How it Started

The Choir Boys

Exo met first at school.

This wasn't any regular school, this was the most presetigious musical academy in the country.

Which means two things;

It was rediculously competetive, and anyone who went there needed ambition to stay.

 

The story starts when Luhan was sent an acceptance letter in the mail.

He applied for every school that would take him, and this fortunate letter blew him away.

Am I the chosen one? He thought hopefully while packing for dinner that night.

"Lulu fairy, dinner is ready!"

He usually asked his mom to refrain from calling him such a thing because he was manly.

Tonight he was feeling passive because his mom was driving him to the academy in the morning,

and honestly he wouldn't see her for a while.

 

He already has a flock of fan girls that follow him like sheep follow a shepard, but he wanted more.

"I wanna be, where the choir boys are, I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancing~" Luhan starts to sing into his

'mircrophone' hairbrush as he twirls infront of his mirror.

Just then his parents walk in. Awkward.

"I knew it," his father chuckles and shakes his head.

"Lulu fairy I came up to tell you dinner is ready."

"Okay I'll be down soon."

When his mom closes the door he pouts at the mirror.

"Mirror mirror on the wall..."

Enough, Luhan. Your mom will never forget your nickname if you keep up with this fairy princess behavior.

 

Tomorrow finally arrives, and Luhan packs for the good life.

"Goodbye my Lulu fairy!" his mother is dabbing her tears and waving to him from the car as he escalates

the entrance staircase. He sheepishly waves goodbye before scurrying hurriedly up the stairs, much to the

amusement of his new sneering peers.

"Good luck on your first day Lulu fairy!" A bubbly petite boy shouts, giggling at his own words.

He enthusiastically takes high fives from his hysterical friend group.

Luhan finds the front doors and hopes to heaven that the joking was all in good fun.

One boy in that group refused to high five the boy, and Luhan couldn't shake the memory of his stare.

It was a longing stare that almost seemed romantic. Silly thoughts Luhan, stop it.

The group didn't look menacing like bullies do, but deep down Luhan never felt safe.

His night terrors haunted him regularly, so he bought a gag long ago to keep from screaming.

His parents needed sleep, and now the last thing he needed was another weakness to be taunted over.

Girls loved him and always had. This was the reason so many men were jealous of him. He had been in

many fights which led to his current overly agreeable attitude towards men. Which were all one-sided

beatings, but he vowed never to tell a soul. That was a huge reason he decided to leave. An all boys

academy sounds refreshing.

 

"Don't you think that was a little harsh baekie?"

"Ah Sehun no worries. He will get by fine here. With that doll face and hot figure, so don't sweat it."

"Yeah he is pretty," a tall cheesy smiling boy stands, holding Bakehyun around the waist from behind.

The tall man glances down affectionately at Baekhyun and says, "I wonder if his voice compares to yours."

Baekhyun gets a kick out of this, and Chanyeol has to hold him from falling down the stairs in a giggle fit.

Those words might have amused Baekhyun, but but Sehun heard them echo in his head the entire day.

"Lets get to vocal practice," a preppy boy leads the way to the entrance.

 

Later at lunch, the popular group of Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Suho are all seated around their

claimed lunch table like usual. All of the cool kids sit outside on the patio during lunch.

"This is a new year, so a handfull of fresh boys might be unaware of our territory. Keep your gaurd up,

but lets try to expand our social ciricle," Baekhyun warns as he shakes a dainty finger in front of his group.

"I can't wait," a desperate Suho smiles and fixes his hair.

"Yah, lover boy! come back down to earth!" Baekhyun pokes Sehun's arm.

"Do you think your boyfreind might end up on the same choir group as us?" Chanyeol laughs.

"I with!" Sehun gasps and shoves a meat ball in his mouth for a distraction.

So where was Lulu? Sehun thinks ponders while twirling noodles and wearing a grumpy cat expression.

"Hey I'm new here, can I join you guys?" A smiley boy appears next to them.

He is just to friendly to deny.

"So what's your name?" Chanyeol asks.

"You can call me Chen. Oh! There is my friend over there. D.O yah! Kyungsoo!" Chen waves spastically

to a wandering tiny framed boy who looks confused.

He has an alluring apeal that Suho likes. Heart shaped lips and big eyes, Suho's ideal type.

"Please have a seat," Suho greets the timid boy.

"Um..." the boy says, while making good eye contact with the ground and shuffling his feet like deck of

cards.

"Don't mind him," Chen laughs. "He's like this when he first meets new people. He will grow on you like

fungus in no time."

Kyungsoo shoots Chen a death glare with his laser eyes.

"See?" chen hides behind his tray. 

 

Meanwhile, Luhan sits behind a potted shrub on the balcony of his new room. He watches the cool kids

socialize.

He glances back inside his assigned room, and focuses on a bunk bed.

He hasn't met his roommate, and frankly he doesn't want to.

Maybe the bunk beds are for decoration. Just like the tilted abstract style painting on adorning his wall.

That he really wants to take down.

He finishes up the tasty sandwich his mom packed, and gets ready for bed before crashing.

The desk lady gave him his schedule or tomorrow, and told him to make friends today. Mission failed.

Luhan felt the familiar feeling of homesickness creep over him and he tried to block it.

Just then a gorgeous boy burst intot he room.

"Oh!" He exclaims in a high pitched voice at the sight of bare Luhan.

Luhan fumbles for the blankets that the edge of his mattress.

"Not looking!" The high pitched boy squeaks even higher and hides in their closet.

Luhan blushes and fastens his gag to keep his roommate from further trauma. He tosses and turns

many times before the starlit curtain of nightfall is released.

 

 

Author note: Hellooo out there future subbies and anon readers!

Are you enjoying my fic? All praise / contrusctive criticism welcome.

Stay tuned for craziness ensuing as Exo becomes one. :3