Chapter 9

Until Heavens

“He’s miles away from you so stop hallucinating that he came all the way from the States just to see you! Forget him, Sehun! He even caused you this accident and now you’re gonna chase after him all over again?! That’s bull!”

 

Tao sits sluggishly back on the couch. He sighs heavily, “I was the one who’s been there for you in your darkest times yet it’s still him…” Tao held his tears back, trying not to let it all drop.

 

He suddenly stood up, almost mad, “Do you know how much I am hurt every night watching you sleep while you’re calling out his name?! Do you have any idea how it shatters my heart how I am staying with you when you’re completely wasted and yet you still can’t ing see me?! Damn it Sehun!” Tao blurted out as his tears betrayed him.

 

Sehun was also crying. He was also hurt; from the very first place he had always been in pain with everything.

 

"Tao…" Sehun sighs weakly. "I never asked you to be with me. I didn’t need you. You wanted this, and now you’re complaining because I don’t feel the same way about you?"

 

Sehun ends up chuckling as he looks at Tao straightly in the eyes, “It has always been Luhan. Never will you replace him nor anybody else. It’s your choice to be with someone who’s madly in love with somebody else, so don’t you go fussing about how you don’t receive anything from me.”

 

Tao bits his bottom lip, wanting to just cry everything out but ends up piling up his pride. He walks reluctantly out of the room as he slams the door.

 

The atmosphere was so plain and dull. Sehun himself alone feels death inside, and now he’s locked up in a white prison, lonely and broken. How can life be so cruel?

 

Sehun lays his back, staring at the bare white ceiling. He knows exactly what he saw; and he saw Luhan, sleeping demurely beside him. He can’t possibly had mistaken Tao to be him because he knows the blonde too well.

 


 

He wanted to go back to his house. He was perfectly fine to be confined in a hospital.

He can still walk, except for his limping right leg. He can still see, but the bump in his temples make him dizzy. He can still lift his arms, but his wounds make him weak.

 

The papers said they were major injuries but his body screams nothing. It seemed like it didn’t even hurt Sehun.

 

"Sir, calm down. You still need to rest, your body still aches, you might get hurt!" A nurse walked in, just in time to assist Sehun wanting to get off his bed.

 

"Ha," Sehun smirks, "I’m alright. My heart has already been tortured and wounded all over, and yet I’m still breathing. So how come I can ever be affected with these ‘major injuries’ you call?" Sehun ends as his feet finally touched the ground.

 

The nurse was left speechless. She knew he didn’t know this guy, so she doesn’t have any right to speak after him.

 

She hurriedly gets the wheelchair, letting Sehun get on. She was about to move it along until Sehun spoke, “Just let me be alone, please? I can handle it myself anyway,” as Sehun went off the door down the hallway of the hospital.

 

No smiles nor laughter were heard but just heartbreaking sobs and serious talks. He wanted to stroll down to get some fresh air, but all he got was a familiar boy wearing a mask who stared at him back but turned away as soon as Sehun notices him.

 

Curiousity and confusion prompted Sehun to trace after the boy. It seemed like he saw him months or maybe years ago, but everything back in his head was all blurred and rippled.

 

Sehun was constantly following the boy’s direction until a couple of nurses pushing a stretcher hindered his way.

 

A peson covered in white cloth was on it, he’s probably dead — Sehun thought.

 

He didn’t know why, but he teared up, legit tears slowly streaming down from his swollen eyes.

 

Sehun suddenly thought about how the person’s family and friends would feel; how they will go through without this person.

 

They would probably be wasted and lonely for months. They wouldn’t move on about all those memories they had. They would always be in pain everytime they will wake up each morning, not seeing this person again. They would be hurt every now and then because it seemed like everything reminds them of that same person.

 

And apparently, they would probably feel death too.

 

Sehun felt lost. It wasn’t those strangers whom he thought about. He was just simply picturing himself — him without the boy he had always love, Luhan.