Chapter Three

Is This Our Fate?

Chapter Three

I ran off after the rolling ring.

My luck was quickly fading away every time the handsome guy and I chased after the ring, almost picked it up, and then ran after it again as someone else accidently kicked it away. Now, I wasn't physically tired at all, considering that I was a member of the track team in high school, but my mental strength was slowly wasting away as my helplessness grew and grew.

"Damn it," the guy swore for the tenth time as the ring rolled away from us for the tenth time. I was growing weary and tired.

"Will you just stop?" I yelled after the ring. It seemed my luck was looking up as the ring stopped because someone picked it up. The guy and I both sighed and relaxed as we realized we wouldn't have to chase after it again. But the relaxation and sighs of relief were gone when we realized who picked up the ring. It was a young boy, maybe about a year old, and he was clutching the ring the ring in his chubby fist.

"Oh no," I muttered. I could feel the guy's stare on me and I turned around to look at him questioningly. "What?" He motioned his head towards the child. "What?" He did it again.

"WHAT?"

"Go get it," he muttered to me, giving me an annoyed glare. I sighed.

"Yes, sir," I mumbled and headed towards the boy, plastering a smile on my face.

"Anyong!" I greeted the kid, leaning down with my hands on my knees. "Can Noona have that ring back?" I motioned to his fist. He gave me a blank stare as he tried to process my words.

Quickly, he shook his head "no", and clenched his fist tighter and held it to his chest.

"Please?" I asked, going on my knees in front of him, putting my hands out. "It's really important, can I please have that ring back?" Again, he did the same thing, but he also took a few steps back. I was feeling discouraged when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and the guy leaned down by my ear.

"I'll distract the kid, you rip out the ring and run," he whispered to me. I gave him a wide eyed stare.

"Are you suggesting that I steal from a little child?" I gasped. "That I make him cry in an extremely public place where his mother is probably shopping not too far from here?" He gave me an "are-you-kidding-me?" look.

"First of all, yes. And second of all, he stole from me first!" he whined like a little kid.

"Well...why can't you make him cry?" I asked him.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed me by the shoulders. My shoulders felt like they were electrecuted, and my face felt hot.

"Listen, I'm an incredibly influential person. If I make a child cry in the middle of a shopping mall, my popularity goes down and so do my stocks. No one gives a damn about you. So go and take the ring while I distract the kid!" he huffed.

"How are you going to distract him?" I asked him. He pulled out a piece of candy from his suit jacket pocket.

"I got this."

He went up and approached the little boy with a bright smile on his face.

"Anyong!" he greeted the boy, dare I say it?, cutely. "Do you want a candy?" He put the candy in the baby's view, and immediately the child focused on the candy. "Yes...good boy... Stay focused on the candy." He turned to look at me and mouthed, "Go! Go!" and then went back to the child.

Quickly, I sprung and ripped the kid's fist open, grabbed the ring, gave him a quick apologetic smile, and ran off. I could hear the fast footsteps of my fellow criminal behind me. The child's cries echoed throught the whole mall, and I cringed every time. We ran outside and ended up hunching over and grabbing our knees, huffing and puffing. 

"H-here's your ring..." I managed to get out between my hard breaths. I held out the beautiful diamond ring in my palm, and was slightly dazzled as it glittered in the light. But the moment ended quickly when he yanked it out of my palm.

"Thanks," he muttered, pulling the velvet box out of his suit jacket and slipping the ring back in. "Even though it was your fault, thanks for getting it back. Now, I hope that we never see each other again. Goodbye." He turned around and walked off. Something felt wrong about this and I impulsively called him back.

"Hey! Wait!" 

He turned around and gave the same cold, annoyed look he gave me a million times before. "What?"

I floundered in my own thoughts as I thought of something to say, and shuffled my feet back and forth. 

"U-um.... What's...what's your name?" I ended up asking shyly. Ah, Post-it was back....

He gave a small smile and a huff of laugh. "Kwon Ji Yong." I nodded and smiled.

"Well...it was nice meeting you, Mr...Kwon Ji Yong."

"I can't say the same Miss...?"

"Post-it." It came out of my mouth before I knew it and I knew I was blushing red with embarrasement. 

"Post-it?" he asked, a small, disbelieving laugh coming out of his mouth. I nodded.

"Why Post-it?"

I stayed silent, not wanting to embarrass myself any further, and thankfully the gu- Ji Yong, got a call just then.

"What? I'm outside the front entrance. Where the hell are you? Listen, just drive up here. What? Okay. Fine." 

"Bye, Post-it," he said, turning to me and then he walked away, leaving me staring at his retreating form.

"Bye," I said, after he was long gone.


* Two Weeks Later *

Ji Yong sat in his hotel room in Bali, staring at the ring in the box for the millionth time that day. It was finally the day. The day where he was going to propose to Dara. His lovely Dara. 

The preparations were all done, and all that was needed was for Dara to show up, and Ji Yong knew she would. He smiled to himself as he pictured Dara's face when he got down on one knee and the ring on Dara's finger.

He was broken out of his daydreams, however, when someone knocked on his door. Taeyang opened the door and stuck his face in.

"Boss...it's time," he told Ji Yong, excited. Ji Yong smiled, got up, and grabbed his freshly pressed Armani suit jacket.

"Show time."


I was lost. Officially. Hyun Joong and I got separated and since we were in Bali, cellphones didn't work so I had no idea how to find him. But then I ended up at the bar and a drink was handed to me. I stared at it suspiciously at it for a little while. I wasn't drinker. I was what everyone called a "lightweight". I could not hold my liquor at all. What could one glass hurt though? I mean, I was on vacation! Drinking is an obligation, no? I took one sip, then two, then three, and then...I was given another glass, and the cycle started all over again. Soon, everything else was a blur.


Ji Yong waited for hours and hours, and soon it was dark, with only the street lamps lighting up the path. He was on a bridge, where he set up an orchestra, balloons, and even a red carpet. Everything was ready...except for Dara. She still wasn't there. Ji Yong was getting anxious and even more nervous than he was. He pulled his cellphone out, to check the time, but frowned when he noticed the voicemail notification. He clicked it and listened to the voicemail.

"Ji Yong-ah..." Dara's voice said. "Listen...I'm so sorry. I was on my way to Bali, but my mom called me. There's an opprotunity for me in New York, and I really need to go. Ji Yong, I'm so sorry, but...I think I'm going to have to end our relationship like this because a long distance relationship is too hard for me. Bye." The mechanical voice started talk again, but Ji Yong hung up and started walking dejectedly back to the hotel.

"Wait! Ji! Where are you going?" Taeyang called after him.

"CLEAR THIS ALL UP!" Ji Yong shouted back, angrily.

"Is Dara coming?" Taeyang asked.

"NO!"

"Well...where are you going?"

"TO GET A DRINK!"


I was on my tenth drink and I was way past drunk. The room was swirling just as my thoughts were, and I was getting extremely giggly for no reason. I heard the bar chair next to me scrape against the floor and someone sat in it. I stared at the person. It was a familiar looking guy wearing what looked like an expensive suit. He was obviously already drunk, as he was holding a bottle of wine in one hand, and a bottle of tequila in the other.

He gave me a look and silently handed me that wine bottle. I accepted it, and drank out of it. I put the bottle down, giving a satisfied sigh, and wiped my mouth. He was giving me an intense stare, and it seemed like there was...lust(?) in his eyes. He took the bottle from me, put it on the bar table, stood up, grabbed my hand, and lead me towards the elevator.

I think you can tell what happened next.


So this is where the real story begins :)

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS, SUBSCIRBE, AND UPVOTE PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! IT MAKES ME WRITE FASTER!

See you next chapter! :D