4

My Princess

Hyuna woke up. She looked around and remembered that she wasn't in her own room. She looked next to her and saw Gayoon sleeping.

"Gayooooonie~" Hyuna squealed.

When there was no response, Hyuna started bouncing around on the bed, causing Gayoon to groan and wake up.

"What are you doing.. Get off.." Gayoon groaned, pushing Hyuna away.

"But Gayoonie, I'm awake." Hyuna said, pouting.

"Go back to sleep..." Gayoon mumbled. "It's too early."

"How do you know?" Hyuna asked, snuggling close to Gayoon again.

"Because, I just do." Said Gayoon, then she rolled over and went back to sleep.

Unfortunately, Hyuna couldn't go back to sleep. She was wide awake. She decided to get up and look around Gayoon's room to see if she could find anything else about her. Hyuna opened the wardrobe and saw there was a piece of paper at the bottom. She picked it up and it was actually a letter. She read it.

'Gayoon,

You have let our family down. You are living a life of lies. You should be here working in the house, married with children, but no. You have decided to choose lies as your future. One day your world will come crashing down when someone realises who you are. I wish you the'

Hyuna couldn't read the rest, because the paper was damaged from the rain or something.

After a good ten minutes of looking around, Hyuna found nothing. The only thing she knew about Gayoon was that she was disowned by what she assumed was her family. Just as she was about to return to bed, she heard the voice of Gayoon from behind her.

"You shouldn't be looking at my things, Hyuna."

Hyuna turned around and looked at Gayoon who was sat on the bed.

"I just wanted to know more about you since you won't tell me anything." Said Hyuna.

"And did you find anything out?" Gayoon asked.

"You got disowned by your family." Said Hyuna.

Gayoon suddenly went quiet and looked down. When she looked up again, she had tears in her eyes.

"Hyuna... I think y-you should go.." Gayoon mumbled.

"Gayoon... I'm sorry.." Hyuna started.

"Please leave." Said Gayoon.

Hyuna knew it was no good. She slowly walked out of Gayoon's room and went back to her room.

 

The next day when another knight came to wake her up, Hyuna was confused.

"Where's my knight?" Hyuna asked.

"Commander Heo is rather unwell." Said the knight. "It is unknown how long Commander Heo will be away for."

"Oh... Alright." Hyuna sighed.

The knight left and Hyuna got dressed, then went to get breakfast. She waited until nobody was looking, then she sneaked away to the knight's quarter which was empty. She went up the stairs to Gayoon's room. The door was unlocked, so she opened it and saw a figure lying on the bed.

"Who... Who's that..." Gayoon's weak voice said.

"Hyuna. I came to see if you were okay." Said Hyuna, approaching Gayoon slowly.

Gayoon sat up slowly. She looked like she had been crying a lot.

"Hyuna, you're not meant to be here..." Gayoon said.

"I wanted to come and see you, because I love you." Said Hyuna with a small smile.

Gayoon sighed. "It's impossible to stay angry at you. Come here."

Gayoon made a space for Hyuna on the bed and Hyuna sat next to her. They hugged each other tightly and shared a few kisses.

"Will you come back tomorrow?" Hyuna asked.

"Yes, but you musn't come back here today. You need to go back to your room, Hyuna." Said Gayoon, Hyuna's hair slowly.

"HAS ANYONE SEEN THE PRINCESS?!" A voice yelled from outside.

"THE CASTLE IS ON LOCKDOWN UNTIL THE PRINCESS IS FOUND!"Another voice yelled.

"I guess I should go then." Hyuna said.

They shared one last kiss, then Hyuna left.

 

When Hyuna left the knight's quarter, everyone was running around yelling, looking everywhere. Then she felt a hand grab her arm.

"I found her!" The voice yelled. She recognised it instantly. Gayoon.

Everyone stopped running and everything went back to normal.

"You're meant to be sick." Said Hyuna.

"I'm your knight. If anyone had to be looking for you, it would be me." Said Gayoon.

"The way you say that makes it sound romantic." Hyuna giggled.

The walk was quite short, and soon they reached the throne room where the king was sat by himself with a worried look on his face.

"Your majesty," Gayoon said, bowing. "I have found the princess."

"Thank you, Commander Heo. Bring her here, then you can leave." Said the king.

Hyuna was trying to slow Gayoon down, but it didn't work. As soon as Hyuna reached her father, she knew she was in trouble. And when Gayoon left, she was told how much trouble she was in and what was going to happen now.

 

It was decided that Hyuna would stay in her room with Gayoon inside so she couldn't escape through the window and there would be two knights outside making sure Hyuna didn't leave by herself and only left for meals, and even then she was meant to be escorted by Gayoon.

"I'm bored..." Hyuna groaned for the fifth time that day.

"You shouldn't have come to see me then." Said Gayoon.

"When can I leave this room?" Hyuna asked.

"The king decides that." Said Gayoon. "And I have been told to inform you that your wedding is in a few days. Everything has been planned and the dress you requested has arrived today."

"But I don't want to get married to him.." Hyuna sighed, flopping down on her bed. "I want to get married to you..."

"I'm sorry Hyuna, but it has to be like that." Said Gayoon.

"Can't you just object or something?" Hyuna asked, looking up at Gayoon.

"I'd be executed for that." Said Gayoon. "As much as I don't want you to get married to him, I'd rather keep my head on my body."

"It's not fair Gayoonie..." Hyuna buried her face in her pillow.

"I know it isn't..." Gayoon moved closer and took her gloves off, Hyuna's hair slowly. "But it needs to be this way."

"I guess so..." Hyuna sighed softly.

A few hours later, after dinner, the king requested for another bed to be put in Hyuna's room so that she could always have a knight with her. The knight chosen was of course Gayoon, and after much arguing in the night, Hyuna got her way and slept next to Gayoon.