Project Friendship

Your way of healing??!!! [On HIATUS]

The class buzzed with life. Paper balls thrown here and there, girls huddling around each other with their cells showing off their boyfriends, boys laughing out loudly at their own lame jokes. Amidst this pointless chatter, a girl angrily rubbed her temples for the upteenth time.

Can't a girl get some peace?

She angrily crossed out the word she'd written before more times than necessary and with more force needed. Obviously she was tearing her paper leaving a hole at that spot.

Just then their English teacher entered.

"Ok guys, cool it down. Everyone get to your seats." She barked.

Their teacher Sandara Park as she went by with the name was quite a character. Despite her small frame and lovable personality, she possessed enough ruthlessness to strike fear into her students.

All of a sudden the class hushed down.

She put down her book and a box she was carrying on the table. Jiyeon tilted her head to get a better look at what it was.

"Ok guys I have an assignment for you. Take it as some kinda project." The whole class moaned, Jiyeon and a particular other not included.

"I'm going to divide you people into teams each consisting of two. One of you will come up here and pick out a slip of paper from this box. Then you'll write your topic on the board. Remember this is an assignment for abstract feelings mainly focused on you youngsters and how you view it."

If possible the class only groaned more.

"However, if you win you get an extra 10 marks on your English paper this semester."

At this Jiyeon eyes twinkled and the whole class 'oohed'.

"And to make your victory even sweeter", She suddenly fished out two tickets from her back pocket, "Ta-Dah! The winning team gets two free tickets to the biggest water park in the city, The Water Kingdom."

At this the class broke out into cheers and laughter.

Seriously, how old are we? 7?

But Jiyeon's mind was more focused on the extra 10 marks. But it also depended on her partner and herself.

Screw that.

It doesn't matter if I get a lazy team-mate and I have to do all the work. At least I'll get those extra 10 marks. It doesn't matter if my team-mate gets it too, as long as I get it.

Jiyeon was already up in her dreamland wondering what kind of topic she would get.

"Ok people, quiet down. I'll call out the names and who's been partnered with who. One of you come up here and take your pick."

"Team 1 : Jang Hyunseung and Hyuna"

The whole class wooed since Hyuna was one of those girls with a hour-glass figure that every guy wanted to date. Unfortunately her personality was nowhere near date-able. Still that did not deter the guys from whistling. Girls only scoffed in return.

Hyuna stood up from her seat and swayed her hips even more than she usually did swishing her already too short skirt to and fro. Obviously the whole guys had their eyes plastered at that area.

She pulled out one paper from the box and handed it to the teacher.

"Vain." Sandara shouted.

The whole class oohed. Well that topic pretty much suited her since she was one of those vain people who thought puckering up her red-coated lips and batting her mascara heavy eyelashes would let her have her way through any kind of situation.

"Team 2 : Bae Su Ji and Hwang Chansung."

Su Ji walked up to the table and fished out another paper and handed it to Sandara again.

"Avarice."

The whole class clapped.

This kept on going for another few consecutive rounds until Team 7 was called.

"Team 7 : Lee Gikwang and Park Jiyeon."

The hand she had been supporting her head on suddenly went lax and she ended up banging her head against the table. The whole class laughed.

Wait a minute, did I just hear correctly?

She slowly turned her head around to look at him. She wanted to confirm if she'd really heard it right. However when she turned around she was greeted by the sight of the almighty Lee Gikwang staring out the window looking completely at ease and unaware of the team division going on around him.

She growled.

"Team 7 : Lee Gikwang and Park Jiyeon." The teacher repeated again, this time a bit more irritatedly.

I heard it at the first time, alright?

"Just my luck." She muttered to no one in particular.

She looked at him questioning who should go among them. He coolly turned around and stared at her. She did not like his cold eyes. Nu-uh, not one bit. The decision was made. She slowly got up from her seat and tried to look as nonchalant as possible. As she reached the table, she put her hand inside the box and fished out a paper slip.

Sandara took it from her and read it out loud.

"Friendship."

The whole class laughed again. Every one in the entire school knew Gikwang did not knew what that meant. He always kept to himself and did not like any company around him. Clearly this had to be the irony of the year.

"All the best nerdy, you're gonna need it."

"What a joke!"

"Oi top girl, think you can do it?"

"Why does she get Lee Gikwang?"

"Oh boy I pity her."

"It must be some kinda punishment."

Jeers,complaints and pity filled the entire room. Suddenly the sound of chair being dragged silenced the whole class. Jiyeon looked up to see her partner getting up from his seat and going out from the class as if it was break time.

"Yah, Lee Gi kwang where do you think you're going?" Sandara shouted.

"You'll get a detention for this." She threatened.

Even with all that, Gikwang blissfully walked down the hallways as if he did not hear a single thing.

"Aish that kid. He's one damn tough cookie." Sandara muttered under her breath.

As soon as he was gone it was as if a spell was lifted off the whole class. Everyone started mumbling around themselves and it was not until Sandara threatened them with a month long homework they all quieted down.

Oh great, what luck?


Here, updated after a long while. Hope you enjoyed the chappie even though its a bit short and on the lame side. And don't you just love the new poster cause I sure as hell do. Many many thanks to Xeraphin and Ingeniously Exquisite for making it happen. Comments and subscriptions are well loved. Later, till then enjoy!