7

My Princess

Hyuna was released a few hours later. She wouldn't speak about what they asked her. All she said was that they had to be careful. The two girls were okay for a while. It was the night that Gayoon's mother died that things started to change drastically. There was the funeral, the corronation for the new queen, Gayoon, then Gayoon had to do a lot of things which meant she had no time for Hyuna.

 

It was one evening that Gayoon and Hyuna were sat in the gardens talking when a knight came out to them.

"Your majesty," The knight said, bowing. "You must come to the war room immediately. The Kingdom of Kim has threatened invasion."

Gayoon stood up. "Hyuna. Please go to your room. We will continue our discussion another time."

"Okay.." Hyuna sighed, then she walked off.

Gayoon was lead by the knight into the war room where a huge map of all the kingdoms was laid out. The Kingdom of Kim had the word "WAR" written over it. Gayoon stayed up all night, it was decided that the two kingdoms would go to war with each other.

The next day, Gayoon was stood on a balcony in the castle whilst thousands of people filled the surrounding land.

"There has been some news. The Kingdom of Kim has threatened us with an invasion of our kingdom. We cannot let that happen. Today, a war has broken out. But I know that the Kingdom of Heo will win this. We are strong. Nothing can beat us. We will stand united against these Kim pigs, and we will show them that you should never mess with a kingdom as powerful as ours!" Gayoon yelled.

Everyone cheered, then Gayoon went back inside the castle and the people scattered to spread the news. Hyuna was waiting inside Gayoon's room.

"...If there's a war, does that mean you're leaving?" Hyuna asked.

"Yes. I must fight. I want you to stay here Hyuna." Said Gayoon. "If you come, you could get hurt. Also, you would be fighting against your own people. That is something I'm sure you don't want to do."

Suddenly, a bell rang. Gayoon looked up. "I must go."

"You will stay safe, won't you?" Hyuna asked.

"Yes. Please look after everything whilst I'm gone." Gayoon said, then she hugged Hyuna tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Said Hyuna, hugging back.

Gayoon let go and left. She went down to the armoury and got her armour and her weapons, then she got on her horse and went to join the rest of her army.

"The Kim pigs are going to cross the border. We cannot let them take over. We shall ride, and fight to the death." Gayoon said, then they all set off on their horses, their terrified expressions hidden by their helmets and their quivering bodies hidden by the strong metal armour.

When they reached the border, they saw that the Kim troops were on the horizon and were approaching fast.

"Do we wait for them to cross?" A knight asked.

"No. We will meet them straight at the border. Make sure none of them get through. Kill every one of them!" Gayoon yelled over the noises of the horses and chatter. "We must stay strong, this is the first of many battles to come!"

They waited a few minutes, until the Kim troops were very close.

"CHARGE!" Gayoon yelled, and they did.

The fighting lasted for at least six hours and casualties were heavy for the Kim troops, although the Heo troops lost a lot of men too. When the Heo troops were sure none of the Kim troops were left, Gayoon spoke up.

"We will camp at the border tonight. I want a huge wall here to stop them from getting through. Get the top builders here now and get them fast." Said Gayoon. A man rushed off to get the builders, then Gayoon turned to the messenger when all the knights were busy. "Please go to the castle and tell them of our victory, then find Hyuna and tell her that I am alive and strong." The messenger nodded and then ran off into the distance back towards the castle.

Gayoon went to sit in her tent that was already set up for her.

"If this is war, then a lot is going to change around here very quickly." She thought to herself, listening to the noises of the happy knights. She knew they would not be happy any longer if this war was as bad as she thought it would be.

There was a strange aura in the air that night. Everyone knew that this happiness would not last for long, and they were right.