Chapter Four

Is This Our Fate?

He gave me a look and silently handed me that wine bottle. I accepted it, and drank out of it. I put the bottle down, giving a satisfied sigh, and wiped my mouth. He was giving me an intense stare, and it seemed like there was...lust(?) in his eyes. He took the bottle from me, put it on the bar table, stood up, grabbed my hand, and lead me towards the elevator.

I think you can tell what happened next.


Chapter Four

I woke up the next morning, feeling very relaxed and refreshed, and smiled as I felt Hyun Joong's strong arms around me. I didn't quite remember what had exactly happened last night, but I did remember drinking at a bar and then everything sort of went fuzzy from there. I mentally hit myself multiple times in the face, because getting drunk to the point where I don't remember anything was always a bad sign. Anyways, at least I could just enjoy the moment.

Wow, Hyun Joong has a very...muscular chest.... I thought it would be nice and soft, but  muscular's good as well....

I raised my arm and leaned towards my glasses, which were perched on the bedside table, just out of reach. Suddenly, Hyun Joong's arm slung over mine, preventing me from moving away. I smiled even wider. 

"Mmhm," he groaned. "Let's just stay like this for a little while longer." I frowned. His voice sounds different.... Maybe it's because it's the morning.... He cuddled with me even closer, keeping me from moving anywhere. I looked at the clothing on the floor, and blushed. Did we really do...it? Wow....

 Once his breath started evening out again, I lifted his arm away from my body, and reached for my glasses again. 

But, he just pulled me closer, turning me so I was facing him. Well...his chest.

"When did you come? I must've fell asleep," he said to me in his weird voice. 

"Last night," I replied. "Remember? We came together?"

"...really?" he asked me, sounding confused. Leaning back to look at me, and I him. I froze.

The man before me was not Hyun Joong....

It was a different guy, who seemed extremely familiar but I couldn't recall where I saw him. 

We just stared at each other for a few moments but then....

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

We had both screamed at the same time. I quickly wrapped myself in the sheet, leaving him bare. Don't look! Don't look! He realized he was , and grabbed a pillow and covered his lower half with it.

"W-who-who the hell are you?!" he demanded.

"I could ask you the same thing!" I said back. I was trembling, and I didn't know why. 

"How the hell did you get here? What did you do to my girlfriend?" he yelled. Pressure was getting to me, and I did the thing I always did when I was pressured. I ran.

I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom, the sheet still wrapped around me like a dress, and I picked up my clothing from the floor as I ran. I slammed the bathroom door closed behind me, and locked it. I quickly dropped the sheet and started putting my clothes on.

"I'm going to ask you one more time," he said from the other side of the door. "Who are you, how did you get in, and what did you do with my girlfriend?" I was freaking out, and asking myself the exact same questions.

"Listen, I'm so sorry," I cried. "I thought you were my boyfriend, and I don't know how I got in, and I also don't know who your girlfriend is!" I was literally on the verge of tears.

"Unlock this door. Now," he said, his voice carrying a threat. I had finished zipping up my dress and had just slipped my cardigan on. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, unlocked the door, and opened it. The mysterious night man glared at me (thankfully he was fully clothed). 

"Look, I-" I said staring straight in his eyes to prove my sincerity, but then we both froze and stepped away from each other. He pointed a finger at me.

"Y-you're that girl," he stammered. "From the mall."

"Oh my God," I whispered, dropping my gaze to the floor. He was him. The handsome ring guy who had never left my thoughts since that day.

"A-are you stalking me?!" he yelled. I met his angry eyes with my own wide, shocked ones. My mouth fell open in surprise.

"Excuse me?" I demanded.

"Is that why you helped me find my ring so hard?" he continued. 

"No! Why should I care about you after what happened!" I yelled back. I dropped my gaze to the floor once more. Great. Now I felt sorry. Idiot, why do you feel sorry? I could hear Chaerin's voice echoing in my head. "Sorry," I murmured. I heard him give a sigh, and he grabbed my wrist, yanking me after him as he headed out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"I don't trust you, so I'm going to someone whom I marginally trust."


"Yes, Mr. Kwon, this guest is in room 2006, across from you in room 2009," the manager told him. Mr. Kwon sighed and ran a hand through his semi-messy hair. 

"Thank you," he said to the manager. He then turned to me.

"Look," I said. "I am so, so sorry-"

"Stop," he said. "Just tell me, why are you here?"

"I-I won a vacation from my work, and so I brought my boyfriend here with me and I lost him at the bar and...that's all I remember," I told him sincerely, praying silently that he would understand that I was speaking the truth. "Honest."

He sighed. "Fine. I believe you. But how did this happen?"

"I'm dumbfounded as well," I replied. We were silent for a long while, when he finally sighed again.

"What am I doing here with a woman like you?" he murmured to himself. And then look up at me again. "Listen, let's just forget about this and move on. Pretend this never happened." I nodded freverently, and started heading back towards the elevator to go to my room.

How am I supposed to explain this to Hyun Joong?


As I walked slowly towards my room, I realized that I had left my shoes in Mr Kwon's room. I sighed and gave myself a little facepalm. Why? Why? WHY? I have such rotten luck.

I quickly unlocked the door and walked in and found something that broke my heart in two. There was a woman, wearing a black shift, laying on a messy, rumpled bed. And Hyun Joong was behind her, giving her a back massage, wearing only a bathrobe. They were both laughing as he was telling her some funny story or another.

"H-hyun Joong?" I questioned, staring at the pair of them. He looked like a deer caught in headlights, but she looked completely natural and collected. Total opposite of what I was feeling. 

"H-honey... Hey.... Where were you last night?" he asked me, straightening up and giving me a meek smile. Tears were starting to well up, but I forced them down. Don't cry.... It makes you look weak.... Don't cry....

I just stared at him with heartbroken, sad eyes. He gave me another forced smile. "Why don't you come sit down?" he suggested. I didn't reply, but just stared at him accusingly.

"Didn't we come here to have fun? Let's just think that we switched our partners, like...swinging," he said, trying to defend himself and his actions. 

"How could you do this with another woman?" I asked him, tearfully. 

"Listen, I'm sorry, please calm down," he pleaded with me. His apology sounded fake to me and my broken heart just cracked even more, if possible.

The woman on the bed however, didn't notice, or care, about what I was feeling on the inside and stood from the bed.

"Darling, you have such terrible taste," she commented to Hyun Joong, giving me a disgusted once over. "How did you think of coming on such a great vacation like this with a woman like that?" K.O.

She started walking towards the bathroom, but something caught my eye and I stopped her. My earrings, which were made especially for me by my grandmother, were dangling from her ears.

"Give me back my earrings," I demanded in a cold voice. I had to force the words from my throat, the forced back tears blocking it. The girl scoffed and threw my grip off, continuing to head towards the bathroom. I grabbed her wrist again, but harder.

"I said, they were mine. Give them to me, now," a few tears slipped down my cheeks as I said these words. She yanked out my grip again and scoffed even more.

"Fine. They look cheap anyways." She took them out of her ears and threw them on the floor. She then headed into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. I dropped to knees and picked up the earrings. Everything just came crashing down on me as I kneeled down, and the tears streamed freely down my cheeks. 

"Just throw them away," Hyun Joong said harshly. "You're being pathetic. Why are you picking them up?"

"Get out," I demanded. 

"What?" 

"Get out. This room, is my room, reserved under my name."

"Now, wait a second-"

"Do you know how excited I was?" I couldn't look at him. "Do you know how much I liked you? For once, I thought I could do something with someone I love and could make memories with them...."

"I think there's been a misunderstanding," he said to me harshly, his tone suddenly changing. "Did you think I was your boyfriend or something?" He scoffed. I gave a small glance and saw that he was being sincere.

"I'm going to be honest here, at the beginning, I was just being nice because you were innocent. And the only reason I started 'dating' you is because of this trip. I was planning on breaking it off with you after this vacation. But now you're all over me. Do you understand?" 

"But-" I stammered, taken aback.

"You're so funny," he said, sitting on the bed beside me. "Don't kid yourself. Do you really think you, a post-it, someone that can be used when needed, but can be just thrown away when you no longer need or want it. can be with me? A high ranking employee in our company? Ha. How can a noble date a commoner? Does that make sense? So, let's not do this anymore. Because to me, it's honestly something disgusting and nasty." More tears, more heartbreak.

Please, let the Fates give me a break from my rotten luck, and save me from even more heartbreak.

Suddenly, he stopped ranting and looked up. I heard soft footsteps as someone walked into the room, but I stared stubbornly ahead of me.

The person put something down next to me. I gave a glance. They were my shoes I had left in his room.

"You should put these on," the person said to me. It was Mr. Kwon. 

I gave him a small head bow as a thank you and stood up, clutching the shoes to my chest.

"Let's go," he whispered to me, putting a hand on my back and leading me away from Hyun Joong and the room.

"Hey, who are you?" Hyun Joong demanded. Mr. Kwon and I stopped. 

"You...a noble?" Mr Kwon asked Hyun Joong, a tinge of a scoff in his voice. "You are just trash. People like you are the lowest of the low, who doesn't even come CLOSE to being a commoner." He then tapped me lightly on the arm. "Let's go."

We left.


He had led me to a balcony that overlooked the whole hotel.

"Are you stupid?" he asked me. "Why did you just...sit there, listening to that piece of crap?"

"This is mine," I just replied, clutching at the earrings I had placed in my pockets before. 

"So what is this?" he demanded, pointing at the earrings in my hand. "It is expensive? What sort of meaning does it have to you?" Why is he so curious? Isn't he the one who had yelled at me multiple times?

I stared at him, emotionless. "They're mine," I just repeated. "Just because this is mine...." I burst out into tears. He gave me a look mixed with distate and compassion.

"I thought to myself, 'Wow! I can finally travel and make good memories with someone I love!'. I was picked in a giveaway I had never won once, and I thought that my luck was lifting. I had met him and we started dating, but....it was all just a trick. Just a trick. A joke from fate."

"Why are you crying?" he asked me in the typical awkward guy way. 

I just sobbed. 

"But seriously.... You have such terrible taste in men. Calling that...thing a boyfriend. Don't make me laugh! He's lower than dog poop," he stated to me. 

"At the company, my name is 'Post-it'. Because I can be useful and yet thrown away when unneeded. But...he treated me differently," I told him. "That's why I anticipated this vacation so much, and I prepared so much and now I learn that it was all for nothing...." 

He was silent for a few moments after that and I wiped my tears away, sniffing. I had the most rotten luck....

"This...this makes no sense," he muttered to himself, contempt in his voice. "Why? Why are the people who hurt us alright, and yet why are we, the people who have been hurt, always the ones in so much pain that it feels like our hearts are about to explode?! Why?"

"I've always wondered the same thing," I whispered, looking over at the view of the hotel, and the happy people walking and just being...happy. I sighed, wishing that, for once, I could get SOME luck....

I was broken out of my thoughts when his hand grabbed mine. "Follow me." 

I looked up at him with wide eyes. "Where?" I started following him as he led me back into the hotel. 

"From now on, you will no longer be a post-it, but a Bond girl," he told me, determination resonating through his words. "So once you are removed, the jerk's skin will hurt like it's being ripped apart! I'll show you how great you are."

I was honestly kind of worried at the crazed desperation he was so openly showing.


He had handed me off to the hotel spa, and demanded that they transformed me from head to toe.

"Hm, this is a difficult case," one of the designers murmured, looking me up and down the same way the woman did earlier in my room. 

"I think we'll need to demand double for this case," his partner continued, giving Mr. Kwon a glance.

"Double, triple, quadrouple, it doesn't matter," Mr Kwon insisted. "Just transform her."

Now, "transforming" from a "Post-it" to a "Bond girl" is extremely hard. With beauty comes pain....

There are six steps.

1) Bubble bath with rose petals. Now. I had fun doing this part, as I scooped some bubbles into my hand and blew them away like a scene out of a drama.

2) Massage. While this was relaxing, it was also painful at some parts. 

3) Wax, Getting your hair ripped out. Enough said.

4) Choosing a dress. I had nothing to do with the actual CHOICE of the dress, but I guess that was for the best. According to my stylists anyways. Eventually, they had chosen a sparkly floor length silver dress for me with a sweetheart neckline. Paired with diamond necklace and earrings. I also had matching silver heels to go with them. 

5) Make- up. They had made me take off my glasses and put contacts in.

6) Hair. They had just curled my already wavy hair, and put it in low bun, with some strands of hair pulled out of my bangs. 

And then, there came the reason why Mr. Kwon had dressed me up like this, paying actual money.

We were in the casino section of the hotel, and we walked towards a table, arms linked. It was the blackjack table that Hyun Joong and that woman were sitting at. We sat down, Mr. Kwon confidently, me...not so much.

"Wow, why couldn't you dress like that when we were 'dating'?" Hyun Joong asked me. "I might have considered actually dating you." Then he and the woman burst out into giggles. I looked down.

"Why don't we start?" Mr Kwon suggested. The game started.


Long story short, the game ended with both Mr Kwon and Hyun Joong going all in, and Mr. Kwon having the winning cards. We were standing in front of the hotel now, waiting for Mr. Kwon's 

"Thank you," I said to him. He smiled and gave me a look. 

"What for?"

"For...this," I said, motioning to my outfit. "Just...everything. Maybe fate has shown me a bit of luck today." I gave him a small bow. "Thank you, Mr Kwon"

"Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. That's my full name."

I smiled. "That's a nice name. I'm Kim Mi Kyoung. It's unfortunately a rather ordinary name, quite like it's owner."

"What do you mean by that?" 

"Well...at work, there are akready to Mi Kyoungs. And apparently, there are already over 10 000 people with the name Mi Kyoung in the nation," I told him.

"But if there's so many people with that name, doesn't it mean that it's a popular one? Besides, it's not that bad. I once had a friend whose name was 'Mar' and they had 'Kim' as their last name. So his name is Kim Mar-ee (seaweed rolls)," he reassured me. We both laughed at his last sentence. For a little while, we just stood there in a comfortable silence. Smiling. 

"Oh, that's right," he said, slipping a hand in his suit jacket pocket. He pulled out a chip from the game. It was the "lucky" chip, as I had clutched it and prayed to the fates to give him some luck. He handed it to me. "Here. Take it." I took it. "It's the chip that made you my 'Lady Luck'.  We can't always win at the game of life, but as long as you have that chip, I hope that you will always have hope, so keep it safe." I smiled and clutched at it.

"Thank you," I replied. And then I remembered, In my small silver purse, I had put in something before we left for the game. I opened my purse and pulled out a heartshaped lollipop. I had bought it at the hotel shop, and planned on giving it to Hyun Joong, but now I was giving it to Ji Yong. I handed the lollipop out to him. "Here. Take it. This is a candy that helps fulfill love. I believe the words of people who say that if you confess with this candy, you can succeed," I laughed a little at myself. "Well, I want to believe." 

He smiled at me fondly. "Well, usually I don't believe in those sort of things but...I'll have it." I smiled wider and handed it over to him. "Thank you." 

A car approached. Well, more like limo. I was in awe. It seemed that after a few mere minutes with this confusing and charismatic man, I had totally been lost in a bubble. A world with just the two of us. 

"I'll get going," he said to me. I looked at him and nodded.

He gave me one last grin and headed to limo, got in, and drove off. I watched it as it rolled away from sight and sighed, clutching the chip tightly.

I wonder.... When will I be able to see him again.

It was sooner than I thought it would be.


*A orphanage in the outskirts of Seoul*

Third person P.O.V

"I'm sorry," a nun said to a tall, handsome young man who was walking alongside her. "But we cannot offer any records to anyone." The young man nodded, resigned, and sighed.

"Well, thank you, anyways," he said. 

"Young man, who are you trying so desperately to find?" the nun asked him.

"My younger sister, Mi Kyoung," the man replied. The nun gave him a compassionate stare.

"Listen, I might be able to check and tell you, but you must not tell anyone that I've done it," the nun whispered to him. A smile erupted on the man's face.

"If you could, that would be so wonderful. I would happily double my donations to the orphanage," the man replied joyfully.

"Well, first I would need your name."

"Seung Hyun. Choi Seung Hyun."


Hi! I'm back with another chapter! So this is really where the true, true story begins to unfold. So yes, I have introduced T.O.P! He's the secondary male characters so he's going to be in a lot of the other chapters.

I would like to thank all of the subscribers! It would make me really happy if you could leave me a comment once in a while ;)

PLEASE CONTINUE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE! IT WOULD REALLY HELP ME OUT A LOT AND GIVE ME MORE INCENTIVE TO WRITE!

See you next chapter!