〈 characters 〉

〈 cardinal - robin entertainment's first boy group 〉 apply closed.
 

characters

currently promoting: cardinal 

Link Plotlines  Link Link Link

the visual.

jin mingu Cardinal's eldest member, also known as Jingu, was born on March 21st, 1991 in Eumsong, South Korea. He's the group's lead rapper,as well as a vocalist and the visual. Oh, and he knows he's the visual - his good looks have earned him three thousand followers each on Instagram and Twitter, and he had his first girlfriend (and break up) at the age of four. He's gossipy, debatably overconfident,  blunt, and flirty...and yet, those traits don't lessen his lovability and boyish charm in the slightest. He was one of Robin Entertainment's first trainees, scouted in 2010 by Marina and Jason - though a certain producer who joined the staff three years later is much, much more than a familiar face to him...

the face.

jeon jayu Cardinal's cake-loving face, thanks to his industry experience, who simply goes by Jayu, was born on August 15th, 1991 in Zurich, Switzerland. He's a main vocalist as well as the face of Cardinal. Though he might seem blank at first - with his calm demeanor in the most stressful of situations and tendency to reply to things with a simple "Huh?" - to those he's accepted, he's reliable, hardworking, patient, and level-headed. He was one of the last members of Cardinal scouted - sort of - when his older brother, Dayu, was called in to do some repairs at the Robin studio. After being forced to sing, Jason figured he was accepted into Robin - whether Jayu liked it or not. 

the dancer.

choi jeonghan Cardinal's quiet one, who goes by the stage name Damien, was born on March 7th, 1992 in Daegu, South Korea. He's the group's main dancer, as well as a vocalist and a rapper. There seems to be a wall between Jeonghan and everyone else; his preferred method of getting to know other people is through observations, and he doesn't trust other people or make the effort to talk to others easily; yet, there's  the side of him that's dependent, protective perfectionist. Jiseul was in charge of his scouting, which occured in 2011 - namely, by shoving him into a car and yelling for him not to scream. He currently thinks he has no chance with Bae Joohyun, his best friend's big sister, especially since she's part of K-Pop's biggest company and would have no time.

the musician.

charlie han Cardinal's "mother", whose full name is Charlie Han Taesoo, was born on June 10th, 1992 in Seattle, Washington. He's the group's lead vocalist and sub-dancer. Charlie doesn't talk much - he much prefers singing and playing guitar - but he's made it his responsibility to look after the members of Cardinal, just like an older brother. Charlie is also music-obsessed - he's got a bachelor's degree in guitar performance, and listens to bands you've never heard of (in addition to being an Ed Sheeran fanboy). That's probably everything you'll ever know about Charlie - any potential stress, homesickness, or other pain he might have is hidden, as not to worry others. He was scouted by Marina in late 2013, singing Ed Sheeran's Autumn Leaves in Hongdae's free park. 

the ace.

yoo taekyung Cardinal's cheeriest member by a long shot, who goes by the stage name Jude, was born on May 24th, 1994 in Seoul, South Korea. He's the group's other main vocalist, as well as the lead dancer. Everyone involved in Robin Entertainment agrees: Taekyung can talk for days on end without cease, and has enough energy to power a small village. Despite his general rambunctiousness and tendency to play off more serious situations, there's definitely a part of his carefree attitude that's simply a defense mechanism;  though he may act as though he's got the whole world in his hands, he's still just a kid, and kids get scared sometimes. Marina scouted him while he was performing a gig at his parent's restaurant. 

the maknae.

park seungtae Cardinal's youngest member, who simply goes by Tae, was born on December 7th, 1995 in Seoul, South Korea. He's also the group's main rapper and  sub-vocalist. He doesn't trust other people easily, but when he does, he's guaranteed to be a loyal friend. To people he doesn't know well, he probably seems moody; in reality, he's simply not a fan of letting his emotions out on display. He cares very much about his hyungs, and wants to help them if something's wrong - the real issue is getting him to let things out to people, as opposed to his journal. A slightly tipsy Park Seungtae was scouted by Jihee whilst rapping at a club; while initially Jason and Marina simply wanted to use some of his songs, he ended up joining Robin's project group, Cardinal. 

the smart ceo.

marina yoon Robin Entertainment's more capable founder was born on May 19th, 1986 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Marina is the mastermind behind Robin Entertainment - she set out to change lots of things about the entertainment industry, and though her company is struggling, she still plans to do so, no matter what. So what if her current job consists mostly of paperwork and bills? Marina's a determinator, and won't just stop because the staff that she hired thinks it's a bad idea. She's also the genius behind Cardinal itself - a boy band would most likely snag the coveted demographic known as Teenage Girls, willing to shell out ridiculous amounts of money to support Oppa forever and ever and ever. 

the other ceo.

jason park Robin's...considerably different founder was born on December 1st, 1986 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Jason is music-obsessed, and he always has been; he composes the vast majority of Cardinal's music, and he plays piano, guitar, drums and violin. He's also Marina's complete opposite - he's outspoken, doesn't think before doing anything, and is generally a bit childish and irresponsible as a whole. He has, however, known Marina for as long as he can remember, and was more than happy to help her out with her company when she came to him for help with it. It was his idea to go for struggling artists as Cardinal members - they'd jump at the chance to debut, no matter where. 

the producer.

bae jihee The eldest member of and most recent addition to the Robin train was born on July 21st, 1984 in Busan, South Korea. She's been interested in the production aspect of music since she was a teenager, but prior to being found by Lucas in August 2014, the only work she could get was small DJ gigs in half-empty clubs. She's probably the closest person to Cardinal on the staff; she's just seems like one of the guys, strolling around the office and playing around with everyone. She's perfect for advice, as she's kind, but not overbearing; she chooses her words carefully, as not to offend anyone, and loves making new friends. The only thing she's really missing is a shoulder to cry on. 

the manager. 

lucas hwang Cardinal's not-so-typical manager was born on June 4th, 1989 in Los Angeles, California. He's always been a bit of an oddball; he's got a bad case of brutal honesty combined with extreme quirkiness, and unless you've really worked hard to earn his trust, he has a bit of a hair-trigger temper. Though he's still getting used to the job of the manager, and though Cardinal is still getting used to him, he's liking his job so far; he doesn't know tons about music, aside from his patented karaoke setlist and movie soundtracks, and he's as new to the industry as some of the boys of Cardinal are. He does know from experience that things get better with time, and is banking on that. 

the lyricist. 

moon jiseul The Robin crew's youngest member was born on December 20th, 1990 in Incheon, South Korea. Jiseul ran away from a rather rich family in order to pursue music, and refuses to come to her parents for money. She was the first to hop aboard the Robin train, after Marina and Jason; she used to be in the indie band Another, which Jason was also member of. She's a talented lyricist who usually teams up with Jason for the awesome songs that Cardinal puts out. When she's not teasing Jason about Marina, or Jihee about Mingu, she's fangirling over Cardinal - it's not her fault that the boys are so dreamy, and that they're singing/dancing/rapping to songs she wrote! 

the roomie.

marcus jang Jason's pretty darn gay roommate was born on August 1st, 1989 in Brooklyn, New York. He is not a part of the Robin crew, technically - he just hangs out at the studio, putting in his two cents when it is (Jiseul's opinions of Cardinal are more than a little bit biased; Marcus's are not) and isn't (just about the rest of the time) needed. Other than that, he's usually found avoiding the Jiseul+Jason combination at all costs, and sighing lightly about the fact that Chris Evans is a real person who exists and currently breathes.. He frequents the apartments of various people involved in Robin Entertainment, but thanks to knowing Lucas the longest of all of them, you can usually find him there.