How did it come to this?

Your way of healing??!!! [On HIATUS]

JiYong's POV

So not my day.

I kept on thinking that and only that. After that incident I’d been grounded for 1 whole week with all my credit cards cut up. Damn that old man.

It’s Day 5 already today. , still 2 more days to go. I was still deep in my thoughts looking out the window from the piano room when a knock came from the door. My mom opened it slightly and peeked her head inside.

"Ji Young-ah." She softly called out my name.

"What is it mom?"

I asked slowly turning around.

"Your dad wants to talk to you." And as if on cue my dad entered.

I immediately straightened my spine. No matter how hard he seemed to make my life I still feared my dad.

He slowly walked upto the bench I was sitting on taking his place at the other end.

I held in my breath and waited for him to talk.

After a long sigh he looked at me and told me straight, "Ji Young, its time we had that talk?"

Ok what talk was he talking about?

Confused I only raised one of my eyebrows.

Getting the signal he breathed in and then continued again.

"I think its time you got settled down."

And with that he looked at me straight in the eye giving me that look. That look that clearly said ‘just you try denying I’ll show you what I’m capable of’.

For a few moments I could only blink. After I thought that my brain could take what he said into full process it finally hit me.

And before I knew it the words had already gotten out.

"You want me to get laid!" I screamed.

Wrong word. Dad wrinkled his nose and mom only seemed to cover in shock.

"Kwon Jiyong!" He scolded.

"Mianhe, appa." I bowed my head down.

"As the heir to the Kwon Corporations, you should be responsible and hard working to deserve that title, instead all day you're out partying with your friends, sleeping with random girls and always appearing on the front page of morning papers. Is that how you want to spend your entire life?" He continued.

"Well, the idea doesn't sound that bad." I mumbled.

"What was that?" My father cried on the spot.

"Nothing."

"I've decided. You're going to get married. I already have a girl in mind. She's well-mannered, polite and respectful to her elders. What else could you want?" He questioned.

I could only gape in response. Desperately I looked at mom.

"Don't you dare think of trying to use your mother to get out from this?" He continued as if reading my mind.

"But Dad, I'm only 20 and at the peak of my early years of manhood. Don't forget I'm still a university student too. How can you think of marrying me off to some girl I've never known?"

I couldn't help it. This was pure injustice and I'd be damned if I was selling my manhood to some ugly, fat boring girl based on just our marriage itself.

"Jiyong-ah. I know this must sound unfair to you but trust me I'm doing this because I care for you. Your teachers and tutors have given up all hope on trying to reform you. I'm hoping that at least this marriage will help you realize your responsibilities and make a human out of you."

He stood up signalling that the talk was over and went away with mom meekly following him behind.

After they were out of earshot and I was sure that I was the only one alone in the room, I screamed.

"What the is this? Make a human out of me? What am I now then? A monster? This is pure injustice! The I'll just stand by and let myself get married. I'm in no way getting laid. this !"

Enraged, I kicked the piano as hard as I could. The pain surging through my leg was great but nowhere near to rage I was feeling.

What to do? What to do?

Just then my phone rang.

I looked at the caller ID and nearly hit myself on my head for not having thought of his name earlier.

Flipping it open I screamed.

"Choi Seung Hyun, did I ever tell you how much I loved you?"


Narrator's POV

She clipped the stem of the red rose and put in the vase joining it with the other red roses. Again she picked up another red rose lying on the table and followed the same procedure.

The door to the glass house opened and in stepped an elderly woman holding a basket with more flowers.

She walked up to the table where the girl was quitely working and set her basket.

The girl looked up in enquiry.

"Mianhe, there's more." The older woman guiltily smiled.

The girl only nodded in acknowledgement and resumed her work.

"It's tiring, right? Here let me take over. You take some rest." The woman tried to help.

"I'm fine, omma. You don't need to worry."

Sighing, the older woman sat on the other chair right across her daughter.

"Hyomin-ah." She gently called out.

She only hummed in response.

The older woman rested her hand atop Hyomin's. Hyomin stopped what she was doing and looked up.

"You remember what I asked you the other day?"

Hyomin only looked down clearly seeing her own legs through the glass table.

"I know it may seem odd and even absurd but have you given it a thought yet?"

Still, Hyomin kept quiet.

"I know, it's just been recent that you got pregnant but still you chose to keep that baby."

"I'm not saying I don't support your decision." Her mother hastily replied seeing the way Hyomin looked at her.

"Being pregnant at such a young age like 19 and having no father for the baby, the society will look down on you." Her mother continued.

"I don't care what the society says." She replied in a cold voice.

Her mother internally winced. She was not used to listening to her daughters speak in that tone. Especially the elder one, the one that was always bright and bubbly.

"I know you don't and I don't either. But have you ever thought about what the baby will have to go through when it grows up? No father to attend Father's Day, looked down on by its classmates and not the baby only but you too."

Sighing, her mother conitnued.

"I'm not saying that the baby needs to have a father figure by its side. Its just that at your age you'll need someone to rely on."

"And you think Kwon Ji Yong is that someone whom I can rely on?" She asked with sarcasm dripping in her tone.

Her mother lightly nodded.

"Mama, he's the biggest player in our university. One moment he's with one girl, another moment and he's already sleeping with her bestfriend. Every day he makes it to the front page of newspapers for all the wrong reasons. He's irresponsible, uncaring, selfish and all the other bad attributes I could think of. You seriously want me to marry him?"

Hyomin asked finally releasing her lid off.

"I'm not asking you to get married. I just hope you'll seriously consider it?" Her mother tried in what was supposed to be a pleasing tone.

"I've already ruined my life once. I'm not gonna ruin it twice."

The moment it left she regretted it.

"Park Hyomin!" Her mother finally scolded.

"I've always been understanding with my daughters tyring to cope in with the new trend and not limiting you off with the traditional old ways. You girls want to go out and party with your friends, I let you do it because I know you're responsible. You made a boyfriend, I accepted it because I trusted you enough to know what you were doing. You got pregnant but still chose to keep that baby even though your boyfriend broke up with you, I still accepted it because I know my daughter is humane no matter how hard she is trying to hide that fact. But this tone, I'll definitely not tolerate it."

Hyomin only lowered her head in response.

"You don't want to marry, fine. I understand. I'll tell them that my daughter doesn't want to marry their player of a son."

With that she briskly stood up and made her way out from the glass house.

Hyomin sighed, frustruated with the way things were going around in her life.

Mianhe, omma. I didn't mean to make you sad.


Yes, I finally updated after so long. I know my dear subscribers out there hate me. You can very well bludgeon me to death for this veerrryyy late update but you can only do it mentally. Ah, one of the comments made me read this fic again and I realized how I loved it where it was going, so I pushed my off and started working. Do forgive me if the chappie was a bit short. I can't promise much but you can look forward to more updates in the near future. Again do forgive me if they are late cause I have another on-going fic too. Till then,enjoy!