two

Crossroad

Rooms usually reek of the scent of the masked humans. Gossip bounced from wall to wall to which even the guys participated in. I retched internally as a couple exhibiting their infinite want for each other entered my line of view.

In my school, especially in my room, I’m the only person who is average hence why they call me weird. I’m weird because I’m average. And as I sat down at the very back of the room, I began to recall why I preferred my own company in the first place:  because it’s always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter.

I’d get nowhere if I tried to mould myself as part of these people.

Scoffing, I shook my head and tossed my bag underneath my desk. Right now, my issues did not involve sorting out my characteristics for those who don’t hold any importance. Rather, it consists of combining two soulful arts together to make a masterpiece: I needed to come up with something good enough for the Extravaganza.

I crossed my arms atop the desk and laid my head against my forearm, frowning I stared at the buildings outside as they competed height-wise.

As always Krystal and Taemin would partner up and this year, as I remember, Sehun told me he was going elsewhere during the Extravaganza; thus I’m left with no-one to partner up. Closing my eyes, I sighed exasperatedly. I don’t know what to do. I’ve always performed in a pair.

I lifted my head up upon the sudden silence of the room, which indicated the arrival of the teacher in charge for the first lesson. In this case, Coach Lee entered the room.

I stood up along with everyone and sat down afterwards. Coach Lee was never really the one to go around the class to check for the rate of how prim we presented ourselves; he was laid-back and perhaps it was because he often worked with our age-group.

“Alright guys,” Coach Lee boomed in his usual prep-talk tone, “and ladies.” He added. “Today we have a college student coming in to encourage you lot to enter, well, college.”

‘Ooh’s and ‘Ah’s coursed from the whole class, excluding me, of course. I showed my interest through paying attention instead.

So, after finishing the class registration, Coach Lee stepped outside momentarily to welcome the speaker. Murmurs arose, mostly originating from girls who were keen on seeing the college speaker as it was previously announced that it was a boy.

Internally, I shook my head. Mysterious guys are always a hit. The funny thing is, the moment they’re not so mysterious anymore, for example: the girl gets to know his genuinely boyish side that does not care, the girls run. So, mysterious guys are a hit and run kind of thing, I suppose.

I tilted my eyes to look down to check my phone in the small duration Coach Lee was gone to fetch the speaker. Krystal had texted me, but I was only able to see a few words due to the notification limitation – ‘You better watch out. You better not shout. You better not cry, I’m telling you why…Kim Jong-in is coming to town.’

I couldn’t help but crack a smile at the text. It intrigues me how Krystal knows his name. Was he somehow campus famous? It’d be reasonable if she knew him through her friends, who frequented the college alongside her to see Taemin and his friends. Maybe Kim Jong-in’s a heartthrob, that's understandable considering he is, admittedly, good looking; even I think so.

I don’t know and truthfully, I don’t really care. He’s just a crush.

That kid. I held back a chuckle and looked up. Coach Lee was just beginning to shuffle back to his seat, so I hid my phone and tethered my eyes to the front.

I knew after catching a few gasps- ‘Oh , he’s fit.’- from the front that the speaker was good-looking. But I knew better. These girls had low standards and I bet you, the guy – based on the ‘he’ – is probably closely structured to the current idols, typically.

But he wasn’t.

And to say I was shocked was an understatement.

Kim Jong-in came strolling in with confident strides. As his head slowly pivoted, my eyes widened. He caught me red-handed yet again. But this time, I couldn’t stop staring and our views panned each other. His gaze was simply undefinable and his posture was of a dominant, successful leader.

Evidently, I wasn’t the only one star-struck as almost half the female population of the room was silenced while the other half uttered breathless ‘Oh my god’s.

There he stood in his day-to-day outfit that consisted of: a pair of dark black jeans that reached the curve of his black and white plimsolls and a shirt of some sort. However, the only difference was, his back-pack and military green parka coat was missing, he had no ear-phones to block out the world, and his red scarf was not wrapped around his neck.

Seeing him up close, Kim Jong-in appeared to be taller and more masculine over the simple appearance I had assumed he had based on my day-to-day viewing. He is approximately two heads above Coach Lee’s height; thus he must be at least 5’9 or over. And as opposed to the indifference I frequently see him sport, he smiled.

At first, it was only a ghost of a smile, and then it spread out further into a smirk: such an attractive boyish trait that screamed mystery. He’s a hit. Even for me.

Clearing his throat, his plump lips parted and his eyes finally released my gape. I exhaled and only then did I realise that I had held my breath.

Despite the huge contrast of characteristic traits me and the other girls had, there were some similarities. One of them being: I was attracted to attractive guys, except my standards are high.

And Kim Jong-in was high enough.

“Today, I’ll be talking about why you should go to Seoul Institute of the Arts.” His voice was unexpectedly deep, mature and he didn’t need to raise his voice any higher than the normal decibel because he was charismatic: he had everyone’s attention, including the males.

“Presently, our school hosts an estimated amount of two-thousand, four hundred students per departments.” He began. “Some attendees are famous such as Eunhyuk of Super Junior, and the likes.”

My interest was piqued, but it would be a lie to say that my attention was held by his speech- no, of course not. Rather, I was so focused on listening to his body language over his words.

The way he waved his slim fingers about with so much fluidity gave it away that he specialised under the same category as Taemin (and perhaps that’s how Krystal knew about him). I was intrigued at his posture; it was slacked yet it wasn’t shabby.

The similarities between him and Taemin calculated to a lot and it wouldn’t surprise me if he was the rival Taemin had always been challenged by- the one Taemin always complained of. His looks were enough to challenge Taemin's and he gave off the aura that whatever he did, he was very skilled at it. Otherwise, why would he be chosen to represent his school if he wasn't that influential. 

His strides were as graceful as I had observed it to be during the times I see him; it showcased his lengthy limbs that were neither too slim nor too thick. And as he strode, he occasionally lifted his arm to rake his fingers through his hair.

This man held such divine grace that I found myself relishing in his view. I was day-dreaming like a girl, but at that time I could care less. I am a girl anyway.

I was so caught up in my own bubble that Coach Lee’s voice was not able to penetrate through it until he raised his voice.

“Miss Jung Jin-Yeong!”

Startled, I blinked to the present and awkwardly cleared my throat. I sat up straight and raised both brows in question. “Yes, sir?”

My eyes travelled from Coach Lee to Kim Jong-in and his grin was justly handsome. I warmed at the sight of him amusedly simpering at me.

“She’s the one entering SIA next year.” Coach Lee tells Kim Jong-in who only continues to smile.

“When you enter SIA you’ll need to pay more attention than what you’ve shown today.” He speaks directly to me and I was dumbfounded.

He caught me, again.

I ignore the sniggers that spread around the room. I could care less about the others, but he caught me staring at him and that’s what reddened me.

“Well, study well guys.” Kim Jong-in smiled, his lips parted and it flashed his perfectly aligned teeth as well as his crescent eyes.

“And you,” He stared right at me. “Pay attention in class.”

 

 



 

Thank you so so so much for subscribing you guys and the upvotes!

And was it a dissapointment that the OC and Kai's first interraction happened to be in school? 

Idk. I didn't want to go for the clichéd coincidences so ummm I pulled this scenario out.  And in response to those who commented, I don't know how these two will meet either (as in, properly interract- not just a monologue). I have yet to decide what kind of situation I'll put them both into that'll connect them. Hehe. :-)

Anywho, have fun with the rest of your day/night - if it is night then omg go to sleep. water u doin not sleepin omg. jk.

Until next time! 

PS. am I the only one currently obssessing over Leonardo Di'Caprio? I mean-