Chapter 2: Prince!Himchan, Knight!Jongup AU

The Minni Drabbles

WARNING:

Character Death, Suicide

You have been warned.

Himchan half expects to wake up to the familiar warm embrace, but is surprised when all there is to greet him is pounding on his door. He sits up and rubs the sleep out of his eyes. “Come in!”

            A maid comes flying in, half crying and half hyperventilating. Himchan almost doesn’t make it out that it’s Daehyun’s caretaker, but he recognizes the voice.

            “My P-prince…” Her head hangs from her shoulders and her voice is shaking. “Y-y-you mu-must come. The king is aw-aw-awaiting your pres-s-sence.” Her fists are clenched onto her dress.

            “I have only awakened caretaker.” Himchan says with an almost childish tone. “Must it be this early in the morning?” He’s completely obviously to the situation.

            “M-my prince.” She looks up with her tear-drenched face. “I’m afra-a-aid it’s about the Kn-kn-knight Brigade, my prince. You must come immediately.”

           

            You’re cold, my love.

            Himchan’s in utter disbelief as his fingertips trace the outline of Jongup’s structured face.

            Where’s your warmth, my love?

            Himchan doesn’t hold back the sob that leaves his body.

            Hold me, my love.

            His head drops to the strong chest he loved so much, tears drenching the blood-stained shirt. His cries echo through the silent room. Though the room is filled with a crowd, there is only silence as his companion. He half-expects this to be a joke. That Jongup was going to wake up and laugh everything off with his angel smile and everything will be okay, like how it’s supposed to be.

            “Himchan…” He hears a familiar voice.

            “Youngjae…” Himchan sniffs and looks up towards his friend. “Yo-Youngjae… He’s cold… He’s so cold.” Himchan’s tears seem to never stop. “Youngjae. Help me grab a blanket.” Himchan stands and turns towards a few spare blankets. “Jongup is cold. He’s… He’s cold.”

            But all Youngjae does is grab Himchan’s wrist. “He’s gone, my Prince.” If Youngjae wasn’t also crying himself, Himchan would’ve punched him in the face. But considering that they both had lost Yongguk and Jongup… and almost lost Daehyun as well, Himchan excused him. Instead, another round of tears and cries and sobs escaped Himchan. He’s leant over Jongup’s still body. The blood is caking up where it had seeped through from his wounds. And if Himchan thought Jongup was cold earlier, then he was ice cold now.

            It’s midnight already and Himchan is now lying next to the stiff body, forehead perched on Jongup’s shoulder. He listens to the footsteps that come in from the door.

            “Your highness.” The worker bows respectively. “It is time, your highness.”

            Himchan doesn’t open his eyes. Instead, he slides closer into Jongup’s body.

            “Your highness.”

            “I’m sorry.” Himchan whispers. “I’m so sorry.”

            “Your highness. You have nothing to be sorry of.” The worker dares to walk closer. “My Prince, you must let go now.”

            “I’m… sorry.” Himchan’s voice is almost unheard.

            There is a long silence that follows, and the worker hesitates when he steps even closer to Himchan. He reaches out, hesitates, and then taps the older man on the shoulder.

            “Y-You-Your Highn-

            Clink. Clink. Clink.

            The worker steps away to pick up the small glass vile that had fallen on the floor. He eyes it carefully before lifting it up to his nose and smelling it. It takes him a second to realize that it held a similar smell to the kingdom’s most dangerous and poisonous snakes. It was very common that people drank snake venom in an attempt to end their life in this kingdom. It was too common. The venom was much too easy to get. Then everything clicks in his head. He shoots up and grabs Himchan’s shoulder.

            The worker is taken aback by the blue that’s creeping into Himchan’s face and the foam oozing out of his mouth. Though in shock, the worker quickly turned away and ran towards the door.

            “Help!!! I NEED SOME HELP~!!!”