unspoken subtlety

scattered notes

Hyukjae loves Donghae. He knows that, he knows he loves the younger since God knows when. But if he tried to pinpoint when, he cannot remember.

Is it when the first time they met? Is it when Donghae started sleeping in Hyukjae's bed instead of his own bed? Is it when they vowed they would never get rid of each other regardless the future fight or even disbandment.

Hyukjae cannot remember, but he knows he loves him.

And he doesnt express that much. Hyukjae is a really private person when it comes to affection. He is not a kiss-n-tell kind of person, nor he will let anyone sees the stolen hand-hold. But somehow, the members started to notice it.

And he remembers Kyuhyun, his favorite slash least favorite dongsaeng pointed out that he is kinda afraid of their relationship.

"I know that you love Donghae-hyung, and your action proves it. But dont you think you should tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

"That you love him?"

"Do I need to? He knows it... right?"

"And that is why we are so having this conversation."

But that was then. Hyukjae can count on one hand how many times he told the shorter boy he loves him, meanwhile Donghae showers him with text messages containing a lot of 'I love you's every single minute of every day.

And now he is looking at him. His cute little boyfriend, playing with plushies in the stair of the stage. They are in the middle of their last day of concerts, that also marks the 100th concert they have held this far. And Hyukjae feels a pang in his heart. It has been nine years of fame and 100 concerts he has gone through, and never a day without Donghae. Hyukjae counts that more than a half of his life he always has Donghae in sight.

He walks past the other member when the lights off, signalling for them to go backstage for another stage later. And Hyukjae stops Donghae.

"Hyukjae?" Donghae raises one of his eyebrows.

Hyukjae smiles, he leans closer and whispers, "I love you."

The sudden red blush in his cheeks is obvious to Hyukjae's  eyes. He devours the sight, engulfing his own embarrassment because of all time, why so sudden and in the middle of a concert.

But he doesnt care much. Because Donghae throws himself at him and he wouldnt ask for more.

"I know Hyukjae, I love you too."

And that's more than enough for the both of them.