6

My Princess

When the news broke out that the princess had gone missing, the two girls were already far away from the castle and almost out of the kingdom and into the next one. What Gayoon didn't realise though that was a lot had changed since she had left home. This was her old kingdom. Her family had taken over the kingdom. When she saw the sign saying "The Kingdom of Heo" she stopped the horse.

"What is it?" Hyuna asked.

"This is where I'm from..." Gayoon said quietly.

The horse set off again and they reached the first small village quite soon. When people saw them coming, they gasped.

"It's her!" Someone yelled as the horse came to a stop in front of the village.

"You." Gayoon said, pointing to a guard. "Who is everyone getting excited about?"

"Uh.. Ah.. Eh.. Y-You.." The guard stuttered.

"Me? Why?" Gayoon asked.

"Y-You are H-Heo Gayoon, aren't y-you?" The guard asked.

"Yes. But I don't see why that should matter." Said Gayoon.

"W-Well... It's just... The queen has b-been searching f-for you..." Said the guard.

"Where can I find the queen?" Gayoon asked.

"J-Just keep riding forwards... It'll b-be a long ride... But you w-will find the c-castle... The knights w-will recognise y-you..." Said the guard.

"Mhmm.. Thanks." Said Gayoon, then she rode on again with Hyuna clinging to her.

"Please be careful.." Hyuna whispered.

"I will." Said Gayoon.

They rode for a few hours and Hyuna ended up falling asleep. When they reached the castle, the sounds of the knights woke Hyuna up.

"Huh?" Hyuna looked around.

"We're here..." Gayoon mumbled.

Hyuna and Gayoon got off the horse and some knights took it away to the stables. They were then lead to the throne room where a woman was sat. Hyuna saw the resemblence immediately and knew that it must be Gayoon's mother.

"My child." The woman said, looking at Gayoon. "You have returned."

"I have indeed." Said Gayoon. "But I don't understand why you would be looking for me."

"You are the princess of this kingdom. Your father passed away a while ago. And as for me, I am not in good health either. There was nobody else to control this kingdom, but now I have found you." Said the queen. "And also, who is this girl with you?"

"This is Hyuna. She has travelled with me from the other kingdom I was in." Said Gayoon.

"Knights. Have that girl inspected." Said the queen.

"Be gentle with her." Gayoon said, watching as the knights started to inspect Hyuna for anything that could identify her.

"I've found something." Said one of the knights. "A badge. It is something from the other kingdom."

"Give that to someone who can identify what it is then." Said the queen. The knight rushed off somewhere. "Stop inspecting her. You're terrorising the poor girl."

Hyuna quickly clung to Gayoon's arm when the knights left her alone.

"So, you want me to be the next ruler of this kingdom?" Gayoon asked.

"Yes. I know you would do a good job. The way you act shows it." Said the queen.

"I'll do it under one condition." Said Gayoon. "Hyuna must be kept safe."

"Is that all?" The queen asked.

"Yes. I want Hyuna to stay by my side at all times." Said Gayoon.

"That can be arranged then." Said the queen. "Now, if you will go upstairs, you will find a room that is yours now. If you need anything, just ask one of the servants."

Gayoon nodded, then took Hyuna with her upstairs.

The upstairs part reminded Gayoon of home. Then when she reached the door that said her name on it, she knew that magic must've been involved, because it was the exact same door and writing of her name. Gayoon opened the door and went into the room with Hyuna following along slowly.

"It's.. It's the exact same as when I left it.." Gayoon sighed, looking around.

"Gayoonie was cute when she was younger~" Hyuna giggled, pointing to a picture of Gayoon when was only a child.

Gayoon smiled a bit. "Hyuna, you do realise you're going to have to teach me how to be a princess."

"It's easy! Just wear dresses and be nice~" Said Hyuna. "Let's see if you have any dresses."

Hyuna walked over to the wardrobe and opened it. There were lots of dresses inside.

"...I didn't know I had so many." Gayoon said.

"I'm going to make you look beautiful!" Hyuna squealed.

A few hours later, Gayoon looked completely different. She was wearing a dress and had her hair done nicely by Hyuna.

"Do I look good?" Gayoon asked.

Hyuna nodded. "Stunning."

Gayoon smiled. "Thank you."

The two girls decided they were going on a walk to explore when Hyuna was stopped.

"You. We need to question you." Said the knight, then Hyuna was lead away, leaving Gayoon alone to wonder what was happening to the younger girl.