five

Crossroad

 

“Yeong-ah, isn’t that the Jong-in guy you’ve been in love with since forever?”

Blood rushed up to my cheeks, colouring my cheeks with an attention seeking red. My eyes glanced at the two individuals who have recently entered the room, my gaze particularly lingering on what it deems attractive- Kim Jong-In.

He was here. And, well, so was his friend.

A snigger emitting from my very left interrupted my reverie and reminded me of my current situation. Embarrassed, I tilted my head to the side in hopes wisps of my hair would cover my face as my eyes grazed a glare toward Sehun, then the floor.

“Ah, yeah,” Taemin chuckled, patting Jong-In’s back, “our Jonginnie is a bit of a heartthrob.”

I didn’t have to look to see the way Taemin’s mouth curved into a cheesy smile and Krystal’s teasing smile because I practically heard it. Taemin had that annoying tone and Krystal- well- she sniggered and that was a huge give-away to her thoughts.

And Sehun, dear god, Sehun. I narrowed my eyes at him as he raised a knuckle to his lips in order to bite back a laugh threatening to be voiced out.

From the near corner, I could make out a murmur from one of the members- “So she is attracted to guys”- that was responded to with a nudge signalling the murmurer to be more considerate of my situation. This damned situation.

Taemin must have noticed the awkward tension building up by now, it didn’t require much effort to do so after all.

Clearing his throat, he raises voice after clapping his hand together once. “Okay guys, one minute water break!” And thankfully, everyone dispersed.

Whilst people moved on to their friendship groups in every possible corner aside from the middle, Sehun brought an arm around my shoulder. He used my confusion as an opportunity to tease me, as friends do; thus with a very smack worthy smile he grinned towards me and mocked kissy faces.

“Looks like fate isn’t such an old geezer after all,” Sehun nodded towards the direction of Jong-in and his friend, and I couldn’t help but look. “It’s chasing after you.”

I rolled my eyes and lightly elbowed Sehun by the ribs, not caring whether he would be in pain or not. “You’re such a .” And with that, I walked off to grab my drink by the far corner where I left my bag.

But Sehun wasn’t left stranded for very long as he was immediately called over by Taemin, probably for the sake of doing some induction arrangements.

Through the mirrors I caught Jong-in’s gaze tethered one me, call me delusional. Perhaps I reddened even more. I’m not sure as I didn’t dare look at myself. Nope.

“Oh, the perks of being single.” Krystal hooked an arm around me, immediately regretting it because of my perspiration. With a scrunched face, she attempted to swat my sweat off her arm. “Don’t you mind that he’s here and you’re this unattractive?”

I rolled my eyes and squatted down to grab my drink as well as my towel to drape over my neck. Screwing the bottle’s cap off, I drank a large fraction of the water before responding.

“Don’t you mind that you have a boyfriend and you have bad breath?”

Krystal’s flinch didn’t go unnoticed, as well as the sudden curving of her lips to form a smirk. I arched a brow, questioning her sudden change of expression, but my unsaid question was answered as Krystal crossed her arms and cleared . She looked down to hide her amusement, and to my horror Taemin neared us alongside Sehun, Jong-in and his friend.

“This is Krystal,” Taemin wrapped an arm around Krystal, bringing her closer towards her- a loving gesture that brought out a crimson shade in Krystal’s cheeks and neck. “She’s my co-instructor’s sister and my girlfriend.”

All the while Sehun stalked closer to me, scooting down to my level to further tease me, being the prick he is.

“And this,” Sehun proclaimed, imitating Taemin’s actions on Krystal to me; thus causing me to stumble towards him, “this is Jung Jin-yeong, or Yeong-ah as we call her. Blood type O, but she’s more type B in all honesty. Oh, and she’s rich as fu-“

“!” Sehun cussed aloud as I reached out to pinch his torso- a weakness I discovered long ago. And before a small argument between us two could begin, Taemin raised his voice a tad louder than usual.

“And these are,” He smiled widely, “Jong-in and Minseok. I don’t know their blood-types, but they’re nice people.”

I looked at each boy that was presented, not that I had to look at Jong-in to know who he is. Minseok was dressed decently, I suppose. He wasn’t the type to clash with Jong-in’s features, in fact they complement each other. He’s good-looking, but maybe it’s due to my biased opinion towards Jong-in that I don’t find him as attractive.

“They want to try out a class and they’re still not sure what time they’ll be attending. So, just in case you’re the one in charge when they come in, you know their names.” Taemin grinned far too widely. He was teasing me just as much as the younger two.

With nothing to retort, I tightly smiled at Taemin. “Sure. Thanks.”

And I’m not sure whether I sounded too cold or ignorant, but either way I regretted that smile. I probably looked extra unattractive, in the words of my little sister.

I remained silent throughout the rest of their conversation, only picking up bits of their dialogues as I drowned in self-consciousness and embarrassment. I don’t see why my relatives are often surprised when I tell them I’m single when the answer is clear: I’m not the modern day princess. I’m not exactly the go-to when guys are in need for a prime girlfriend.

“The closest to ballet that a member can perform is contemporary, and that would be Yeong-ah’s fortè.”  

Sehun pulled me back to the present through a nudge. I directed a grunt at him followed by a glare shortly after. “I’m not as good as they say.” I murmured whilst in the midst of standing up.

I really wasn’t. I grew up exposed to all dancing styles and never really found the passion to practice one specifically, but I suppose I largely concentrated on contemporary at one point. Anyway, the point is, contemporary isn’t my forte as I’m not wholly developed on it in comparison to other dances.

Rubbing the towel hanging on neck against my nape, I cleared my throat; I’m both unsure of what else to say and in the middle of avoiding eye contact.

“I can always teach her, I suppose.” Jong-in retorts with a smile plastered on his lips.

“She’d like that.”  

 


I apologise for the huge delay in updating, I was thoroughly busy! and damn, I like how the comments are continuously compiling. Keep going, you guys! Comments drive me to update in all honesty. 

Thank you to the many who has complimented my writing style! I was never really confident with it (I'm still not), but I'm slowly gaining positivity towards it. 

Thank you to the many who has subscribed and upvoted- I appreciate the love, you guys. 

I'll be updating as normal from now on, so I hope you guys continue to support me! 

Thank you! ♡