Final

One in a Million

Whoa, six subs before I even posted it, thank you so much! I hope this won't disappoint you guys and I'm sorry for the delay.

And if it's not too much trouble, please help like my message to Lu Han for the MCM message to EXO thing. It's a long shot but I want to give it a try. I would really appreciate it thank you <3


Seconds turned to minutes. Minutes turned to hours. First one and then two. Kris found himself on the borderline of his patience when they were about three hours in.

“You’re stalking her.”

“You call it stalking; I call it lovingly lurking in the shadows.”

Kris rolled his eyes, “Yeah so, stalking.”

“If you’re going to bother me Kris then go away.” Joon Myeon snapped, lowering his book so he could glare at the giant.

“Kris is right Joon. I think you should stop, it’s been going on for a while now.” Min Seok commented, his eyes shifting to look at the figure busying around behind the counter. Kris nodded in agreement, “Yeah, how long has it been already? A month now?”

“Two months and twenty-six days.” Joon Myeon raised an eyebrow when he saw the looks his friends were giving him. Red painted across his cheeks when he has realized what he just said, “I-I just— I haven’t been counting or anything like that.”

Min Seok and Kris shared a look before shaking their heads in disbelief.

Been all over the world
Done a little bit of everything
Little bit of everywhere
With a little bit of everyone
All the girls I’ve been with
Things I’ve seen it takes much to impress
But sure enough your glow it makes your soul stand out from all the rest

Joon Myeon swore he had met his soul mate.

Being the next successor to the family business, Joon Myeon had gone out of the country a number of times. It’s not like he wanted to but it’s not as if he minded either. His father had to go on these monthly business trips and as the next heir, he had to go along.

Even though they were business trips, he still had time to do some sightseeing and have fun here and there. His most memorable memories were probably when he had trekked along the famous Great Wall of China, learned how to surf in Australia and had the greatest luck yet in Las Vegas.

Joon Myeon did a little bit of everything and had been a little bit of everywhere. He had met a few people, met a few girls here and there, especially at the Beach in Tulum, Mexico and at the Full Moon Party in Thailand.

With his experiences that he had gained through his travels, it took a lot to impress him now.

He actually had his whole future planned out. He would marry a bright woman, no matter where, at the age of thirty, take over the family’s business when his father retired. Maybe buy a house at the countryside so his two kids, a boy and a girl, would have a huge yard to play in and live a peaceful quiet life with his family.

It was perfect.

So surprise, surprise that something in the form of a young woman working at a little restaurant a few blocks away from his office made him rethink about his future. Joon Myeon was just passing by, noting how the restaurant had a good business and that it would probably start having branches around the country in a few months.

And that’s when it happened.

He felt his breath hitched in his throat, his heart stuttering as it beats at an abnormal speed and his stomach churning when he had laid eyes on the young woman serving customers outside. There was nothing extraordinary about her. She was simple, average height with average looks.

Her smile though. Her smile was stunning.

And Joon Myeon felt like he was falling right then and there.

You’re not a regular girl
You don’t give a damn about the loot
Talking about I can’t do it for you
But you can do it for yourself
Even though that ain’t so
Baby cause my dough don’t know how to end
But that independent thing I’m with it
All we do is win baby

“Oh, you’re alone today?”

The businessman jumped in his seat. He looked up at the waitress by his table with wide eyes before stuttering out a, “Y-Yes.” A giggle left her lips and she smiled brightly, “The usual?”

“Yes, thank you.” Joon Myeon tried to fight down the embarrassed blush that was making its way to his cheeks because oh my gosh, she remembers my orders. Do I come here too often? Should I order something else? Min Seok hyung and Kris hyung are right, I am a creep. What do I—

“You’re pretty well-off, aren’t you?”

“H-Huh?” he snapped out of his thought. He blinked slowly as her question registered in his mind, “How did you know?” She gestured to his everything with her pen, “Oh…right.”

She smiled, “People must treat you differently huh?”

Joon Myeon felt himself relaxed a little and shrugged, “Some do.” He said. He then looked at the her with a raised eyebrow, “You’re not treating me differently from the others are you, Seo Rin?”

“Hmm, no. I don’t really care about other people and their wealth.” Seo Rin hummed thoughtfully, “As long as I have enough to support my family and I, that’s all it matters.”

“Is your situation at home bad?” he asked, his eyebrows furrowed. Never did the thought occur to him that she would be poor.

Seo Rin laughed —he sighed silent in relief, he thought he had come off as rude— and shook her head, “Not at all. We’re just a little short is all. My dad needs monthly check-ups and my mum and I are working to pay for my siblings school fees.”

Joon Myeon blinked, “Oh. Well, maybe I could—“

“That’s generous of you Mr. Kim, but there’s no need. I can handle it.” she waved it off with a grin, “Your food will be out shortly.” Seo Rin her heels to go place the order.

“W-Wait!” he swallowed the lump forming in his throat when Seo Rin had turned back around with a confused look on her face, “Can I…Can I take you out for dinner some time?”

Her eyes widened slowly, “N-No, I can’t possibly—“

Joon Myeon took a deep breath and smiled, “I insist.”

“B-But—“

“Please, I would like to get to know you better Seo Rin.”

I could be in love
But I just don’t know
Baby one thing is for certain
Whatever you do it’s working
Other girls don’t matter
In your presence can’t do what you do
There’s a million girls around but I don’t see no one but you

Joon Myeon denies that he had fallen in love at first sight. He always thought of it as ridiculous because no one could possibly love someone when they only saw them for the first time ever in their life.

But right now, he doesn’t know anymore.

He found himself always driving past the same little restaurant on his way to and from work. His eyes always looking for the young waitress and a smile on his lips when he does see her.

Min Seok and Kris caught on a few weeks later when they caught him in a dazed state more than once at work. They laughed, they teased and they managed to drag Joon Myeon to the restaurant on one fine Thursday afternoon on their lunch break.

Joon Myeon was twitching in his seat. The calm and collected businessman was replaced with a nervous wreck which Min Seok and Kris found all too amusing.

He kept glancing around the restaurant, wondering if the waitress was working that day or maybe even walking towards their table to take their orders. Joon Myeon was pretty sure that something was wrong with him because he never felt so panicky in his life. Not even when his father had sent him on a business meeting alone to Japan to negotiate with a very important potential business partner.

“Oh is it her? She’s pretty hot.” Kris commented, eyeing the waitress that walked past their table.

“She ain’t that bad either.” Min Seok added, nodding over to another waitress a few tables away from them.

The younger of the three wanted to scoff at his friends because how dare they mistake these other girls as his angel. His eyes widened, wait, my angel?

“Welcome to Little Red Riding Hood. I’m sorry to keep you waiting, are you gentlemen ready to order?”

Joon Myeon felt his heart stopped as he blinked up at the waitress with the gorgeous smile.

Ooh all that I can think about is what this thing could be
A future baby
Baby you’re one of a kind
That means that you’re the only one for me
Only one for me

“Wow, I’ve never seen you this nervous since we dragged you to Little Red Riding Hood.” The giant laughed, a grin on his face as he watching Joon Myeon fuss over his appearance.

“Oh leave him alone Kris. It’s a big day today.” Min Seok chided him with a frown before turning to the younger with a smile, “Don’t let your nerves get to you Joon.”

Joon Myeon nodded albeit a little shakily, “I’ll try.”

“I never thought I would see the day, our little Joon Myeonnie is growing up.” Min Seok sniffed, wiping an imaginary tear from his eye. Joon Myeon rolled his eyes, “Please hyung, I’m not getting married yet.”

“But you will soon.” Kris pointed out. The businessman chewed on his bottom lip, “If she says yes that is.”

Min Seok frowned before slapping the younger on the back, earning a yelp, “Where the hell is your confidence that you had when you went sky diving at New Zealand huh Kim Joon Myeon? I’m not going to let you leave this building until I see you stop fidgeting like a little girl.” He said, eyes narrowing into a glare.

Joon Myeon laughed, “Thanks Min Seok hyung, I needed that.”

“Any time.” Min Seok grinned.

“All set?” Kris asked and Joon Myeon nodded, patting his right front pocket. It’s either now or never.

Girl you’re so one in a million
You are
Baby you’re the best I ever had
Best I ever had
And I’m certain that
There ain’t nothing better

Joon Myeon woke up to the sound of high pitched laughter and the smell of coffee.

Sitting up, he let out a muffled yawn before stretching his back and arms, a content sigh leaving his lips when he heard a satisfying crack. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he slowly shuffled to the bathroom to wash up.

The moment he had walked out of his bedroom and down the stairs, he had been tackled by two hyper three year olds, “Daddy!!”

“Good morning.” He chuckled. He bent down to scoop up the giggling twins and kissing them both on the cheek, “Where’s mummy?”

“She’s making fwood.” He nuzzled his nose against his daughter’s cheek, “Then let’s go wait for breakfast.”

Walking to the dining room as quiet as possible, he sat the twins down on their chairs and placed a finger on his lips; his kids nodding, placing their hands over their mouths to muffle their giggles. Joon Myeon peeked into the kitchen and a small smile graced his features when he saw his wife shuffling around here and there, making sure that nothing was burnt and everything was ready.

Seo Rin paused with her work, looking up when she felt there was someone watching her. “Hey, when did you get up?” She asked, eyes wide in surprised. “For a while now.” He grinned. Pushing himself off the doorframe he was leaning on, he made his way towards the brunette and wrapped his arm around her waist before leaning down to give her a kiss.

When the two of them pulled away, there was a faint blush on Seo Rin's cheeks as she smiled up at him and Joon Myeon felt himself falling all over again.

No there ain’t nothing better than this