Chapter 4

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 


Nana decided to call for help because she couldn't stop the boys from fighting. Some of her classmates stopped L. Joe and Chunji, their faces are full with bruises now. The principal also scolded them while Nana waited outside the office. Once they came out, Nana held Chunji's arm and left with him quickly. 

Nana brought him to the clinic and put bandages on Chunji's bruises. 

"If he dares make a move on you, you must reject him okay?" Chunji said. 

"It's not like that." Nana said and finished putting on the bandage and sat beside Chunji with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't like that kind of guy for you. You should find a guy that is like me. Like your light and shining armor!" Chunji exclaimed and Nana chuckled silently. 

Nana looked at Chunji and he looked back. 

"What?" Chunji asked. "Am I wrong?" 

She poked his forehead and went over to the exit door and takes a glance at Chunji before her leave. "I'm going. You stay here." 

"Hey, how about your birthday? What are we going to do today?" He asked and stood up. 

"I invited some of my friends and of course you will me there even if you have bruises." Nana answered and left the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dismissal time and Nana was waiting for Chunji outside the school. She was so happy to see him when he came out and walked towards her.

"Hey," Nana said. "Let's go." 

"I'm really sorry, but I can't go." Chunji said sadly.

"What? But why?" 

"My mother called and said father's in the hospital right now." 

"What? Why? Let's go together."

"No. It's your birthday. You shouldn't see someone sad. You should enjoy your birthday with your friends." 

"But your my best friend, I won't let you go alone." 

"Its family matters. And... I'm not so close with my father, we usually fight so I don't think it would be good if he sees me with my best friend. Don't worry, I'll treat you anything you want tomorrow. I promise. And I have a gift for you, but I'll  give it to you tomorrow. Is that okay?" He smiled and tapped Nana's shoulder. "I'm going now."  He walked away and waited for the bus. Before he stepped inside the bus, he waved goodbye to Nana first. 

Nana sighed and walked. L. Joe was secretly following her. 

It was already 6 P.M. and her friends were waiting for her outside a Restaurant Bar. She was walking slowly because she was not sure how to face them without Chunji. But she had to, since she invited them because she didn't have her parents around. 

Finally, her friends saw her. 3 couples were there, her friends. 

"There you are," a tall girl said and pointed at Nana who was heading towards them. "Why are you so late? It's your happy birthday." 

Nana smiled and lowered her eyes. 

"Happy Birthday anyway," the tall girl added. The other 2 girls also greeted her as well as their lovers. 

"But... Your Boyfriend?" the girl with short hair asked. She was actually pointing at L. Joe who was behind Nana but Nana didn't know he was there all along. 

"No. I don't have a boyfriend. I was supposed to bring a friend, but he couldn't come." Nana said and felt embarrassed. 

"What do you mean? Who's that guy?" The girl with short hair asked and pointed at L. Joe again. "Mr. Handsome." 

Nana turned around and was surprised when she saw L. Joe. L. Joe met her gaze and gave her a charming smile. Nana was speechless.

"I'm her boyfriend," L. Joe told Nana's friends. 

"What?" Nana asked in a whisper. L. Joe just smiled and put his arms around Nana then he whispered to her softly , "If you don't want to get killed then keep quiet." 

Nana decided to listen to him because she was too scared. Her friends thought they were really dating. 

"Wow, you got a really cute boyfriend, Nana-shi." The tall girl said. Nana faked a smile and nodded her head. 

After the talk, they came inside the Restaurant Bar and her friends ordered Soju for each one of them. 

"Let's have a toast," the other girl said and raised her Soju bottle. Nana took her bottle of Soju but L. Joe grabbed her hand and glared at her. 

"You're not drinking," L. Joe said. 

"What? No, I drink." Nana said.

"I am ordering you," he whispered. Nana's friends saw them and they giggled on how sweet they were. After that they began singing a Happy Birthday song for Nana, L. Joe sung with them but he was not sincere. 

"Wow, you two are so sweet..." the girl said with a giggle. 

Nana smiled at them and then L. Joe let go of her hand. He grabbed Nana's Soju and opened it then toasted with Nana's friends. 

Nana was never able to drink  Soju but she ordered her juice so that she has something to drink. L. Joe on the other hand had drank so much Soju, 10 of them. He was drunk and becoming dizzy, he was out of his mind, holding Nana's hand tightly. Nana tried to get away from him but it caused her juice to get spilled on her shirt. L. Joe started a conversation with her, with all Nana's friends staring at them in disbelief, thinking of how cool Nana's boyfriend is. 

"Why are you spending your birthday here? Why not with your parents?" L. Joe had asked. 

"They're not here..." Nana answered and looked at her friends and then at L. Joe. “They’re in the States." 

"Cool. So that's why. We're so alike." L. Joe said in a way drunkards talk. 

Nana didn't say anything and just sighed. Suddenly, L. Joe stood up and began pointing one by one at Nana's friends. 

"I WILL KILL YOU ALL!" L. Joe shouted out loud making everyone surprised and confused.

"Ya! You! Lee ByungHun!" Nana held L. Joe's shirt and forced him to sit down but he won't. 

"I, L. JOE, WILL KILL YOU ALL! I KILLED JI HAE-AH! I KILLED THIS GIRL'S BEST FRIEND!" He pointed at Nana. Everyone was tense now. Nana's friends couldn't believe what he was saying. "AND THE NEXT VICTIM IS...THE NEXT VICTIM IS!" He shouted out loud.