Chapter 3

The Sound Of Love (Sequel to Unspoken Love)

Luhan came home early that night, he saw a mess in the kitchen, a sign that Mei-Xing attempted to cook again. Mei-Xing had fallen into a depression, a month ago she was sent a contract. Mei-Xing barely ever smiled anymore and Luhan felt like crying when he heard her crying in the night. Luhan opened the bedroom door and saw Mei-Xing curled up in bed. Luhan sat on the edge, “Hey, I brought a surprise.”

Mei-Xing didn’t even look at him, Luhan pulled out a bottle of wine and a to-go box of steaming food, “Let’s eat together, okay? Come on, I came home early just for you.”

Mei-Xing shook her head, “I’m not hungry.”

Luhan sighed, “You haven’t eaten in days. You’re growing thinner every day. I’m so worried about you!”

Mei-Xing signed weakly, “Sometimes I wish I could just disappear.”

Luhan grabbed her wrist and said aloud, “Mei-Xing don’t you ever say that again! Don’t you see that I’m worried to death about you? You’re getting weaker every day, you never smile, and you cry yourself to sleep…I can’t make you happy!”

Mei-Xing was crying now, “Luhan…you don’t deserve this. You deserve a better woman.”

Luhan pulled Mei-Xing into a hug, “I love you, and only you!”

Mei-Xing hugged him and signed, “I love you…I’m sorry.”

“Please eat, for me.”

Mei-Xing nodded and let Luhan feed her, Luhan quietly said, “Listen, you’ve been so depressed lately. I’ve been worried to death, I feel like a terrible husband for not doing something.”

Mei-Xing shook her head and signed, “No, you’re a wonderful husband,”

Luhan cut her off, “No, I need to support your dreams. I haven’t.”

“What?”

Luhan set the food down, “Not anymore, I want to be a good husband. One that you will look to for guidance when you’re lost, and will lean on my shoulder when you’re sad. I feel like a part of me has died when I see you cry. You asked me what the sound of love is, love has many sounds, but do you really want to hear it? I don’t want to hear it, I want to feel it.”

Mei-Xing nodded and Luhan continued, “I know you’ve been lonely, and upset while I’ve been gone. Thank you for you patience, and I’m so sorry.”

Mei-Xing gently placed her hand on Luhan’s cheek and kissed him, Luhan smiled and then said, “Close your eyes.”

Mei-Xing did as she was told and Luhan held her hands open, “Don’t open your eyes until I say so okay?”

Mei-Xing nodded and felt something be laid in her hand. Luhan whispered, “Open your eyes.”

Mei-Xing saw and envelope and Luhan smiled kindly, “You can call it an early anniversary gift.”

Mei-Xing smiled sincerely for the first time in a while, she slowly opened the letter and her heart sank. Luhan watched her smile disappear, “I thought you’d be happier.”

Mei-Xing set the letter on the bed, “What is this?”

Luhan gently picked it up and read it, “Lu Mei-Xing, we are honored to sign you to StarDust Entertainment. It sounds like your contract.”

Mei-Xing looked down, “What is this Luhan?”

“I sent in your confirmation, you are signed under StarDust Entertainment. That scout is now your manager and wants to even let you debut solo!”

Mei-Xing bit her lower lip, “Why are you doing this to me? I can’t debut!”

Luhan put a hand on Mei-Xing’s, “Read this first.”

Luhan handed her another envelope and Mei-Xing opened it trying to wipe tears as she ripped the letter open. Mei-Xing looked up, “What’s this!?”

Luhan smiled and explained, “I’m sorry you’ve had to eat alone so much lately. I worked late to get extra hours in, and then received a promotion. All of it for you. It took a me a few months, but you are scheduled for vocal repair surgery in two weeks. You’ll have to work hard to re-train your voice, but I know you can do it. You manager said take as much time as you need to recover, but as soon as you’re well I’m to take you straight to your first practice.”

Mei-Xing blinked in shock, “You’re kidding me.”

“No, I’m serious….ly in love with you.”

Mei-Xing laughed at Luhan and hugged him tightly.