It's Not Working

Let's Start Talkin

"This is ridiculous," us kids had an assignment and it was definitely a pain.

Switch yourself with someone from a different group, see how well or how badly the other members adapt to your presence and style. No matter what, you aren't allowed to contact your original bandmates and you have to write a journal of what goes on everyday. 

"Teacher! Why do we have do this? It seems like a waste of time," one of my good friends Yugyeom made a small complaint.

We were all feeling it though, already tired every day with current school and practice, this was an unneccessary add on.

"It's only a waste of time if you don't try to understand why you are doing this." Our teacher was a nice lady, she had her hair up allmost all the time, and she'd be a kind of rolemodel for literature. She always spoke with a clear tone and perfect pronunciation. Even my fascination with her couldn't pull my mind away from him though. 

I had tried every thing, eating more, exercising more, changing my hair, visiting my grandparents, but no matter what I did I couldn't get him out of my head. I've tried confronting him multiple times, but every time I meet with him I can't get the courage to stay long. I've become so anxious that my heart races even at his name, until I met Adam. I met him in the morning at school and we became friends quickly, I felt so comfortable around him that I didn't suffer so much when I thought about GuNo.

We were in lunch period one day and I had glimpsed GuNo trying to get to me, but I avoided him, Adam and I sat alone outside. 

"You seem down in the dumps, are you ok?"

I was surprised since I had been spacing out, "oh sorry, that was rude of me, what was the question?" I looked over at him and he had a worried expression on his face. 

"You look sadder than usual these days, what's going on? You know you can talk to me."

"I know, I just... I don't know what I'm supposed to do," I put away my lunch, my appetite was gone. "I'm going to go," I left quickly and returned home saying that I was sick. Unlike other guys, I wrote in a diary, I never wanted to tell anyone what I was feeling, so I wrote my feelings down to help me. 

'I've tried, but I don't know what it is about you. I want to be closer, but you seem so far away, no matter what I do you're always on my mind and it hurts. I want to tell you my feelings, but I'm afraid. Is there any way that you'd feel the same way for me?' I read my last entry in my head and pick up my pen.

'Today is the same, Adam tries to help and I still can't face you. He's there for me and I feel better, but when I'm near you I can feel my heart beating strong in my chest. So much so that I sometimes think it will beat out of my chest and I will die. I can't do anything to get you out of my mind, or even my heart for that matter. I've been trying to forget about you, it's not working.'