Fruit Tart

His Pageant Queen 2

The voice came form the other side of the gym where the treadmills were. Chanyeol instantly recognized that it was his wife's voice.

“Guys! It's YeNa” They all look over and see YeNa on the floor near the treadmill.

YENA!!” Luhan drops the dumbbells and rushes to his girlfriend's side. The rest are not far behind him.

“Babe? You okay!?! What happened?!? Are you hurt?!?!” Luhan is checking all over YeNa's body for any injuries.

“I'm fine Luhan.” YeNa sits up.

“What happened?” Kai asked.

“I kinda tripped while I was jogging.” YeNa explained.

“-gasp- the curse.” Kai whispers, but only to have Eunji smack him the head.

“Theres no such thing as a curse” said Eunji.

“Yeah it's just a simple accident” YeNa gets up. “See, I'm fine.”

“Nothing maybe alright now but what if something else happens later.”

“KAI!” The 5 of them yell at him.

“Wheres that 25 lb dumbbell” Luhan looks around.
 

 

------------ 
 

“SHE WHAT?!?!?”

 

YeNa's mother almost dropped her cup of coffee when she heard what happened at the gym. YeNa, along with Luhan, Eunji, and Kai had just arrived at YeNa's house.

“Umma!!... It's not a big deal. I fell but look i'm alight. Look i'm alive” YeNa starts doing a little dance to show her mother nothing is wrong with her.

“IT DOESN'T MATTER!! THE CURSE IS STARTING!!” Mrs. Kim throws her hands in the air.

“THAT WAS I SAID!!!” Kai yelled too.

You're not helping!” Eunji whispered loudly to Kai.

“YeNa, you're pulling out this pageant as soon as possible!!” Mrs. Kim makes her way to her phone.\

“UMMA!! NO!! The pageant is in 2 weeks!! IT WAS JUST AN ACCIDENT!! There's no curse!!” YeNa was really trying to convince her mother.

“Aishh.. YeNa. I'm just worried. I'm afraid of what could happen to you.You're my baby!!”

“....you have another child before you know....” YeNa reminding her mother of the eldest daughter.

“Yeah... but you're still living me!' Mrs. Kim fights back.

“....I'll mov-”

“NO YOU'RE NOT!! NOT UNTIL YOU'RE MARRIED” Mrs. Kim states as she predicted what her daughter was about to say. Luhan gives YeNa a smirk.

wipe that look off your face Luhan” YeNa didn't have to look his face. She knew what he was thinking. YeNa could already hear him say “Should have said yessss”

“Umma... I promise nothing bad will happen to me. If 3 more bad events happen to me, then i'll quit” YeNa holds out her pinky to make a promise to her mother. Mrs. Kim think about it for awhile and in the end, she accepts.

“You better keep your promise. Come on guys, I made my special fruit tart. Have some!!” The 4 gather around the kitchen table as Mrs. Kim hands them a slice. It was their favorite dessert that Mrs. Kim makes.

“Ahh! My favorite!” Kai yells out as he his lips.

“This is the best Mrs. Kim” Luhan compliments as he takes a bite.

“Can I have slice to take home for EunMi and Chanyeol?” Eunji asks and Mrs. Kim nods.

“Thanks umma” YeNa accepts her slice from her mother.

“So YeNa. What talent are you thinking this time?” Mrs. Kim asks.

“Hmmm not sure yet. Singing was amazing, but I feel like in since it's my last pageant I want leave a great last impression.” YeNa takes a bite of the tart and shallows. “Maybe I'll tr- COUGH COUGH COUGH

YeNa's coughing catches the attention of everyone.

'OH GOD YENA!!” Eunji yells out. They notice her lips had become swollen.

can't-breathe” YeNa quietly let out.

“QUICK WE HAVE TO TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!!” Luhan yells and immediately carries YeNa bridal style out the front door followed by everyone else.

 

-------

“It seems that YeNa had an allergic reaction.”

The doctor looked at the 4 adults standing as he was explaining what happened.. YeNa was asleep on the bed.

“What was the last thing she ate?”The doctor asked.

Well....” Luhan, along with Eunji and Kai looked at Mrs. Kim

“She was a eating a fruit tart I made today... but I don't understand, I always use the same fruit and ingredients. How is that she had an allergic reaction now?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“I need to know what fruit were on that dessert to narrow down what she may have been allergic to. And to answer your question, she could have developed the allergy over time. It can happen. For now, its best that she stays away from it and possibly any fruit until we find out which caused this.”

“Thank you doctor.” Mrs. Kim followed the doctor out of the room to list down all the ingredients that was in the fruit tart.

“Poor YeNa” Eunji looks at her sleeping best friend.

“Good thing we brought her here in time. Who knows what would’ve happened.” Luhan sits down next to YeNa's bed and holds her hand.

“.....what if it's the curse” Kai suggested.

“Kai....I could beat you up now since were in a hospital” Luhan threaten.

“I'm going to be honest.... I, myself is starting to believe it is the curse.” Eunji confesses.

“-sigh- lets just hope nothing else happens.” Luhan looks at his girlfriend worriedly.


Poor YeNa : /

So, who here believes in the curse? 

Comment/subscribe

Happy Reading!!!! : )