Sick Day

I Saved a Superhero

Rain still pattered down on the window in Krystal's room, who was coughing repeatedly. 

She sniffed, and another cough came crawling out of . She rubbed her nose with a tissue, before throwing it away in the waste. 

Sick. Krystal was sick. 

A cold had appeared on the day after the rain had started. Her drenching wet clothes, had caused the little girl to catch a measly cold. 

To her, it wasn't that bad. 

But she did feel bad about not being able to keep her promise with the older girl; Amber. 

She let out a sigh, as the rain showered down, outside. 

Krystal slowly slipped out of her blanket covers, leaning over by the window. She stared out, engrossed on the rain falling repeatedly against the sidewalk. 

Her gaze was broken as a creak was to be heard from her bedroom door. She quickly scrambled into bed, pulling the covers up to her face. 

"Krystal, honey, are you feeling better?" Her mother called out from the entrance of her room. Krystal pulled her head out from the covers, giving a nod of her head. 

"Much better than before," she complied. 

"If so, some people came to visit you." Krystal pushed herself up from her bed, curious of who would be visiting her. Trying to get a glimpse of the figures, she quickly had found Amber peering into the room. 

"Amber?" She questioned, staying in bed. The girl, rushed in pulling another with her. They stumbled in, causing Krystal to giggle at their clumsiness. 

"Krystal!" Amber excitedly exclaimed, "you're alive!" The older girl threw her hands up into the air, as if praising God. 

"What did you think? I was dead?" Krystal muttered out, with her covers thrown down. 

"Yea," Amber laughed out, changing the topic quickly. "Anyway, meet my friend, Sulli." Amber moved her arm over to the side, presenting Sulli. 

The girl, Sulli, slid back behind Amber. 

"It's okay Sulli, don't be shy," Amber said to the behind her, bringing her over to Krystal. 

Krystal's eyebrows furrowed as the girl stayed silent. "Hey, Sulli. I'm Krystal, nice to meet you," Krystal introduced with a sniff. 

Sulli, gave a small wave, "hi." 

"But Amber, why are you here?" 

The tomboy grinned, "because we're the cure to your cold." Krystal shook her head.

"No, you're not." 

"Oh just you wait! I'll be back," Amber said as she quickly rushed out of the room, leaving her and Sulli alone. 

"So, Sulli, how old are you?" Krystal spoke first, turning her head over to the right. 

"Ten," the girl replied, sticking out both of her hands. 

"We're the same age!" Krystal said happily, with a smile. 

Sulli had a small smile form along her lips as she heard Krystal's excitement. 

"So Sulli–" Before Krystal could ask another question, she was cut off by the thumping of Amber's footsteps. 

Amber came scrambling in, with comic books  scattered around in her hands. She made her way over to Krystal's bed, laying the comic books in the middle. 

"Comic books?" 

Sulli and Amber each flashed a toothy grin. "Yes. And to be friends with us, you need to know the ways of a hero." Amber said in deep voice. 

Krystal let out a smile, "okay. Show me then." 

 

Laughter could be be heard from the small bedroom upstairs. The trio gigged and laughed at each other's antics. Smiles were plastered on each of their faces, flashing bright. 

"Looks like they're having fun," Krystal's mom spoke out to Amber's mother. The other woman nodded her head in agreement as she took a sip of her tea. 

"I knew they would easily get along, but I never thought this much, since you know, Krystal's down with a cold," Amber's mother complied. 

"Well it seems like, Krystal's cold have gone away."

The two women looked up, hearing laughter erupt once more. Small smiles were placed among their faces as they both took another sip from their tea. 

 

"Amber," the woman called out from downstairs, "it's time to go, and you too Sulli." 

The trio groaned in disappointment as they had to leave so soon. 

"Coming!" Amber shouted back, quickly gathering the scrambled comic books from Krystal's bed. "See ya Krystal." 

"Bye Krystal," Sulli waved away, as she dissappeared from the doorway with Amber. 

As Krystal began to close her tired eyes, she heard footsteps rushing over to her. Opening her eyes, Amber stood by the bed leaning forward. 

"You feel better right?"

"I do."

"Mission accomplished," Amber grinned, quickly leaving a chaste kiss on Krystal's forehead. Her eyes widened at the contact, feeling a rush of electricity soaring in her body. 

Looking back up, she found the girl running out of the room, and down the stairs. 

Krystal's fingers crept upward to her forehead. She felt the kiss still lingering there. Smiling, she fixed her gaze upon the window. 

The rain had stopped. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

Sorry about the grammar mistakes, I just don't have a lot of time lately because of school, so I hope you understand. And I'm really upset about Jessica leaving, like why.

Any way thanks for the subscriptions and comments, they really keep me motivated. 

See ya.