Chapter 7

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

 

Chunji had left the Carnival the moment he saw Nana and L. Joe together. They both didn't know Chunji saw them.

"Why did you want to meet here?" Nana asked L. Joe and is secretly annoyed.

"Nothing. I just want to be entertained." L. Joe replied.

"What? I'm not your entertainer. I'm not an even an entertainer." Nana pouted.

"Let's ride the bump cars, I heard that it's really fun," L. Joe suggested.

"Heard? Haven't you tried it?"

"It's my first time to be here.”

"Wow. You're such a loner."

"Well, you're going to have fun with me tonight right?"

"Why? Why would I have fun with a killer?"

"Because I will kill you if you don't."

That make sense, Nana thought. She smiled and held L. Joe's hand, making him a bit stunned. "Well then, let's ride the bump cars, Ferris wheel, watch the Ghost town, try the gun game, those are my favorites. Let's go."

Nana was still holding L. Joe's hand when they played the bum cars. It was a miracle that L. Joe was very happy while with Nana. When they tried the Ferris wheel, they even talked on top while watching the stars. L. Joe wasn't scared in the Ghost Town, but Nana was screaming while burying her face on L. Joe's chest. After that, they shoot gun and L. Joe was an expert on it. No doubt he's a killer.

L. Joe won a prize after shooting everything. He gave the Teddy Bear price to Nana and Nana accepted it gratefully.

For that one night, they looked like they were really close.

Meanwhile, in L. Joe's home, his father Tae Suk had gathered L. Joe's friends who are also killers. Niel, C.A.P., Ricky and Changjo but L. Joe's closest friend would be Niel. They had been friends ever since they were young kids. At that time, they were ordinary pupils who don’t even know killing, but time change, and people change. They all changed into killers.

"I have a mission, but only one of you must take it." Tae Suk began while tapping his table.

"I will." C.A.P. volunteered.

"No. I will choose." Tae Suk demanded. "Only me. So, keep quiet."

C.A.P. sighed and looked at the others, he wanted the mission so badly but he had no choice.

"I'll tell you what mission it is first." Tae Suk began again. "Kill L. Joe."

Their eyes widened by what Tae Suk had ordered.

"What?! No way!" Niel protested.

"He's our friend!" Changjo added.

"And your son!" Ricky added too.

C.A.P. raised his head and glared at Tae Suk. "Why?"

"Because he won't listen to me... I told him to kill that girl but he won't. So I want him gone because he's not following my instructions." Taesuk said and looked up at Niel. "You," he said in a low voice, "Niel, I want you to kill L. Joe.”

Niel's face fell. He wouldn't kill his own best friend; L. Joe is also like a brother to him. Niel kept on protesting but he failed to convince Tae Suk not to kill L. Joe.

"Kill ... L. Joe. Now." Tae Suk repeated in a husky voice.