Chapter 3

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

(Sung Ji Hae)

The F.B.I.'s found Ji Hae's body. Everyone was shocked. Her parents cried so hard.

As JiHae's best friends, Nana and Chunji went to her funeral. Tears were running down their eyes, their hearts were broken. L. Joe was watching from behind. He's watching Ji Hae's father.

"Just wait... I'm going to kill you." He whispered to himself and his eye slid to Nana. He needs to watch that girl, too. But he's never going to kill her, because he can't.

After the funeral, Chunji comforted Nana while L. Joe followed Ji Hae's father who was leaving alone with his car. 

It was already 8pm when that man arrived to his desired place, his home and the place where Ji Hae was killed.

His wife went to an apartment after Ji Hae's death. Somehow, she doesn't want to be in that house again. Afraid about what happened to Ji Hae might happen to her too. She's right, definitely, since L. Joe is not going to stop them.

Ji Hae's father was watching at his house. L. Joe was behind him, his knife pointed at the old man.

Behind L. Joe was Nana.

She took a step forward, speechless, rarely stunned. "No..." she murmured.

L. Joe looked at her in terror. He hurriedly hid his knife under his coat's pocket.

By the time Ji Hae's father turned around to look at Nana, L. Joe had already gone ... he was so fast and the old man didn't even notice him.

Nana wanted to tell the truth but words won't come out. Instead, she just smiled to her best friend's father. A smile of sadness.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day after the funeral, Nana went to school with Chunji. It's become a habit that they walk heading to school.

"Are you feeling well now?" Chunji asked but Nana said nothing. "Do you want to visit her?"

"No. After class..." she lowered her head. "I'm going home. I want to stay home."

"Oh... okay." Chunji decided to drop down the subject since he didn't want to talk about their loss of friend.

Shortly, they arrived in school and the moment they stepped inside their room, their teacher also arrived.

"Good morning everyone, " the teacher greeted her students.

"Good morning, ma’am." Everyone greeted their teacher.

"As you all heard, we lost one important student..." she said with her eyes tearing up.”Sung Ji Hae was murdered. I was saddened to hear about her passing. I hope and pray that we will have strength, especially to her family... during this time of loss. Let's give our condolences everyone." She bowed her head and wiped a tear from her eyes then she looked at her students again. "So... We have a new student."

Everyone looked at the doctor, waiting for the new student. Nana didn't mind and looked out the window. She heard the door open and close. She heard the young man talked a familiar voice.

"Hello everyone," the new student began, "I'm Lee Byunghun, but call me L. Joe. I'm 17 years old; I studied in Taiwan before I transferred here with my father. It is very nice to be here and meet you all. “He smiled and bowed his head. The teacher motioned to him to sit on empty chair in front of Nana. The chair where Sung Ji Hae usually sits at.

Nana didn't have the slightest idea that it was the same guy who killed her best friend until she stopped looking outside the window and saw the back of L. Joe.

Who's this? Why is he the new guy sitting here? That's supposed to be Sung Ji Hae! She thought. L. Joe smirked because he knew she was staring at him. It is part of his plan anyway, watch the girl, and kill her if she dare says to anyone. Slowly, he turned around and glared at the Nana.

Nana's eyes widened in surprise. She felt like exploding, her heart was trembling. I'm dreaming, she thought.

"Hello..." L. Joe greeted her. "I'm the new guy, call me L. Joe..." he smirked and whispered, "Miss Jang Nana."

After morning class, Nana hurried outside, her heart's still trembling and scared. She hurried on the rooftop, the usual place where she eats her lunch with Chunji and Ji Hae.

"Oh my... Why is that man here? God... I'm scared," she whispered and sniffled.

"Are you okay?" Chunji asked from behind. Nana looked at him and faked a smile.

"Why not? Come, let's eat lunch already." Nana told him.

While eating lunch with Chunji in the rooftop, L.Joe was also there watching from behind, like a ghost. He wasn't eating; he was just staring at Nana, smiling whenever she looks at him. Everyone he stares... Nana always feels uneasy.

"I lost my appetite," Nana said and dropped her spoon on her lunchbox.

Chunji looked at you and then at L. Joe. "Are you feeling uneasy because that guy is staring at you? With those killer eyes?" He asked.

Nana's eyes widened as she looked at Chunji. "Huh?" Nana asked and her voice croaked.

"He's been looking at you even at class..." Chunji gazed at Nana. "Don't mind him."

Nana smiled and takes her bottle of water and drink. L. Joe keeps on glaring at her.

He's scary, she thought. Then she started choking and coughing.

"Oh, Nana-shi... Are you okay?" Chunji asked worriedly and stopped eating. "You should be careful next time."

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she looked at L. Joe again. "Damn, he's so scary."

Chunji pressed his lips together to keep from exploding. "Don't worry. Let me take care of it." He said and went to L. Joe. Nana's mouth dropped and then she followed Chunji.

"Ya! Chunji, stop!" She yelled.

When Chunji was in front of L. Joe, he was very mad. L. Joe gave no expression and tried to ignore him, not when Chunji gave him a punch on his face.

L. Joe glared at him. "You idiot." L. Joe said.

"Stop scaring Nana. Are you her stalker? Why are you staring at her? Can't you give her peace while she's eating?!" Chunji yelled at him.

L. Joe smirked and stood straight in front of L. Joe. "Don't get me wrong. Do you think I like that girl that's why I'm staring at her?" He asked and laughed. "Don't be funny."

"Ya... Chunji-ah. Stop this already." Nana begged Chunji but he wouldn't listen to her.

"You bastard!!!" Chunji balled his fist and throw his fist at L. Joe's face again. L. Joe punched him back.

"Ya! Stop this!!!" Nana shrieked.