Family Whaattt?

His Pageant Queen 2

“Another pageant huh? So what's is called this time?” Eunji asked as she made herself comfortable on the couch in YeNa's home.

 

Miss Seoul Sweetheart” YeNa answered as she sat down beside her best friend.

 

“I swear, names of pageants are getting cheesier” Eunji rolled her eyes. YeNa laughed at her comment.


“It's not that bad..... It's better than Miss Seoul Sunshine.” YeNa pointed out.
 

"Oh by the way, how has SoRa been since she won? I haven't seen her since." 

"I spoke to her last night. Hahaha she has a love/hate relationship with it. She loves it because she gets to meet different people, go to charity events, and travel around. She hates it because she doesn't have time for herself anymore..... and Kai. Plus, since she wanted to keep their relationship private, paparazzi has been on her tail ever since. Poor Kai, she has suitors lined up to meet her. 

"Hahaha I bet Kai is wants to beat them with a bat" Eunji imagines her friend.

 

“Hi girls” YeNa's mom enters the room with a tray of food. “What are you guys talking about?” She asks as she puts the tray of drinks down.

 

“YeNa's next pageant.” Eunji answers.

 

“Oh another pageant? Really YeNa? I thought you said the last one?” Mrs. Kim asks while she pour juice into the glasses

 

“I know... but I don't know. I think I fair shot this time. I just have that feeling.” YeNa felt so confident.

 

“Ahaha who knows. Maybe the 8th time is your lucky break” Eunji laughs

 

-crash-

 

Mrs. Kim drops the cup she was filling, startling the girls.

 

“Umma? What happened?!”

“Auntie, are you alright?”

 

“di-...did... ….did you say 8th time?” Mrs. Kim asks Eunji with big eyes.

 

“...yes...” Eunji nervously replies.

 

“Umma why?” 

 

“Oh no... YeNa you can't compete this time.” Mrs. Kim announces. 

 

Huh?!' What?! Why?!?!” YeNa was confused. Why wasn't her mother suddenly not allowing her to compete.

 

“-sigh- the family curse” Mrs. Kim shakes her head.

 

“family curse...WHAT?!”

 

“You see YeNa.... Since my mother, who is also your grandmother, whenever a girl on my side of the family competes for the 8th time, something bad always happens, thus causing them to lose.”


“WHAT?! A curse really? How did we end up with a curse??” YeNa yells.

 

“i don't remember exactly, but it had to do with something about your grandma pissing off a gypsy”
 

“....................”  YeNa and Eunji stare at Mrs. Kim

 

“What? It's true.”


“So tell me, what has happened with this curse of ours.”

 

“you know how grandma competed for Miss Universe? And she fell off the stage. That was the 8th time. Your auntie Sooyung, her outfit caught on fire during her talent portion on her 8th pageant. Cousin Krystal in the US, she broke out into hives the morning of her 8th pageant.”

 

“What about you umma?”

 

“-sigh- I shattered my ankle the opening dance number during my 8th pageant.” Mrs. Kim recalls that unfaithful day. Her injury didn't heal properly and up to this day, she has a small limp when she walks.

 

“How about unni? Nothing bad happened to her” YeNa pointed out.

 

“That's because she only competed once. After she won Miss Teen Seoul, she quit.” Mrs. Kim answered.

 

“Umma... Nothing will happen to me.” YeNa tries to convince her mother.

 

“No. You're not competing”

 

“Well... too late. I already paid the fee.”

 

“aishh! I might as well go see if your insurance policy is up to date” Mrs. Kim walks out the room.

 

“yah, aren't you a little bit scared? What if something bad happen?”

 

“Aishh, I don't believe in the curse. It just all coincidence that they happened during the 8th pageant.”

 

“You know Luhan is going to freak out when he hears about it right?” Eunji looks at her friend.

 

“That's why we don't tell him” 

 

“And then he'll be like “YOU SHOULD SAID YES TO ME INSTEAD OF JOINING ANOTHER PAGEANT” Eunji tries to mimic Luhan and she did a dang good job of it.

 

“Ahh don't remind me of that please. I'm still sad that I had to do that to him.” It's been a week since Luhan's proposal fail. She felt guilty about thinking about how much money and effort he put into it. “Ahhh” YeNa buried herself in to the sea of couch pillows.


So what do you guys think? boring? 

Comment/Subscribe.

Happy Reading!!!! : )