Chapter 32

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

When Nana finished preparing to go out with L. Joe, she took one last glance at herself in the mirror. 

"I'm going to be betraying my own family, right?" she asked in a whisper, "but I'm only going out with him. It's just today. Who knows, maybe Appa was lying, or maybe not. Whatever. I'm not going to betray you... Oppa."

She recalled the happy moments she had with her older brother .When she had him carry her while walking by the sea, when he made a sand castle for her, taught her about her class subjects when she doesn't understand any of it. Thinking about him made her remember when that young boy killed him, and she didn't even do anything. She didn't say anything, she didn't look for the murderer, and she never wished L. Joe would be that guy. 

After that, she went out of her hospital room; Chunji and L. Joe were outside waiting for her. 

"Make sure you eat well," Chunji said, "L. Joe must definitely feed you because you didn't have lunch today." 

"Don't worry too much, Chunji-ah." Nana said. 

Then Chunji turned to L. Joe, "don't hurt her, understood?" 

"I promise." L. Joe replied. 

"And Chunji-ah," Nana added, "Please don't tell appa or omma about this. Can you just tell them I went outside to get some air?" 

"I will." He replied with a warm smile. 

After saying goodbye, Nana followed L. Joe. They walked in the street sides, their hands bumping each other. They were silent, not even a word. L. Joe was nervous to talk to her, to look at her when he's blushing so badly. 

Nana cleared and finally L. Joe had the courage to say something. 

"Since our hands are always bumping each other," he said softly and held Nana's hand as they walked. Nana widened her eyes, her heart fluttered uncontrollably. "Why don't we just hold hands?" He asked and half-smiled. His heart beating like that for the first time. 

Nana didn't say anything. She just blushed, thought to herself not to be affected but she is. 

"Your hands are so soft," L. Joe said. 

"We-well," Nana stuttered, "not really! Maybe you're just saying that because---because... You're hands are too rough." 

He burst out laughing, girls that passed by looked at the two of them. Some called them 'lovers' and envied Nana.

"Aish, seriously, where the hell are we going?!" Nana asked, annoyed.

"You want to eat right? Let's eat first!" He said and the two of them stopped by a restaurant. "Will this place be okay?" he asked.

"As long as you pay the price," Nana replied and rolled her eyes.

"Of course. That is why I brought you out today." He said and then went inside the restaurant with Nana. Nana ordered her desired food while L. Joe watched her eat whatever she wants.

After eating, L. Joe brought her to the mall. They went to the "Arcade Kingdom" then bought some tokens to start playing.

They heard a music playing "I don't care by 2NE1" and realized it was the dance pad.

"Hey let's play that game," L. Joe suggested.

"I don't dance, you dance alone." Nana said.

"You're such a KJ," L. Joe pouted, "Let's make a deal. A showdown. If I get the highest score after I danced, you'll do anything I tell you until the end of the day. If you got the lowest score, I'll do whatever you tell me to do. Deal?"

"What? No way!" She hissed, "I would never kiss you in the lips! It's not like we're in a relationship!"

"If you won't accept this deal, then I will kiss you!"

"What? No no no no WAY!"

"YES WAY!" He leaned closer to her, touching her chin with his hands and moving her closer and closer until their lips are only inches apart. "Deal or no deal?" he asked again, "come on, I'm waiting for your answer. If not, don't worry I will just kiss you and everything will be back to normal."

"You ert," she whispered.

"What? I am a what?"

"ert!!!" she swiftly kicked his stomach and he groaned.

"Ow! Ya!" he stepped backward.

"Fine. Let's do it. I'll dance and I'll definitely win!" She went on the dance pad and started to dance. L. Joe watched her perform so gracefully, listening to the music "I don't care by 2NE1". It amazed him, stunned him while watching her movement so perfect. Her eyes locked on him while dancing, L. Joe wished he could dance with her in the platform.

After the music finished, she also finished her dance.

She turned around to see how much score she got while L. Joe just stared at her.

At 98%, the screen stopped and said "Congratulations!"

Nana jumped with joy, she stuck out her tongue at L. Joe. "I got a 98!" she cheered.

"That's a lie," he said, "you danced really well, it should be 100%!"

"Oh shut up, just go dance already! Let's see who wins this!" She said and pushed L. Joe into the platform. The music played was "Mr. Simple by Super Junior".

L. Joe stood there, waited for the beat and finally danced. Nana watched him with amazement. His light on his feet and ever so suave, so delicate and so precise when he danced on the dance floor. He even lip-sync the song played.

"Wow," Nana whispered. Amazed. Her heart fluttered again. "Don't flutter, Jang Nana," she whispered again, so soft, so low, no one heard it except her, "stop dancing so suave already, Lee Byunghun."

After L. Joe danced, both of them waited for the score.

He got only 95%.

"What? I only got 95%?!" L. Joe asked, couldn't believe the score he got. "But I did really well!"

Nana clenched her eyes shut, wishing to forget what she found out about her Oppa's death. She then clenched her chest and opened her eyes, "you lost, and I win."

L. Joe turned to face her and smiled. "What do you want me to do?" he asked.

"Will you really do anything I tell you?" she asked to make sure.

"Yes, I will do anything." he assured her.

"Whatever it is?" she asked again.

"Whatever it is, Nana-shi." He replied.