005

Overshadowed

I dozed off, resting my head using my arms as a pillow on the weak girl’s bed, until I noticed a pair of heels clicking onto the tiled floor. I craned my neck to see who the guest was, and I only saw a gorgeous woman, clad with the latest fashions and sunglasses. As the elegant star strutted closer, it was then when I recognized her. “Sunbaenim?”

 

 She narrowed her eyes at me. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I...I think I might have caused her to faint.”  was what I wanted to croak. Instead, I heaved a great sigh and said, “I took her to the hospital after she collapsed.”

 

Jessica nodded. “Her anemia must have been kicking in.”

 

“Uh, Sunbaenim, what brings you here?”

 

She cocked a light brown brow. “I’m her sister.”

 

“No way.” I verbally thought. Her expression lightened and her lips let out a chuckle. “I know right? She’s actually quite prettier than I. And more hardworking.” She gently sat down onto the mattress and began a face identical to her’s. “Krystal’s pretty when she’s sleeping, huh? She looks so relaxed, unlike her usual stressed-out face.” Jessica continued admiring the girl. “It was just a matter of age…”

 

“Anyways, what are you still doing here?” She wasn’t the ice princess for no reason. The international star gave me a stare that seemed to see through my soul, with a nonchalant expression. Like older sister, like younger sister.

 

“Oh, right.” I looked towards the digital clock next to me. 3 a.m. I should have been practicing all this time.

 

“You can go home now. Aren’t you tired with your debut preparations?” The beautiful, austere girl said with a softer voice and a rare, gentle smile playing on her lips.

 

“Oh...alright.” I stuttered. Sunbaenim’s nicer than I thought.

 

I didn’t sleep that night.

 

Were my words that harsh?

 

“Whatever, it’s not like I didn’t state the truth. Better wake her up from her fantasy than give her false hopes.” I accidentally said aloud.

 

***********************************************************************************************************

A/N: hello ^^ yes, i know that the story's super slow as of now. but i promise it'll start to pick up soon T_T i'm thinking of making it p long so...yeah, bear with me >w<
on another note, it is true that jessica said that she thought her sister was prettier and more hardworking. and i think on jessica&krystal she said that krystal looked the prettiest while sleeping? c: (whaddup show reference)