Chapter 6

Two Hearts

You entered the privately owned café, ordering your usual black tea with milk and sugar before sitting down in your usual spot. You made yourself comfortable and pulled out your laptop. You decided to take Yongguk’s advice of writing about jazz. You kept a blog where you made playlists for different occasions, artists who are debuting in the jazz scene, and advice to your followers about jazz in general.

You had amassed quite a large fan base, much more than you had ever imagined. Something that started as a hobby became a source of income for you through featured advertisements and donations made by your followers which was enough to support your small, but comfortable living.

You had moved out of your house a few months after your 22nd birthday, making sure you had saved enough money to fund you for your first year living alone. Your parents and Jae protested at first but eventually gave into your wishes, hoping that this new arrangement would make you happy, like you were years ago.

You looked back at your laptop at a particular question that proved quite difficult to answer. You knew how to answer it, it was just difficult to phrase it correctly so it would make sense. Scrunching your nose, you start to type out the answer. Once you got the gist of it down, you folded your hands behind your head and reread what you had typed.

It makes no sense. You grumble. Feeling the need to take a break, you exit the café and stretch, lifting your arms high above your head. You pull out a cigarette and light it, taking a deep drag. It’s a bad habit you had acquired, sprouting from the last year of your high school days. Someone had offered you one and you saw no reason to deny it. You half hoped you would feel something from it, disgust or relief or something but it only made you even number than you already were. Smoking, drinking, partying all proved useless. For six years since the ‘breakup’ everything was just bleak and grey.

You finished your cigarette and made a conscious effort to throw the away in the garbage. You never liked it when you saw abandoned cigarettes on the street. Sitting back in your seat, you tackle the question once again, furiously typing away, until you were satisfied with the end result. You stretch one last time before packing your things away and making your way to the door.

A guy stood at the door, watching you intently as he held the door open for you. You give him a look, but thank him anyways. Guys always had an ulterior motive for approaching you and you couldn’t really care for it, although you’d prefer if they just left you alone.

His footsteps followed yours, echoes of his feet against the pavement rang in your ears.

“Are you following me?” You register his shocked face, not caring much for it.

“No, I live in this direction.”

“Really? Because we’ve been going the same way for a few blocks now.” Then, you see his smile and your mind goes blank. Huh?

“Yes, sorry if that makes you comfortable though. If you like, I could go a different way.”

 “You would do that?”

 “Yes.” You felt something you haven’t felt in in a while.

“Just because I asked you to.” Your heart pumps a little faster.

“Well, yes.” Blush creeps on your face.

“Why?” Why indeed.

“If it makes you uncomfortable then I shouldn’t be doing it. I don’t mind walking a different way either.” You nod and turn around before he could see the blush that creeped down to your neck. “Do you want me to walk a different way?” You quickly look back at him, and shake your head.

“No. That’s fine. Do you mind if I take a cigarette?” You needed to calm your nerves, something to get rid of this feeling.

“Do you care that people glare at you?” His voice.

“No. I have no reason to. What they think is up to them, who am I to judge them?” His smile.  “Why are you smiling?”

“I admire you for thinking that way. That kind of thinking will get you far in life.” And just like that, all that numbness you felt for the last six years seemed to just disappear.

“What’s your name?”

“Moon Jongup. And you?” Jongup. I like that, Jongup.

“Cho Sae Hee. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

That was eight months ago, at the beginning of the year. Since then, the two of you met through the influence and persuasion of Jongup who had taken the time and effort to break down each and every wall you put up for two months because of Yongguk. You were definitely reluctant, afraid of a repeat of six years ago but Jongup pushed and soothed every fear you had until you were left with just him.

And the past six months with him were pure bliss. Sure, there were times when he’d be gone for a long period but he’d always send you a text or a video message whenever he could. And that was enough. You were worried for him, being a dancer for a group who traveled so much seemed tiring, seeing that he wasn’t even part of the group. But he was following his dream so you could say nothing to him.

Currently the both of you were lounging around your living room, being lazy on Jongup’s day off. The younger male sat on the couch with his arms spread across the back of it while you laid down, your head in his lap facing the TV. Gag concert was playing and that program always hit your funny bone.

Jongup would watch you throw your head back in laughter, a soft smile embracing his face.

“Babe.” You look up at him, chewing on piece of dried squid. He grinned before leaning down, pecking you on your lips. You scrunch you nose, giving him a look.

“Gross.” Jongup laughed while you turned back to the TV.

“Babe, I actually have to tell you something.” Jongup cleared his throat, avoiding your gaze.

“What is it?” You sit up, heart beating harder. Even after everything you and Jongup have been through, you still had a small fear that he’d leave you.

“Look, I haven’t been honest.” A high pitched noise rung in your ears, your vision becoming hazy.

“What… I don’t understand.” You your lips which proved useless since your mouth dried up.

“About being a dancer for a group.” You audibly sigh, your blood pressure dropping immensely. “OW! What’s that for?” He yelps, running away from your punches.

“I thought it was something more serious. Goodness, don’t do that.” You pout. Jongup frowned and pulled you into his lap.

“Babe, I told you, I’m not going anywhere.” He said while squishing your cheeks together. You scrunch your nose before puckering your lips, asking for a kiss. He obliges, pecking you once before kissing you again, more deeply. You sigh into his lips, those soft plump lips that soothed your fears away. You open your mouth to him, allowing his tongue entrance. His tongue played with yours, tugging it back into his mouth. You smile into the kiss, running your fingers through his hair. The younger male under you moaned, his muscles relaxing as you massage his scalp. The both of you separate as he kissed along your jaw, to the shell of your ear before biting your earlobe.

You shake him off, laughing. Pulling him away from you, you look into his eyes. Those eyes that searched the deepest parts of your soul, those eyes that watched each tear fall from yours and kissed away. Those eyes that saw you, the real you behind all the walls you put up.

“What do you have to tell me?” You ask, twirling his hair between your fingers.

“About me being a dancer. Technically, I am. But I’m actually part of the group.”

“Like... As in you’re an idol?” You pull away from him but his firm grip kept you in place.

“Yes. I didn’t want to tell you because I knew you wouldn’t get to know me otherwise.”

“Damn right I wouldn’t!” You retort. How could he keep such a secret from me?

“But look, it’s been six months. And nothing’s happened right? Don’t you trust me?” His eyes searched yours, desperate for forgiveness and understanding. You falter, this is the guy who stood by you for two months even as you gave him the cold shoulder. He never wavered or doubted you so how could you doubt him now?

“You’re lucky I love you.” You grumble, laying down once more while putting your head on his lap. He smiled that beautiful smile and your heart flipped. You felt so lucky you met a guy like him after Yongguk. Someone who didn’t play with your feelings.

“I want to introduce you to my members. I think I’ve kept this from them long enough.” He said, playing with your hair.

“What’s the name of your group?” You realize you didn’t even know what entertainment he worked for or what groups came from that company. You were too absorbed into the jazz scene that you never bothered to ask even though Jongup had asked you countless questions about your work. So much for being a good girlfriend.

“B.A.P.”

“B.A.P? Like bap? Like rice?” You giggle, sticking your tongue out at him.

“Yes, like rice. What do you say?” He looked down at you expectantly, wiggling his eyebrows around.

“Only if you stop doing that.” Jongup kissed your forehead before standing up, pulling you up with him.

“Yeah? Then let’s go now. I told them you’re coming today.” Your eyes bulge out. Looking down at your home clothes, you shake your head vigorously.

“Now? Dressed like this?”

“Yes dressed like that. You look fine.”

“But I’m wearing just a shirt and jeans. Let me at least put on a skirt.” You pull yourself towards your room but he pulled you in the direction of the door.

“Nope, you look perfect. Let’s go.” You give him a look but put on your flats anyways.

“Alright then, let’s meet them.” You say, praying for the best.


Jongup... Is it too obvious that he's my bias? Hahaha well what do you guys think? Jongup's finally in the picture!! And you're about to go meet the rest of BAP where Yongguk is!! What's going to happen? Eeeeep even i'm excited! So I know I told you guys I was going to update next week but ta-dah! I updated today hahaha (even though it's so late... ^___^;;) I am praying that the next chapter will be up end of next week so pray with me! (maybe i'll update earlier but that's god-willing) Share your thoughts with me in the comments! Have a good day~~