The Hero and the Sidekick

I Saved a Superhero

 

 

The view was mesmerizing for Krystal. All her attention was placed on outside as the car she was in kept going. She ignored the bumps they ran into, the tall trees, and the blinding sunlight.

She completely fixated upon the beautiful view. "Wow." That was the only word she breathe out. 

"Isn't it great honey?" Her father spoke up as he heard her speak up in the back. The man look into the front view mirror seeing her bobbing her head up and down. 

"But I still won't forgive you for making us move all this way," Krystal muttered with a pout. Her mother turned her body to the side, noticing the pout she was giving. The young woman let out a small laugh. 

"Well your sister seems okay with that." Krystal looked over to her sister, who had her headphones on. She ignored the family's presence by turning up the volume and looking out the window.

"She doesn't care about anything!" The younger explained, throwing her hands up in the air. Both the couple chuckled at their child's actions. 

"Krystal, moving is a whole new experience. Who knows, you might even meet amazing people there." Her father reassured as he kept his focus on the road. She let out an annoyed huff at her parents. 

Krystal stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. 

She had awoken to the movement of the car stopping. Rubbing her eyes, she got up to a straight position to look out the window. They had already arrived to the new house they had bought. 

The area sent chills all over Krystal's body. Shaking it off, she looked over to her parents who were opening the car doors. Just like her parents and sister, she opened the door, stepping out of the car. 

She stretched her body, with her bones creating popping noises during it. She looked up to the sky, noticing the clouds forming a gray sky.

She sighed. She guessed there wasn't going to a sunny day as she expected. She turned to the other side, running over to where her family was. 

The truck came, with most of their belongings. And sooner or later, they were moving the boxes into the house. 

"Can I help?" 

"No sweetheart, the boxes are too heavy for you, maybe next time." Her father ruffled her brown hair, before he picked up a box. He stumbled a little, causing Krystal giggle. He looked back giving a goofy grin, before heading in. 

She plopped herself down onto the driveway, fiddling with her small fingers. She kept her head down, and her body leaning against the car. 

She felt someone else's presence next to her as she lifted her head up. 

Who was it? 

Her head turned over to the right spotting a boyish figure sitting next to her. They had their legs spread out, their head up, and their fingers playing with a baseball bat. Not to mention, they had nuremous bandages all over their body. 

"Who are you?" Krystal spoke out coldly with her eyes narrowing. 

"Amber, the hero!" The figure excitedly jumped up, sticking a hand out. "Nice to meet you." 

Krystal ignored the hand and introduced herself instead,"I'm Krystal." Amber quickly grabbed the other's hand, shaking it. 

Krystal immediately let go of her hand, wiping her own hand on her shorts. "Anyway, what are doing here?" 

"Why am I here? Isn't it obvious, I wanted to introduce myself since your new to the town." Amber have out a toothy grin, which Krystal wanted to smack off. 

Taking a breath, she asked other questions, "why do you call yourself the hero? Why do have so many band aids on you?" 

"I'm a hero, everybody knows me as a hero in this town. I fight crime with my fellow buddies." Amber proudly stated as she raised a fist in the air. "And about the band aids, that's whole other story." 

"You," Krystal examined Amber from head to toe, "a hero?" She scoffed, "as if." The brunette began to walk away before Amber grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing, let go." Krystal struggled under the girl's grip on her wrist. 

"Nope. I'm going to prove to you I'm a hero," Amber stubbornly insisted, while pulling Krystal farther and farther away from her house. "And during that time, I'll show you around." 

"But-but," Krystal tried to come up with an excuse, but nothing came up. She let herself be dragged away by this strange girl. "Fine, whatever." 

"How old are you though?" 

"10," Krystal replied as they walked along the sidewalk side by side. 

"Wow, I'm actually older than you, and you're pretty mature for your age," she chuckled, "I'm 12." Krystal didn't laugh, she only sent glares over to the girl. 

"Oh and I forgot to tell you," Amber happily spoke, "you'll get to see my friends they're extordinary people!" Krystal only rolled her eyes. She didn't even want to around this girl just being around her tired her.

Amber turned around, facing Krystal as she walked. The girl walked backwards, holding up a finger. "First there's Luna, she's the brightest and kindest person you'll ever meet." Then she held up two fingers, "second  there's Victoria, she's the oldest and a motherly-like figure." "Also, there's Sulli, she's a beauty," Amber explained as she held three fingers. 

"Wow, they sound like great people," Krystal muttered under her breath. "So can I go home-," she became cut off due to the droplet of rain that landed on her hand. Her eyebrows furrowed before rain began to pour down. 

Krystal let out a scream as the rain hit her. If it was as if she was in the shower, but she wasn't.  

Both their clothes soaking wet by the time they arrived back to Krystal's house. They stepped onto the porch which prevented the rain from hitting them. 

Amber let out a laugh as Krystal angrily whined at her wet clothes. 

"This is all your fault," Krystal sneered at the laughing girl.

"Shut it." She punched the taller girl aggressively, who in return let out a whimper. 

"Sorry." The older girl apologized, as she rubbed the aching spot on her arm. She stared at the rain falling, before apologizing again. 

"Sorry."

The burnette's eyes widen. The apology, Amber had said was so sincere. It was so strange, it felt like she actually meant it. 

Regretting the punch she gave to Amber, she stated two words that created a smile along her lips. "It's okay."

"Really?" Amber's bright self returned with a smile. "Then, do you want to hang out tomorrow too?" Krystal raised an eyebrow; she didn't exactly know what to say to the other girl, but she would do whatever it made her smile. 

"Yes." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

Oh look what's this, a crappy first chapter. I promise I'll write a better chapter for the next one. Sorry about that, first chapters are just hard. Thanks for the subscriptions.

Subscribe and comment what you think. Thanks.