(A) Sara Bareilles "Breathe Again"

YunJae Songfics

AN: OMG, I'm SO sorry it's taken me this long to post another songfic! Mianhae! I feel like I do more apologising for the slow updates than I do updating D: Anyway, onto the songfic! I've kept you guys waiting too long as it is.

Sara Bareilles “Breathe Again”:

JJ's POV:

I'm sitting in the car, parked outside the tall apartment building, and my bags are packed into the trunk and backseat...but what kind of heart doesn't look back at the comfortable glow from the porch...the one I will no longer call ours after today?
All those words...all of the whispered 'I love you's and promises to be together forever...they all came undone when I decided to persue freedom...and you decided that your fears for the future overwhelmed your love for me...and now I'm not the only one facing the ghosts that decide if the fire inside our hearts still burns...facing the world that will decide if we can ever be together again.
All I had was you, but I wanted more. I wanted freedom. I just never thought that chasing after freedom...would mean losing you.

YJ's POV:

All I need is for him to be back in my arms again...he's the air I would kill to breathe.
JJ's POV:

He holds my love in his hands, yet still I'm searching for something. I thought freedom was what I needed to be happy. But now I know that what I really needed was to be free...with you. But I'm out of breath from trying to explain it to you...and I'm left hoping that someday I'll breathe again.
I opened my arms to you...offered you freedom...but you didn't understand...and now my secrets...all of the relentless abuse and beatings I took from our managers, but never told you about in a pathetic attempt to protect the rest of you from their fury...now it becomes your truth.
The forced distance between us that was sheltering me when I first left SM...it comes into full view every night when I lie alone in bed. Hanging my head as you break my heart that you built from all of the walls I let you tear apart to let you in...because you promised me forever...and my burden to bear is a love that I can't carry anymore. I can't go back to SM's abuse. It was destroying me, inside and out...it's taken me all this time just to work up some semblance of the self-confidence I once had. It hurts to let you go...to let you suffer...but the beatings only kept getting worse as time went on...and if I'd let it continue, they probably would have killed me by now.
All I have now is my life, but all I need to really live is Yunho...he's the air I would kill to breathe...he holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something.
Out of breath, I am left hoping that someday...I'll breathe again.
It hurts to be here, miles away from you, never able to see you in person, or even ask how you're doing over any other medium. I only wanted love from you...but hurts to be here as I wait for you to come to me. What am I gonna do? All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe. Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something. Out of breath, I am left hoping someday...somehow...I'll breathe again. When we come back into each other's lives...when SME stops keeping us apart...when I'm finally reunited with my other half...I'll breathe again.

AN2: Okay, now I'll attempt to explain why I haven't updated in...how long has it been again? I think I was on spring break last time I updated D:. Mianhaeyo!! The end of the school year is always hectic for me, and every time I got the chance to write, I was too tired, or I had writer's block. I've also been kind of heartbroken because my favorite YouTube couple broke up so...I haven't really felt like writing YunJae stuff. But I saw a YunJae video on Youtube that was set to this song, and it was amazing, so I had to write my own version. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TMpe7CV9Mk If that doesn't work, type 'YunJae Breathe Again' into the Youtube search engine and look for the one posted by mistyreflections. I had nothing to do with the making of the video, but I think it's one of the best fanmade YunJae videos I've ever seen (and trust me when I say that I've seen a lot of them), and it inspired me to write this particular songfic, so you should check it out!

AN3: One last quick question for you guys. I'm thinking of posting these songfics on Wattpad. I'd still post new ones here first, but then I would put them on Wattpad afterwards. The benefit of putting them on Wattpad is that I can link to each of the songs in a way that will let you listen to the song while reading the songfic. I may put them there anyway, because I know that most people who read my songfics don't comment, but I want to see if anyone here would be interested in seeing my songfics on Wattpad. Ok, now I'll shut up, because I think my ANs have almost doubled the length of this update (insert anime sweatdrop). Hope you enjoyed, and thank you for being patient!