So Stop Fronting

Let's Start Talkin

You come to me in the hall, but you never say anything meaningful. There's always something that's happened with your other friend, who was it again? That boy Adam, you never cease to give me details about him. Is he your best friend now? As far as I know, you met him a week ago, but you never stop talking about him. What am I to you? Am I a sack that you throw over your shoulder when you need me? I guess it doesn't really matter since I know you're into me. I can't help feeling though, that you're purposely avoiding me. I don't know what or why, but you keep coming up in front of me and it makes me crazy. Do you know that your skin is so perfect, there is no bad mark on it, your lips are the same way. I can't help but stare into your eyes, they're not pure brown like mine, they have so many more shades of brown. I try to copy your style, but it doesn't suit me the way it does you. You developed muscles quicker than me, but somehow it seems I'm always the one to save you. Every hairstyle and color looks good on you, with or without makeup you glow and make me jealous of how lucky you are to be so perfect. You stand in front of me and I would normally have battered breath, but this time I feel sad. For the first time in my life I wish you'd leave my presence, I don't want to smell the sweet smell of your cologne or see the light makeup on your eyes. I wished Adam would come and take you away from my sight, because you make me regret becoming your friend. If that's all we are then stop fronting.