(F) The Script & Blue October

YunJae Songfics

AN: Okay, so momoayasaki requested "Science & Faith" by The Script, so I wrote that, but it wasn't long enough to suit my current standards (i.e. 500+ words for each songfic) for publishing, because it's only around 300 words right now. So, in an effort to avoid the songfic just sitting in an OpenOffice document on my computer for all eternity while I try to force myself to make it longer, or just scrapping the songfic entirely, I decided to post it with another songfic (for "Calling You" by Blue October) that isn't long enough to post by itself, because it also only has around 300 words. At first, I was going to pair it with another songfic for The Script, but all of my other songfics for that artist are angsty, and I wanted to keep it fluffy for the moment. I'll probably cave to angst again before too long, but I figure after the marathon of angst I put you all through, I should give y'all a break with some fluff :). Plot synopses for the first one: it's either pre-lawsuit or AU, it's up to you guys which one you think suits it best, but basically Yunho and JJ are in love, but Yunho has never been in love with a man before and has always thought that love was just chemicals in the brain to encourage men and women to have kids, so Yunho thinks it doesn't make sense for him and JJ to be in love, but Jaejoong knows that there's more to love than science can explain.

The Script “Science & Faith”:

YH's POV:

I tried to break love to a science...in an act of pure defiance, I broke his heart. As I pulled apart his theories, reasoning that it didn't make sense for two men to love each other the way we do...as I watched him growing weary from trying to prove to me that love isn't about biology, and isn't defined by gender...I pulled him apart.

Having heavy conversations about the furthest constellations of our souls, we're just trying to find some meaning in the things that we believe in, but we've got some ways to go.
Of all of the things that he's ever said, he goes and says something that just knocks me dead: “You won't find faith or hope down a telescope. You won't find heart and soul in the stars. You can break everything down to chemicals...but you can't explain a love like ours. It's the way we feel. This...what we have between us...this is real...and I don't care if it makes sense or not. It doesn't have to make sense. It just is.”
I tried pushing evolution as the obvious conclusion of the start, but it was for my own amusement, saying love was an illusion of a hopeless heart. As he said those words to me alone in our dorm room, I realized that I couldn't argue with him on this...and that if there was anything that made less sense than the feelings Jaejoong and I have for each other...it's that I'm fighting him on them at all.
Even if I try to break everything down to chemicals, it still is never going to explain away the feelings I have for Jaejoong, nor the feelings he has for me. It's the way we feel...and it's real. This love that we hold between us is real...and nothing else matters.

AN2: Moving onto the second songfic, this one is post-lawsuit, but YunJae are together, and in a long-distance relationship.

Blue October “Calling You”:

YJ's POV:

There's something that I just can't quite explain. I'm so in love with you, no one can ever take that away, and if I've said it a hundred times before, expect a thousand more.
JJ's POV:
Well expect me to be calling you to see if you're okay when I'm not around. Are you eating okay without me there to cook for you? Then I'll keep asking if you love me even when I'm not there to take care of you, because I love the way you make it sound. I will keep calling you to see if I try too hard to make you smile...to make us smile. I will keep calling you to see if you're sleeping...if you're sleeping, are you dreaming? If you're dreaming, are you dreaming of me?

YJ's POV:
Out of all of the people in the world, I can't believe you actually picked me to give your heart to.
I thought that the world had lost its sway, because it's so hard sometimes to just get through the day. But then I fell in love with you. Then you crashed into my life, and you took that away. It's not so difficult anymore. The world is not so difficult to face when you're by my side. You take away the old, show me the new, and I feel like I can fly when I stand next to you. So while I'm on this phone, a hundred miles from home, I'll take the words you gave me and send them back to you.

JJ's POV:
I only want to see if you're okay when I'm not around. I will keep calling you to see if you're sleeping...if you're sleeping, are you dreaming? If you're dreaming, are you dreaming of me?

AN3: There it is! Leave a comment to tell me what you think about this format of doing several short songfics in one update, with a brief plot explanation at the beginning of each. Should I continue to do this with the shorter songfics I have? Or should I just focus on the longer 500+ word songfics? If I do continue posting short songfics together, should I group them by artist, or should I do what I did this time, and post fluffy songfics together, and angsty songfics separate?

AN4: I'm up to 12 subscribers, and there's 1200+ views on this songfic series...how the heck did that happen? O_o Y'all are awesome. I'd also like to add that the fact that I'm already updating again is surefire proof that comments really do make me update faster...especially if you make a request, whether its more fluff, or if you want me to go back to angst, or if you want me to write a songfic for a specific song...whatever it is, I'll try to make it happen ASAP! Even if the song you request is one I'd already planned on writing a songfic for, it'll automatically move that song to the top of my priority list where YJ songfics are concerned.  So...please? More comments? I know I probably seem like a broken record by now, asking for comments at the end of every update but...they make me really happy...and happy me = more fluffy YunJae songfics. ^_^ Thanks for reading!