Cheekbones

Those Cheekbones Tho

I haven't written in a really long time so I apologise for this. Also this is the first time I'm writing for this fandom. Also what is the English language?


It was a quiet day in the EXO dorm, one of those rare days where they didn’t have any schedules. Everyone had decided to cherish their free time by sleeping late in to the afternoon or spending the day with their friends. EXO’s resident unicorn, however, had woken up at 5 am to practise. He had a schedule to keep and just because it was their rest day didn’t mean that he was going to slack. He had quietly snuck out and turned his phone off. He didn’t want to get any more lectures from Joonmyun about taking care of himself, Suho just didn’t understand.

 

He arrived back to the dorm around 11am, completely satisfied with his practise for the day.

 

“Lay hyung?” asked a voice.

 

Lay turned around too fast that he tripped over the numerous amount of shoes in the landing. The person responsible for his demise rushed to help him up.

 

“Thank you Jongdae.” Yixing said once he saw who his helper was.

 

“Did you go to practise?” Jongdae accused with his hands on his hips and the sassiest expression he could muster up in his sleepy state.

 

“Did you just wake up?” Lay asked when he noticed that Chen was shirtless and his hair was thoroughly ruffled. Even though it was meant to be autumn, the nights were still warm enough for the members to go shirtless during sleep.

 

“It’s our day off hyung, I just came to find something to eat and then I’m going back to sleep again. Maybe you should go to bed now.”

 

Lay just hummed in response and watched as Chen walked towards the kitchen.

 

Yixing considered what Chen had said, he was tired but he wasn’t tired enough to go to sleep. He decided to head towards the living room and review their last performance. Once he was done, he began to read the comments. As usual they were filled with love and praise from their fans but then one comment caught his eyes.

 

Is it me or is Chen oppa’s cheekbones getting higher and higher as time passes.

 

This got Lay thinking. Was Chen’s cheekbones getting higher? He recalled that during their trainee days Chen’s cheekbones weren’t that high. In fact this face was fuller, maybe this is him growing out of the baby fat stage but maybe it’s him not taking care of himself. Jongdae’s always telling people to take care of themselves but he never takes care of himself.

 

“Jongdae-ya!” he called from the living room.

 

“Yes hyung?!” Chen shouted back.

 

“Don’t just have junk food, have a proper breakfast.”

 

Yixing listened as rustles of packets were put back where they belonged before he received an answer with a sigh. “Yes hyung.”

 

There were only two people in EXO that Jongdae would listen to without a question: Minseok and Yixing. Normally when Chen’s trolling was getting too much, the other members would ask Xiumin or Lay to make him stop and he would do so immediately. He was slowing beginning to listen to Suho nowadays as he knew how much stress the leader was under ever since Kris left. But that is nothing compared to how he listens to Minseok and Yixing.

 

Lay listened for a while longer to make sure Chen was making a proper breakfast before he went back to reading the comments.

 

Omo! Chen oppa’s cheekbones!!! I die!

 

Asjhoahenaljk Jongdae oppa’s cheekbones!!!

 

Lay honestly couldn’t understand why the fans were going crazy over cheekbones. But then again, they’ve gone crazy over less, he thought.

 

I swear to God, Chen’s cheekbones could cut diamonds they are so sharp.

 

That last comment got him thinking, could Jongdae’s cheekbones actually cut diamonds? They were pretty sharp but…he just had to find out now. With his curiosity peaked, he put his phone away and called Jongdae.

 

“Jongdae-ya!”

 

“Yes hyung?” Chen answered with his mouth full of bread.

 

“Come here for a second please.”

 

Chen stuffed the second piece of bread in his mouth, chewed vigorously and dusted his hands and pyjama bottoms before heading into the living room. He raised an eyebrow at Lay and Lay patted the space next to him. Jongdae rolled his eyes and sat down. The sooner this was over (whatever this was), the sooner he could get back to sleep. He learned not to question Lay and his 4Dness as it usually made him more confused.

 

“Sit facing me.” Lay instructed.

 

Jongdae turned and watched as Yixing watched him with a frown on his face. Yixing began to move his head in strange ways around Chen and Chen tried to follow.

 

“Don’t move.”

 

Chen stayed still but allowed his eyes to follow Lay’s strange movements. Lay was trying to deduce from look only, if Jongdae’s cheekbones could cut him but he was drawing a blank. Lay sighed after a while.

 

“I need a closer look.”

 

“What do you want me to do? Sit on your lap?” Chen joked.

 

“Yes that would be helpful.” Lay answered seriously.

 

Jongdae was stunned into silence and Yixing used this opportunity to pull him on to his lap. His hands cupped Chen’s bum and pulled him close until their chests touched. Jongdae tried not to squeal in surprise and braced his hands on Lay’s chest to find his balance again. Yixing didn’t notice the way Chen’s eyes widened or the way he swallowed thickly.

 

Lay removed his right hand from under Chen’s bum and started reaching up to his cheeks, unaware of the fact that Chen’s heart had started to beat faster and that he was holding his breath. Yixing stared in fascination as his hand cupped Chen’s jaw and his thumb brushed against his cheeks. His touch was so gentle that without realising, Jongdae’s eyes fluttered shut and his breathing became shallower.

 

This continued for a while before Lay spoke. “They were wrong.”

 

Chen’s eyes flew open. “What?”

 

“They said your cheekbones would cut diamonds but they don’t cut anything.” Yixing clarified.

 

Chen was even more confused now. “What?”

 

“Having fun guys?” asked a voice from the doorway.

 

Chen fell off Lay’s lap trying to get out of the position that they were in. Lay just stared bemusedly at Chen’s strange behaviour. They both looked towards the source of the voice and found Baekhyun and Suho staring at them with their arms folded and identical smirks on their face.

 

“I’m going back to bed.” Mumbled Jongdae as he pushed past them.

 

“Don’t forget to have proper meals from now on.” Lay called after him.

 

Baekhyun looked back at Yixing and his smirk widen. “Hyung wasn’t it you who said our band was a manly band and not to misunderstand.”

 

“Yeah why?”

 

Baekhyun was about to explain but Suho put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a look. He immediately shut up and went to tease Chen.

 

“Yixing, go to bed. I know you snuck out to practise and if you don’t want a lecture, you will go to sleep now.” Suho said with authority.

 

Lay stood up and saluted Joonmyun. “Yes sir.”

 

Lay left the living room, followed by Suho after he turned off all the lights.


I swear it wasn't supposed to be this long, I don't know what I wrote.