone.

            “Yah… Tao yah, Suho hyung is busy right now. He’ll go home soon. Don’t worry about that okay?” Kyungsoo said then he took his cellphone. “Hello, hyung, it’s me again. Alright, I’ll take care of him as well as I can. Don’t worry too much. You hand it to the right person. Okay, see you at seven.”

            “Kyungsoo yah, can you take me to the living room? I’m bored being here all day,” asked Tao when Kyungsoo put his cellphone back in his jean pocket. The maknae wiped the tears on his cheeks as he sniffed.

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widened hearing that. “Are you kidding me? Yah… you’re bigger than me! How could I suppose to carry you?” he asked in order to refuse it. “You can walk, can’t you?”

            “I can but it’s difficult to walk by myself. You should help me. Please…” Tao started making puppy-eye-look that Kyungsoo could not resist.

            “Stop looking at me like that or I’ll punch you… okay, I won’t punch you,” said Kyungsoo after looking at Tao’s teary eyes when he threatened him. He walked closer to the younger then put Tao’s arm around his neck. “Let’s walk slowly. Ah! Don’t forget to bring that bottle, Tao yah.”

 

***