Jaejoong's Story - Lies

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, just like every night, Jaejoong was sitting by himself at the corner of the bar. Jaejoong gulped down his third martini all at once; didn’t seem to bother that it could make him getting drunk even faster. Looking at his empty glass, Jaejoong raised his hand and ordered the next glass again.

“Are you trying to die or something, Jaejoong?” stated someone, sitting right beside Jaejoong.

Jaejoong took a slight glance towards his side, recognizing the familiar figure there; one of his friend. “Hyunjoong,” he said, raising his eyebrows upon curiosity. “What are you doing here? I never met you here before today.”

“Just having an urge to change the atmosphere,” answered Hyunjoong with a shrug.

Jaejoong was about to reply Hyunjoong, when he could see that the other was suddenly looking at his right and left repeatedly. It was as if he was trying to find something; someone else inside there. Didn’t understand what his friend was doing, Jaejoong frowned and unconsciously followed along.

“Have an appointment?” asked Jaejoong in the end.

“No,” Hyunjoong answered right away. “I’m looking for your soulmate. Where is Yoochun?”

As the name was mentioned by Hyunjoong, Jaejoong’s expression suddenly changed. He showed it rather clear that he didn’t want to be asked about the other member of his group; at least, not now. Jaejoong was even rolling his eyes lazily upon the question and snorting on the process in instant.

“He’s not coming,” answered him in the end.

“Huh? You never came without him for these whole times,” stated Hyunjoong, feeling confused with the new fact that he just got right now.

“I’ve been drinking without him for almost three weeks. Besides, he’s not my babysitter,” Jaejoong replied, showing no actual concern about the topic. “Can we not talk about him?”

“You’re having a fight?” asked Hyunjoong, being persistent he was.

“No,” Jaejoong answered after a brief of silence. “I just need to get drunk and he won’t let me.”

“Drunk…” Hyunjoong replied back with a chuckle. “Why do you even need to get drunk? Is it because of Changmin? I’ve told you that he’s not suitable for you, Jaejoong. Not that he’s bad or something, but both of your views on something are completely different.”

“God. Shut up, Hyunjoong,” pressured Jaejoong, hoping that the other would get the sign and stop the talk right there already. Though, he also thought that knew it or not, his friend would ignore it.

“Yoochun,” Hyunjoong, as Jaejoong guessed, still continued his words uncaringly. “He was the most suitable one for you; he still is, in fact. I can see why you two were entitled as a soulmate. That’s not just a fanmade title, right? I always suspected on how both of you were able to talk just by using the eyes. Just admit it, Jaejoong. You two are perfect for each other.”

Jaejoong slammed his glass hardly as he has finished the fourth glass of his martini. He stared at the other with his dangerous glare for a second, before standing up and leaving the innocent man alone. Jaejoong then visited the other side of the bar; where those who have been eyeing on him ever since he has stepped into the bar gathered. For once again, all he wanted was just forgetting all the messy things inside his head. Staying with Hyunjoong wouldn’t give him anything good, as he didn’t want to see it even more; how everything turned out just exactly like the other’s words.

Jaejoong wasn’t a dumb. He did realize it since a long time ago that he felt something whenever he was with Yoochun; between his arms. He knew that he had this forbidden feelings that shouldn’t be there at the first place. Though, it also didn’t mean that he has stopped loving Changmin. He never did. He just got the different sensations, whenever he was with Changmin or Yoochun.

When Jaejoong was with Changmin, he could sense a butterfly in his stomach; especially when the youngest one did affectionate things. He could easily feel nervous, shy, or even overly excited just by the appearance of Changmin. And with Yoochun, it was simply the opposite. He felt safer around Yoochun. There was no excitement there; not even a faster heartbeat. Jaejoong just got a sensation as if he was a free soul; and being Jaejoong he was… he liked- loved that a lot.

Jaejoong was honestly scared with the development of his own feelings. He desperately wanted to keep Changmin by his side. He said to himself that Changmin was good for him already; and he should never doubt or regret his choice. But still, in the end Jaejoong couldn’t hide it forever from Changmin. Being stupid Jaejoong was, he couldn’t stop his own eyes for always searching Yoochun and staring at him way too lovingly. That stare was the one got caught so easily by Changmin.

 

There was once in the past, when Jaejoong and Changmin were altogether inside Changmin’s room.

Both of them were sitting on the bed; with Jaejoong’s head practically on Changmin’s chest as he hugged the youngest’s waist. He couldn’t stop smiling, feeling loved just by the fact that Changmin was around him- his hair and sometimes kissing the top of his head. He wouldn’t deny that he loved it whenever Changmin was being affectionate with him, since the taller never showed it whenever someone was around; even if that was just their member.

But later after that, when Jaejoong couldn’t feel the on his hair anymore, he was frowning almost immediately. Jaejoong turned his attention towards Changmin completely, feeling surprised to see Changmin’s sad stare on him. Jaejoong was panic and confused at the same time; thinking on what he has done wrong just now, as he didn’t expect the change of the mood this sudden.

“Something wrong, Changmin?” asked Jaejoong worriedly.

“There shouldn’t be,” Changmin answered calmly. “But can I ask something?”

Jaejoong still didn’t understand on what was going on, but if Changmin needed to ask, of course the taller could. So that, Jaejoong immediately nodded without any hesitance.

“Are you sure that… you’re going to fill the lawsuit with the others?” Changmin asked softly, showing no rage or disagreement. “Even if that means we can’t meet and spend time together as often?”

Jaejoong frowned even more upon the sudden question. He was sure that both of them have talked about the matter some times before. They have agreed since a long time ago that the lawsuit would never change anything between them. End of story.

“Yes…” Jaejoong answered hesitantly. “But you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter