〈 teaser #1 〉

〈 cardinal - robin entertainment's first boy group 〉 apply closed.
 

teaser one

april 2014 - say you say me

Jiseul was used to Jason bursting in to the studio at random times with idea - most of them got shot down by Marina immediately ("We need money to do that, Jason," was her usual response). That day, however, he stumbled in with a notebook and furiously poked Jiseul. "I need you for something," he informed her, eyebrows raised.

 

Jiseul thought he looked a bit like a puppy. "I don't want to deb -"

 

"No, no, it's not that. Something else. Swing by my apartment later, alright?"

 

Jiseul turned to Marina, who was looking over paperwork. "Don't do anything naughty and don't try to make Jiseul debut," she said, without looking up once.

 

"Alright, alright. Oh, yeah! And I passed by this photo studio that's having a deal on pictures, and I was thinking, for the boy band -"

 

"Money, Jason."

 

"Right." Jason sighed and went to lay down on the couch - though he thoroughly planned on finding more things later, whether Marina liked them or not. 


"So you know how I'm the musical genius and you write the words?" Jason asked Jiseul as soon as he opened the door to let her in. 

 

"Hello to you too," replied Jiseul with a pout. She slipped into the apartment (which she knew well - late night songwriting sessions could go long, and Jiseul usually got hungry again a few seconds after swallowing her food) walked to the kitchenette to find some food. "And yes, I do. Because you can't speak Korean."

 

"Oi, my Korean is awesome!" Jason argued with a sigh. He plopped down on his couch (the springs made a noise signaling that further abuse would result in a lack of couch) and shook his head. "But that's not the point. I wrote lyrics and I need your advice."

 

Jiseul turned around and looked at Jason. "Am I hearing you correctly? Lyrics? You?"

 

"I had an idea," replied Jason. He rushed off to his room briefly and returned with a notebook, which he opened to a page titled Say U Say Me. 

 

"Is that English?" asked Jiseul with a frown. "And I'm still really weirded out by the songwriting thing, so like -"

 

"Just read the words, okay?" Jason shouted with a frown. Jiseul stuck her tongue out at him and shook her head - though she did bury her nose in the notebook anyway.

 

When you opened the door and came in, I was shocked
I doubted my eyes

I can't believe it, a great happening

That kid was you (I can't believe it)

Now you became a woman

 

Jason was looking over at Jiseul expectantly; when she was writing music, she changed from an 11-year-old in a 23-year-old's body into a 23-year-old properly placed. "So? Do you like it? Is t good? Because, I mean, you're the lyrics one."

 

"It's about Marina, right?"

 

Jason blinked twice. "I - what?"

 

"The song. About Marina. Yeah?" 

 

"Of course not!" Jason yelled, frowning. "I - I just had this idea. If I wanted to write a song about Marina, I'd time-travel and write 'Man-Eater'."

 

Jiseul shook her head. "Come on. It's all about a girl that the narrator hasn't seen in a while and now she's super hot. And haven't you known her since the Paleozoic Era?"

 

"I'm 27, not... that  old."

 

Jiseul sighed. "You'll have to own up to your feelings eventually -"

 

"I already know I can hardly stand her. It's always been that way."

 

"But Jason, you're in looove with her." Jiseul grinned wickedly. "You probably dream about getting married to her every day and stuff."

 

"Not in a million years." Jason sighed and turned to look Jiseul straight on. "When you're older, you'll understand that it's entirely possible for a man and a woman just to be friends."

 

"And when you begin to stop being stupid, you'll see that everyone can see it. The belligerent card has been beaten into the ground, you know. Might as well start dating."

 

Jason blinked twice. "I don't know what you're talking about. And even if it was about Rina, which it's not, I wouldn't share it with anyone else. I mean, I'm not stupid."

 

"Yeah, you are. D-U-M-B."

 

"Shut up."

 

"But anyways...even if it's not about Marina, it's probably worth it to show it to her. I mean, I think it's great. Whoever it's about is pretty darn lucky, so the fangirls she talks about will prolly eat it right up!" 

 

Jason grinned. "Finally, you talk sense. Now you wanna work on a melody?"

 

"Do you have to ask?"

 

 

authors note

What is this, honestly?

 

So the staff is another story all together, and though Cardinal's members will very much be in focus, there are also a bunch of things going on in the background.  In future teasers, you can expect Jihee, Marcus and Lucas. And combinations of the six, of course. This is also a bit of a sneak peak for Cardinal's debut album!

 

Enjoy the Eunji gif!

-Beth