Chapter 7

Two Hearts

“I don’t know about this.” You say, clutching your cardigan closer to yourself. Jongup tugged you towards the front of his apartment door while giving you an encouraging smile.

“Don’t worry, they’ll love you. I’m sure you’ll get along fine.” You bite your lips, staring at the door in unease.

Luckily, or unluckily for you, Jongup lived two apartment buildings away from you, a coincidence the both of you realized the day you met at the café while walking home. You realize during the time you’ve been dating him you’ve never went to his dorm, he always came over your apartment.

“If you really don’t want to meet them, we don’t have to.” Jongup watched your eyes, the internal war raging inside was evident.

“But you want me to meet them.”

“Yes.”

“Then I’ll meet them. But only for half an hour max. You know I’m awkward around people I don’t know.” You mumble, dragging your feet towards his dorm.

Jongup grinned at you, feeling blessed to have such a wonderful girlfriend. When he first met you, he wasn’t sure why he kept trying to break your walls and get close to you but it felt like the right thing to do and he was glad he followed his heart because here you were, standing in all your beauty (even though you refused to believe him) with him. Sure, he’s had girlfriends before but none of them compared to you in the slightest.

Your smile brings him warmth and even though you are officially boyfriend-girlfriend, you acted more like his best friend. You joke around with him and like a normal person and he loved that most about you. But you would never know how much he loved you, it was hard to explain in words just how much.

He punched in four numbers on the keypad to open the door. It beeps open and you enter the threshold. You grasp his hand tighter and take a deep breath. Meeting these guys is the same as maybe meeting his brother so you wanted to make a good impression. If your impaired social skills would allow you.

The dorm itself was a lot cleaner than you expected with the exception of a few clothing lying around here and there. It looked a bit bare, no pictures or paintings on the walls but homey nonetheless. Jongup looked back at you and led you to his living room where a tall, pale boy was sitting. Your hands started to get sweaty and out of habit you rubbed them against your jeans.

“Junhong!” Jongup called. The tall boy looked over at him and then you, a timid smile on his face.

“Is this-”

“Yeah, Sae Hee meet Junhong. Junhong this is Sae Hee, my girlfriend.” The boy stood up, his height towering over your small frame.

“Hello.” You mutter, your shyness getting the better of you. You stuck out your hand, surprising the younger male. He shook your hand, firmly grasping it for a second before letting go.

“Where’s everyone else?” Jongup asked, looking around the room.

“In their rooms, I’ll bring them out.” Junhong walked around the dorm, knocking and poking his head in each room.

“You’re doing great.” Jongup whispered, elbowing your arm. You scrunch your nose at him but smile anyways, it wasn’t too bad.

The first male to come out was really pretty, his skin was white and his eyes were huge. You look at him in awe, he was prettier than half the girls you knew.

“Hi I’m Youngjae.” The pretty male said, waving at you. Another boy, as handsome as the other male was pretty, swung his arm around the pretty male and gave you a crooked grin.

“I’m Daehyun, it’s nice to meet you.” You wave back meekly, offering a smile that probably looked more awkward than happy. You see another male exit his room from the corner of your eye.

“Sae Hee?” He said, his eyes not believing who was in front of him. You turn around, your eyes bulging at the sight of him.

“Himchan?” A grin erupted on his face as he walked over to you, pulling you in for a hug. You stood there in shock, not believing who the male was standing in front of you. Jongup looked at you two in confusion with a little stab of jealously he felt in his stomach.

“You two know each other?” Jongup said, trying his hardest not to let his jealousy show in his voice. The two of you separate, Himchan’s arm still around your shoulders.

“Yeah, I met her in while I was in college. She’s my high school junior.” Himchan replied, giving her a wicked you smile. You groan, hoping he wouldn’t recount their past together. You look over to Jongup who donned a fake smile. After six months of dating, you knew when Jongup was happy or unhappy by the type of smile he gave and right now he wasn’t looking all too happy. You separate yourself from the older male and walk back to Jongup’s side, taking his hand in yours. You give him a smile, hoping that it would make him feel better. Jongup relaxed, realizing he had nothing to worry about. It was you, you who was more loyal than anyone he knew.

“Let’s all sit down!” Himchan said excitedly, guiding everyone towards the couch. Everyone sat at the couch, with the exception of Daehyun and Junhong who sat on the floor. You sit in between Jongup and Himchan, the former to your left and the latter on your right. Youngjae sat in the extra armchair to Jongup’s left.

“Wow Sae Hee, you changed so much. Well, not really but at least you’re smiling now!” Himchan commented, ruffling your hair. You give him a look and brushed his hand off.

“You look the same. But with better hair.”

“My hair is always nice.”

“And you’re still cocky.”

“I was never cocky.”

“You were, no are the cockiest guy I’ve ever met.” The other four males watched the banter between you two, laughing. It seemed like a banter between siblings with the way you scowled at the older male and the way he continued to ruffle your hair and poke you.

“You still don’t call anyone oppa do you?” You shook your head, a devilish grin on your face.

“How old are you, Sae Hee-shi?” Youngjae asked.

“I’m 22.” Junhong, Daehyun and Youngjae looked at you in shock then at Jongup, a sly smile on each of their faces.

“Oh, so you’re his noona?” Daehyun said, nudging Jongup’s foot with his own.

“I guess but age isn’t really an important thing with me.”

“Do you know what she was like in high school?” Himchan said, smirking evilly at you. You knee him, shaking your head.

“Hyung, what was she like? She refuses to tell me no matter how much I ask.” Jongup said frowning at you then looking expectantly at Himchan. The older male waggled his eyebrows.

“Well, we actually met through a blind date.” You throw your head back and roll your eyes.

“Blind date?”

“Yeah but she was so quiet and said nothing. Apparently her friend convinced Sae hee to go in place of her. We talked, but Sae Hee never smiled or anything. She was like a block. Anyways, she asked if I wanted to go for a drink and we went drinking together. Eventually we became drinking buddies.” Jongup looked over at you in surprise. You never said anything about your past, something you wanted to keep hidden. It was dark and there was no reason to go back to it, especially because your life is a lot happier right now.

“You never were able to outdrink me.” You tease, amused at Himchan’s disapproving look.

“You’re a tank. She can outdrink anyone.” You laugh, a bittersweet fact.

“You think she can outdrink Yongguk hyung?” Youngjae asked, a knowing smile on his face.

“Probably. She’s a monster.” Everyone laughed at Himchan’s comment.

You, however, tensed. You hadn’t heard that name in the longest time, a name you hadn't uttered for six years. Jongup sensed your internal panic, your eyes darting from one place to another in rapid speed. He squeezed your hand with a worried expression, did he make you uncomfortable by talking about your past? You look over to him and reason with yourself. To meet Himchan and Yongguk in the same group with Jongup would be too crazy of a coincidence. Besides, Yongguk was in the underground scene if you remember correctly. And idol life was the complete opposite of the underground scene.

But you still wanted to go home. Don’t want to take any chances.

“I think I should go, I still have some work to do.” You say, an apologetic smile gracing your features. You stand with Jongup and make your way to the door, waving at the other members.

“Come back soon Sae Hee! We have a lot of catching up to do!” Himchan called out. You nod your head and walk over to the door, slipping on your flats.

“Bye Sae Hee-noona!” Junhong said from the living room. The other two males also waved goodbye, a polite smile on their faces. You watched Jongup put on his sneakers before turning back to the other members.

“I’ll be back later, tell Yongguk hyung I won’t come too lat-” The sound of numbers being pressed into the keypad emitted from the other side of the door. It beeped, before opening wide.

“Oh Yongguk hyung!” Jongup exclaimed. The tired male looked up at him before his eyes landed on you.

Time seemed to slow down.

You tighten your grip on Jongup on impulse.

Yongguk looked at you then down to your hands, entwined with Jongup’s.

Then back into your eyes.

“Yongguk hyung, this is Sae Hee my girlfriend.”

 


Hello! I feel like it's been a long time since I last updated ): But here I am back at it again.. Although I should be studying for my midterms. Anyways let me know your thoughts in the comments and i'll be updating hopefully by Sunday this week! Until next time ~ (: