Chapter Two

Is This Our Fate?

Chapter Two

*Two weeks later*

I sighed happily to myself as I waved goodbye to my boyfriend of two mere weeks, Kim Hyun Joong, who had dropped me off at the local mall. Even though it had only been two weeks, I felt so close to him and could depend on him. The butterfly feelings were still there and more prominent than ever. But we were still awkward when we're not talking about work. I hoped that the trip to Bali would bring us closer. Chae Rin had been upset when I told her that I was going to take Hyun Joong instead of her to Bali, but she understood in the end.

Still, it didn't stop her from eating all of the ramen in the house....

With another sigh at the not-so-fond memory, I entered the mall, getting ready to shop for some food and clothes.


Kwon Jiyong stared at the number of rings that were put out of the display for him. 

Dara would be back from Hong Kong in a few days and he wanted to surprise her with one of the biggest surprises ever.

A proposal.

And so, there he was. Staring at a bunch of rings that pretty much looked the same, trying to find one that Dara would actually like and not just pretend to like.

"Um...Ji?" Taeyang asked him, tapping his shoulder.

"Hm?" Jiyong asked, still staring intently at the rings.

"Do you want a coffee? I want a coffee. So is it alright if I go get some?" 

"Yeah," he replied, not really paying attention to whatever he said. "Get me an Americano."

"Alright," Taeyang said, walking out of the store as fast as he could. 

Which one would Dara like? Which ones will she hate?

Eventually, he found one that was hidden in the back that would suit her. 

The ring had a band that was covered completely with small diamonds with a huge knot made of even more diamonds on top.

"I would like that one please," he said, pointing to it. The employee nodded and went to put it in a velvet red box for him. 

"That will be 5,213,750.00 ₩ (around $5000 US) please." 

Without a second though, he handed over his credit card.

"Have a nice day."

"Thank you."

He grabbed the box and put it in his pocket and walked out.

I better go find Taeyang....


I found myself stopping in front of a jewelery store, staring at a beautiful necklace that glittered in it's display case. Without thinking, I stepped into the shop, browsing through and looking at the sparkling jewels.

"Hello," an employee greeted me. "Can I help you find something?"

I looked up from a bracelet I was admiring and smiled at the employee.

"No thank you, I'm just looking," I replied, feeling a bit sad. I wished I could say that I wanted to buy the bracelet.

"Well, let me know if you need something."

Suddenly, my eyes spotted a handsome man with a delicate face and brownish black hair. He staring at a beautiful and expensive looking engagement ring, obviously going to buy it. For some strange reason, my heart pummeled into my stomach as I realized he was going to buy an engagment ring for his girlfriend.

Wow, he's prettier than I am. His girlfriend sure is lucky....

"That will be ₩ 5,213,750.00(around $5000 US) please." 

My eyes went so wide, I thought they were going to fall out of their sockets.

₩ 5, 213, 750.00??????? THAT GUY MUST BE CRAZY RICH.

I would never dream of getting an engagement ring worth that much. Besides, I doubt that Hyun Joong would buy such an expensive ring.

The handsome man cooly handed over his black credit card and I watched in awe.

Man, if I had to pay that much money.... I would have a heart attack. Oh well. He's obviously got money to spend, unlike me....

Giving my millionth sigh of the day, I turned around and walked out of the store, heading towards the other shops. Why look at things that I cannot have?

Weirdly enough, she couldn't get the handsome man out of her head. It felt like she had seen him before somewhere....


Jiyong had just gotten a  text from Taeyang saying that he was waiting in the car with the Americano and so he was wandering around, trying to find the elevator to go to the parking lot. 

"Where the hell is it?" he muttered to himself. He suddenly felt the urge to pull the ring box out of his pocket and sneak a peak at the beautiful ring inside.

So he stuck his hand in his suit jacket pocket and pulled out the red velvet box, and opened it. The ring sparkled in the light and he pulled it out, staring at it carefully. 

Then something unimaginable happened.


I headed out of a store, holding three bags. I really splurged on this trip, a luxury I never let myself have. I hummed softly to myself as I walked towards the entrance. I let myself float into my own thoughts (which consisted of me, the beach, and...the handsome man from before....? What?), but then someone pushed me aside and I fell....

Into somebody.

We both landed on the floor, me on top of the person.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, but then I looked at his face and my breath caught in my throat. It was the handsome guy.

He was glaring at me with ice cold brown eyes. I awkwardly got up from my position on top of him and brushed myself off. He did the same thing. His glare was burning holes into my head as I looked to the ground. 

I saw something sparkling on the floor. 

It was the ring!

That uber expensive ring that he bought for his girlfriend!

"Um...is that yours?" I asked him tentatively, pointing at the ground. He looked down and saw it. He was about to bend down to get it, but I started reaching first.

Instead, this rowdy kid ran up and kicked it away unknowingly as he ran in the space between me and the handsome man.

The ring rolled away, still sparkling in the light.

I gasped as I watched it roll away with frightened eyes. "Oh my God...."

"Go get it."

I looked up, shocked, at the guy.

"What?" 

"Go get it."

"But..but...why?"

"Do YOU want to pay for it?"

I ran off towards the ever rolling ring.


Hi! So here's Chapter Two! I would like to thank those who subscribed and commented, it really made my day!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, UPVOTE, ETC, ETC. IT GIVES ME THE STRENGTH TO WRITE SOME MORE!

Dara's ring: 

http://www.xoedge.com/ImageStage/Objects/0027/0116985/larger_image.jpg