Hyungs

Those Cheekbones Tho

Coming up with chapter titles is really hard. 


“Jongdae, you’ll never know how he truly feels until you confess to him.” Suho urged.

 

“It’s so easy for you to say,” snapped Jongdae. “You’re not the one that’s going to be confessing. You’re not the one in the subunit with him! I literally have to see, train and live with Xing 24/7 365 days and 366 on leap years.”

 

Before Suho could comment on the outburst, Xiumin entered the room.

 

“Guys, Luhan just my face and when I kicked him and asked him why, he said it was because of Chen.” He looked accusingly at Chen. “What did you do?”

 

Chen raised his hands up in the air in surrender. “I swear I did nothing. It was all Baekhyun.”

 

Minseok gave him an unimpressed look. “What did Baekhyun do?”

 

“He told Luhan that I fancy you.”

 

Minseok looked flustered. “Well Jongdae…umm…er…you know that…um-”

 

Chen put a stop to Xiumin’s misery. “I don’t fancy you hyung.”

 

“Oh thank God.” Sighed Minseok in relief. Then he realised what he had just said out loud. “I mean because you know, I’m your hyung and member and it would never work. Not that I wouldn’t be flattered, I mean I would, but-”

 

Suho decided to intervene. “Hyung, we get it.”

 

Xiumin looked around awkwardly. “Well then, I’ll just leave.” He scurried out of the room.

 

“See!” Jongdae gestured towards the door. “Even Seokie hyung says it would never work.”

 

“For you and him, not you and Yixing!” protested Suho.

 

Chen sighed. He didn’t have it in him to argue further. “Hyung can you just leave. I want to be alone please.”

 

Suho nodded and straightened up to leave. He paused by the doorway as he turned off the lights.

 

“Jongdae, remember; nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

 

Chen rolled his eyes at the leader’s inspirational quote reference. He’s been into that stuff lately. He had been lying in bed, facing the wall and contemplating whether or not to take the leader’s advice, when the door opened.

 

“Whoever it is, can you leave me alone?” He knows he’s being rude but he can’t find it in himself to care. “It’s our free day and I don’t want to see any of your ugly mugs.”

 

There was a small pause before a reply came. “Jongdae, you think my face is ugly?”

 

Chen sat straight up after he realised whose voice it was. “Xing ge? No I don’t think your face is ugly at all.” Then he physically stopped himself from elaborating further by putting his hand on his mouth. He really wanted to tell Lay that out of all the members faces, heck out of anyone’s faces, he liked Yixing’s the most. Jongdae knew that Lay may not be the hottest or the cutest or the most handsome but to him, Yixing’s face was perfection (and so was everything else about Yixing but Lay just needed reassurance on his face not a creepy outburst).

 

Jongdae could practically see him frowning in the dark. “But you just said-”

 

“I know what I said, I just thought you were Baekhyun or something.”

 

Lay began to climb into Jongdae’s bed. “Oh, but I don’t think Baekhyun’s face is ugly.”

 

Chen was trying very hard not to scowl at him when Lay wrapped his arms around him and pulled him to lie down.

 

“What what what are you doing?” he spluttered turning slightly pink and being thankful that it was dark.

 

“Getting cozy. I couldn’t sleep in my room, Baekhyun was being noisy. Again.” Lay said as he nuzzled Chen’s neck.

 

Chen gradually began turning magenta. He also vowed silently to put cucumbers in everything Baekhyun eats as a form of revenge. As much as he loved liked Yixing, he really just wanted to be alone right now to gather his thoughts.

 

“Don’t you normally cuddle with Sehun?” he asked as he slowly began prying Lay’s hands off of him.

 

“Yeah but he’s out today. Besides, I miss sleeping with you.” He pressed a kiss on the back of Jongdae’s neck and pulled him closer.

 

Chen went from magenta to Hyuna red in seconds. He’s breathing was coming out irregular and he felt suffocated. It really didn’t help the fact that they were both shirtless and Lay was rubbing slow circles on Chen’s stomach. A few years ago, this would’ve have been comforting gesture but now Lay’s abdomen and hands were scolding Chen’s skin and all he wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry. Tears began to gather in Jongdae’s eyes as he remembered Minseok’s and Yixing’s words. He just couldn’t take it anymore, he shot out of bed, mumbled an excuse to Yixing before running out of the room.

 

He was trying to find a safe haven to calm down at when he noticed that the bathroom was free. He ran in and locked the door behind him. It wasn’t until much later when Tao was pounding on the door, demanding he come out or take a shower with him, that he left the bathroom. Jongdae came face to face with Yixing as Tao pushed passed him with Sehun.

 

“If you didn’t want to sleep with me, you could’ve said Chenchen.” Yixing said sadly before turning to walk away.

 

Chen watched him go, not bothering to call out to him and explain. He decided that it would be for the best if he avoided as much contact with Lay as possible. Out of sight, out of mind and hopefully out of heart. It was a foolproof plan. He mentally patted himself on the back and ignored the dull ache in his heart.


Why am I writing angst, I hate angst. I also hate SM, I'm sure you guys have heard about their latest fudge up. Someone please stop them!!!