One

Die Jung *HIATUS*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I promised to post a full one shot before November... but I can't because I have a job interview tomorrow (yes, I can believe that I will enter the career world soon. please pinch me >.<) So, here is the part one first :)

 

1. Kim Joonmyun                             500

2. Do Kyungsoo                                 499

3. Zhang Yixing                                  497

4. Kim Minseok                                 496

5. Park Chanyeol                              493

6. Kim Jongdae                                 493

7. Byun Baekhyun                            493

8. Oh Sehun                                       488

9. Huang Zitao                                   487

10. Kim Jongin                                   485

 

Tsk

 

Taeyong looks down from the senior’s exam result board to his own result slip in his hand. All B’s yet one ugly F printed on it. He feels sick suddenly. No wonder Leeteuk, his homeroom teacher, said he is not going to be like EXO with this horrendous result.

Urgh… so what?

Can he just be himself?

He shifts his attention to the board in front of him once again and frowns. Even in the batch ranking, EXO leave a huge gap in term of mark with the other seniors. He almost pity the student below Kim Jongin’s name who only managed to get herself a total 378 marks. Insane. Were EXO probably cheating during examination in that special built classroom of theirs?

He heaves a sigh as he adjusts the strap of his school bag on his shoulder. ‘Oh well... maybe he should think of some excuses to his mom now about the F he has unfortunately gotten’, he thought as another depressed sigh escapes from his mouth.

“Why dude? Cheer up, okay?”

Taeyong groans as he turns to his left side to find a sunny Osaka-born smiling widely at him. “Cheer up, my . Try listening to Leeteuk’s lecture for half an hour and I dare you to come out from the staff room all cherry like this”

Yuta laughs at his snap and Taeyong has this sudden urge to stuff his result slip into his mouth to shut him up. Good for the Japanese for getting 3rd place in this exam, while him being bitter for placing second last in their whole class.

“Oh come on, Taeyong! At least you passed English. Didn’t Mr. Choi blackmail you to get you fail in his paper because you submitted his assignment late?”

Taeyong rolls his eyes, “And making no progress in my Chemistry? Oh ing God I swear Leeteuk would kill me if I screw again next time!”

“Geez chill. As long as you are in our school’s badminton team, that old man won’t hurt you I am two hundred percent sure. You are his wife, Coach Kang’s favourite player after all”, Yuta replies nonchalantly and Taeyong hopes it would become true… or else he is so going to drop both badminton and Chemistry then, by hook or by crook.  

“So... game at my house later?”, Yuta questions as he slings his arm around the taller’s shoulder.

Taeyong shakes his head slowly. “Nah… knowing my mom, I might get tied to my study table as soon as she sees my result”, he answers as they begin walking side by side to the bus stand.

Luckily it is just a few students there because Taeyong really doesn’t want to give more headache into his head if he needs to board a crowded bus then.

“Ah… is that why you don’t walk Jaehyun home today?”, Yuta asks after a while.

“No, he has to help Mr. Cho at his tomato garden. He asked me not to wait for him because it would take some time, so I did”, Taeyong says and he remembers his short message exchanges with his Jaehyunnie beforehand.

He didn’t bother to ask for more details about his boyfriend’s after school plan—like he usually did—because he was anxious that their conversation might slip into the exam result topic, and he was that ashamed to break the news of his failure to the younger.

Moreover, his boyfriend got first place in his class and even topping their entire batch. God his beautiful and kind-hearted Jaehyunnie. Sometimes he wondered if he saved a nation in his past life to deserve such perfectness…

“Is that so…”, Yuta trails on, seems hesitate to continue as Taeyong raises one eyebrow at him. “But I saw him entering the music room with Chanyeol sunbae… err… well… maybe he is meeting Mr. Cho after that?”

Taeyong scoffs inwardly and makes a face. 6 months in friending Yuta, he doesn’t get it on why this Japanese boy insists that his Jaehyunnie is seeing EXO behind his back. “Look Yuta—“

Words suddenly stuck in his throat as he blinks several times at the scene before him. He takes a step backward in disbelief. There… right in front of his very eyes, he sees Jaehyunnie and a boy come out from the school gate, all smile.

His Jaehyunnie and one random boy, ing come out from the school gate, all ing smile!

Whut?

Taeyong could hear Yuta snorting at the abrupt change of expressions on his face, but before the latter get to turn around to see what had happened, he grabs his shoulders, stopping him to do so. “Don’t look. It is Johnny”, he lies.

Yuta nods a yes at once and Taeyong swears that this would be the first and the last time he took an advantage on the Japanese’s fear of this Johnny‘s non-stop advancement towards him.

But then, Taeyong couldn’t afford to let Yuta sees Jaehyunnie at this point. Not when he is with a boy that is not him. Yuta would seriously say ‘Hah I told you!’ at his face if he takes a look the scene behind him now.

Because… isn’t that one of the EXO who is opening his car door for his boyfriend there?

That ing nerves!

Taeyong lets out a sharp sigh which he didn’t realize that he has been holding it in before. He couldn’t tell who is who in EXO, but judging by the tie’s colour, he is positively sure that that tall boy with his Jaehyunnie right now is in the ridiculous special class.

And, no. He is not mad. He especially could care less than pulling his boyfriend out of the damn car, however, here is he feeling very—

“Ah… there is the bus! Let’s go, Taeyong!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter