Chapter 8

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

 

 

The next morning for school, Chunji didn't pay any attention to Nana. Nana was getting worried, wondering what she had done wrong except not coming to hang out with him last night.

Nana was distracted with Chunji's strange acts, she kept on looking at him and the teacher caught her.

"Jang Nana-shi!" The teacher called her.

Nana was startled and quickly stood up. "Yes Ma’am?"

"Since you're not listening to my classes, go out of my room and sit on the air outside." The teacher ordered her, Nana wanted Chunji to protect her but he wasn’t even looking at her. Nana bowed her head to the teacher and apologized.

"I'm really sorry Ma'am." She said.

"OUT. Now." The teacher muttered.

Nana nodded and went out of the room. She stayed outside and sits on the air while raising her hands on the air.

L. Joe went out of the room at the same time and forced Nana to sit down the floor. Nana was just surprised when L. Joe sat beside her.

"What are you doing here?" Nana asked.

"It's not as if she'll see us outside, not following her instructions, so you don't really need to listen to her stupid orders," L. Joe blurted out. "Besides, you did nothing wrong."

Nana looked pissed off and once again, asked L. Joe the same question. "What are YOU doing here?"

"I told her that if you go, then I go too. If you're punished, I should be too." L. Joe said and met Nana's gaze. Nana blushed and looked away then hugged her knees.

"Why?" Nana asked.

"What do you mean by that? Of course it's because I have to keep watching you, I'm afraid that if I don't see you, you might tell your friends what I had done, which I always do and no one can stop me."

"Tch, stupid person." Nana rolled her eyes. L. Joe took out a biscuit from his pocket and ripped open it then handed one biscuit to Nana.

"Here, eat this." He said.

"Are you planning on killing me?" Nana asked.

"There's no poison. Trust me." L. Joe said and smiled at Nana, making Nana blush again. She rolled her eyes and took the biscuit from L. Joe and ate it all at the same time.

"I never thought you've got big mouth," L. Joe laughed and Nana shoved him. They both shared a laugh.

After class, Nana followed Chunji outside, L. Joe following her on the other hand. It was cloudy outside and Nana ran to Chunji to ask him what's wrong.

"Chunji-ah!" She called and held Chunji's arm. Chunji glared at her. "What's wrong? What did I do? Why are you acting like this to me?" Nana asked.

"Why don't you ask yourself? I'm not blind, Nana-shi." He replied and get inside the bus then the bus drove away. Nana stayed on her spot. Chunji watched her from the bus and noticed that L. Joe was behind her. He got angry and stopped watching her. His balled his fist and bit his lips, wondering what relationship Nana and L. Joe have.

Nana cried softly and then it started to rain. L. Joe turned around and ran back inside the school and took an umbrella, but not his own. He looked around to see if someone's looking for it since it was left in the bleachers. He thought maybe he could borrow it for a while and then went back behind Nana to share the umbrella with her.

Nana was surprise when the rain stopped, she looked up and noticed the umbrella above her, and she turned around and saw L. Joe.

"Let's go, I'll take you home," L. Joe said and smiled at her. L. Joe wanted to take back what he had just said but part of his mind was saying that he should because he wants to. He wants to be with Nana because of the different feeling he has for her.

They walked while L. Joe was still holding up the umbrella over them, the rain became bigger and the silent disappeared when Nana looked at him and smiled.

"What?" L. Joe asked.

"Nothing." Nana replied, still smiling. "I'm just so happy that you're being like this."

"Like what?"

"Sharing an umbrella with an eye-witness? I mean, killers don't usually do that."

"I'm doing this so that I won't take my eyes off of you. You know why I shouldn't right?"

"Whatever." Nana giggled and looked away from him. "Just tell me, why did you kill her?"

"It was an order." L. Joe replied.

"By who?"

"You don't need to know. If you ever try finding out, you'll be dead."

While having a nice conversation, Niel was up a building. He was in prone position, holding a sniper in side arms, watching his best friend and the girl who's at fault about everything.  He was waiting for a clear shot for his target. That would be his best friend, L. Joe.

"Take him down," C.A.P. whispered to him behind, his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes were serious.

~~~

"Wait," L. Joe said in a low voice and stopped walking. Nana also stopped walking and faced him.

"What is it?" Nana asked.

"I sense someone watching." L. Joe looked around and then up the building.

He saw Niel and his eyes widened.

"Niel?" He muttered to himself.