Chapter 1

Starstruck

Chapter 1

“Havva come on we’re going to miss our plane.” Called Becky.

            Becky and Havva were running through the London airport trying to catch their last connection before they arrived in Korea. Their flight from New York was a little late so they had to run in order to catch their next flight. Becky’s brother had moved to Korea a few year ago for the company he worked for  and he had invited Becky to come and spend a year with him. He’ also told her that she could bring a friend to spend the summer with her.  Havva had been so excited to go to Korea  that she had asked her parents an Becky’s brother Randy if she could stay the year too, Randy didn’t mind but it was up to her parents. Havva’s parents hadn’t agreed yet, they said that they would make their decision in enough time or Havva to get the visa she needed for spending  year there. They just made their last flight and although both of them were tired because of the time difference  and getting up early that day they were to excited to sleep on the flight. Instead the two of them got out their English/Korean dictionary along with the Korean text books they’d been studying for the last month.

            Havva and Becky weren’t very good with Korean but they wanted to be able to speak a little bit so they’d be able to get around. Studying didn’t last long though, within half hour their laptops were out and they were sharing kpop music videos, interviews, and funny videos of their favorite kpop bands. And as always there was the constant battering of who was better in B2ST, the leader DooJoon,or the dancing machine Kikwang. Havva always insisted that DooJoon was better but Becky insisted that Kikwang was way more cute and funny than Doojoon. It  was eight in the evening when they landed in Korea. It took  the two of them a while to gather up all their luggage and get through custom, after they’d finally got through it all and were walking out the door to the main airport Becky spotted Randy instantly, a tall skinny guy in his late twenties with long dark hair with a big smile on his face.

“Randy!” she said running towards him

It had been three years since Randy had moved to Korea and he hadn’t been able to go back to the States once.

“Hey squirt,” he said giving Becky a big hug. “Havva it is nice to see you again.”

“You too,” she said smiling.

“You guys got everything?” asked Randy looking at all the luggage.

“Yep, I don’t think we’ve missed anything.”

“Alright let’s go.”

            Randy led them out of the airport and to his car that he’d parked in the parking garage. After loading the luggage Becky called shotgun, Havva didn’t mind since it had been so long since she’d seen her brother. The two siblings were rather close and although she’d been happy that her brother had gotten a very good raise and new position she had been sad that it meant he’d have to move to Korea. Seoul was lit up with the night lights of the city and as they drove through the city to Randy’s house he pointed out good places to eat or shop along with what the girls really wanted to know, where Cube, Sm, JYP, and YG Entertainment were along with the building he worked at. Randy lived at an apartment that was only a couple blocks away from his job. The apartment was on the fifth floor and after parking in the under ground garage they took the elevator up to his floor, his place was the third door on the left. He punched in his code, showing the girls how to use it and the code and then let them in.

            Randy had a two bedroom one bathroom apartment, but it was still more spacious than  a lot of apartments back in the States. One of the bedrooms had been Randy’s study but since the girls were going to be staying for a long period of time he’d moved his office stuff into the living room and put mattresses and blankets in the room for the girls to sleep on along with some pieces of furniture that they might need. Randy helped them set their luggage in there and told them to decorate the room however they liked, it was theirs for however long they were staying. After he left them to unpack Randy went to the kitchen looking for what he had to make a late night dinner.

            Becky and Havva agreed to share the wall facing the door to and opposite wall. Havva then got the left wall and Becky got the right one, after they’d agreed on that they quickly began  unpacking their things putting up their big and small posters, calendars and fan towel signs and various other items on the wall that had their favorite kpop artist on them. The back wall ended up being a wall that was dedicated to all six B2ST members  with group and pair pictures of them. The girls got halfway done when Randy told them dinner was ready.

“Mmm fried Omrice!” exclaimed Becky

“Yep, you liked it the last time I made it for you.”

“That was the night before you left, I didn’t want to make you feel bad but….that was the worse dinner you’ve ever made.” Teased Becky.

Randy burst out laughing, “that’s because you didn’t want me to leave.”

“True.  Oh I set you two up for Korean lessons next week”

“Oh great! I can’t wait!” exclaimed Becky

“Me too,  It is hard to learn it in the States with someone who doesn’t have it as a first langue.”

“You two got you’re day all planned out for tomorrow?”asked Randy walking over two his desk.

“Of  course yes, why?”

“I was going to suggest you come by work.  You two would love it and a few of my friends would like to meet you.”

“You mean we could get a behind the camera look at Music Bank!” exclaimed Havva

“Yes, I’ll leave instructions out for you guys so can you find you’re way through the building.”

            The three of them talked for a couple of hours before the girls turned in because they were so tired. Randy stayed up late working on a new program that he would be doing soon along with going over things for the morning. The girls slept a lot that night since they hadn’t slept at all during their flight. In the morning they woke up to find a breakfast that Randy had left for them along with a note. “Eat up and have a great day, the map is for when you visit along with the two passes. Havva’s is for the summer and yours is for the year. Have fun girl, text me if something is wrong and if you’d  like to meet up for lunch.”

“This is why your brother is so cool.” Said Havva, “none of my siblings would ever do something like this.”

“That’s because you have two siblings, whereas it’s just Randy and I. Come on lets eat.”

            The girls quickly ate the their breakfast then cleaned up. It took them a half hour to finish getting ready for their day and packing up a few things to take with them. Becky double checked her ag twice to make sure that she had everything she needed, particularly the map and the passes. Since MBC wasn’t very far away the girls decided to walk instead of taking a taxi or bus. It was only a ten minute walk and the girls enjoyed being able to just look around and taking in all the different sounds of Seoul. They had heard Korean often but now it was on every street and was rather fascinating. Once inside KBS it took them few minutes to get through the security and to figure out Randy’s map. Eventually they reached the fifth floor and tried to navigate the hallways. It was clear they were in the right spot as they passed doors with different kpop singer’s names on them.

“Yeah how can your brother be so terrible with drawing a map,” said Havva opening a door,”he’s worked here for three years already.”

“AAw” came a voice from the other side of the door.

The girls took a step back and the door swung open revealing Yoon Doojoon of BEAST rubbing the back of his head. 

 

Okay, what did you all think. I hope you enjoyed it. More will come very shortly. Please leave comments, I love to hear what my readers think of my stories.