Their story

Talking about love

I never understood what love meant until meeting those two.

You see, they're best friends, brothers, lovers...
They're one soul in two separated bodies.
If you ask me about Loving a Friend, I'll think of them.
Loving your Family? I'll still think of them.
Finding your 'special one'? I'll think of them.
 
 
____________________________________
 
"When they first met it was an instant click. Maybe because they were both Chinese so it was natural for them to find joy in talking to each other. Koreans didn't understand that though, since they were always at home.
It's like finding a small piece of our homeland, it'd feel off if we weren't together, Luhan said once.
We have little Chinese people in here so meeting one is like finding a long lost brother, you know?, were Lay's words.
Koreans just didn't understand.
 
Mandarin-speaking people would gather and spend quality time together.
Although they had language as a similarity, Lay and Luhn would sit and enjoy the silence.
 
Luhan had a long lost brother at the company.
They were quite similar in appearance and, at that time, even their heights were similar.
Luhan took an instant liking to his 'little brother'.
That's how Sehun got to know both of them.
Ever since the first time he saw Lay in the practice room he felt such respect towards him.
His goal, back then, was to be able to dance like him.
Luhan was the closest he felt to have an actual brother.
Lay was more like a fatherto him though.
And so Sehun found a small family in SM.
 
It was easier for Luhan to find people to be around him.
Lay didn't seem to care though. He had his own little world, as well as Luhan and Sehun -the former being his not so frequent dance buddy- and he was content with that.
Even if you have them at opposite sides of a room, their gazes will meet from far every now and then.
I have many friends, but Yíxīng is special, Luhan said.
I don't feel like finding thousands of friends. I'm too forgetful, I don't want them to think that I have forgotten about something important, those were Lay's words.
 
When asked about their relationship We're best friends is the instant answer.
Asian countries, specially North Korea, South Korea and China, are known for their homophobic tendencies.
But in all honesty; most sunbaes and media people were waiting for them to say that they were in a more intimate relationship.
Regardless of gender, people seemed to enjoy the sight of them together.
It simply felt natural for them to love each other.
 
From the early days in their relationship, when they barely knew each other, things like hugging, eating together, running towards the other and such were common.
You wouldn't believe that they were strangers just a few days ago.
 
The time they announced that they were together was more exciting for the members than for them.
Guys, we're dating now, Luhan mentioned in the middle of a movie. Lay nodded without tearing his gaze off the screen.
Tao was the happiest person on earth. He used to ramble about how good those two looked together.
Baekhyun wanted to celebrate and Chanyeol laughed like a mad man.
The dorm filled with the same reactions girls have when the main couple in a drama is finally together.
Luhan and Lay were still looking at the move though.
It doesn't change a thing between us. The label 'best friend' is the only difference, I can now call him my boyfriend... Partner? It has a funny ring. I'll still call him my best friend.
 
The first person Luhan talked to was Lay.
The first person Lay talked to was Luhan.
They weren't always together though.
Sometimes they would spend the entire day with other people but it didn't feel off.
It was common knowledge.
They had the rest of their lives to be with each other, it was just fine for them to spend some days with other people.
It wasn't like they would break up after 18 hours away form the other.
 
They had a fight once.
About what? It's not important anymore.
The tension was almost tangible in the room when it happened.
They didn't spoke a word to the other for about three weeks.
However, when one needed something the other was there for him.
It didn't feel like a fight.
Nobody noticed when they made up.
 
When they announced that they'd get married the other members were more excited than them."
 
 
 
Yíxīng was smiling widely. A couple of tears falling from his reddened eyes.
Luhan, next to him, was holding his hand, smiling.
Luhan didn't like to cry in public. Yíxīng was tearing for the both of them, he knew it.
On the table, next to them, were their parents.
Luhan's mother was drying her tears before her make up was ruined.
Yíxīng's father was smiling proudly, holding his wife's hand.
 
On the nearest table were ten men, looking up at the youngest of them who was standing a glass of champagne on his left and a microphone on his right.
Sehun was giving a speech. He was the only one who was able to give a proper speech without making lame jokes every now and then and he knew how to hold back his tears while talking.
All of their families were there, listening to the boy's stories. Except for Sehun's, but he didn't mind since both of his 'brothers' we're getting married.
A few years back their group was put in hiatus.
Some of them went solo.
Some others tried acting.
Chanyeol and Yíxīng were composers. They were still under SM though.
 
"Perfection doesn't exist," he continued, "but when they are together I could almost swear that their relationship is the closest thing on earth to perfection." 
 
Luhan laughed briefly at his cheesy choose of words.
 
EXO, saranghaja.