Confused

Run to You

Previous Chapter

“Find her.”

“The girl in this picture? You like this type of girl now?”

“I don’t want her. I am using her to get the guy.”

“Get who?”

“Kim DongHyuk.”

 


 

CHAPTER 7 -- CONFUSED

 

The news spread pretty quickly; almost the whole campus knows that HaRin is DongHyuk’s so-called-new-girl. The two of them seems cool about it, though. The guy bids his girl goodbye before heading to his own class.

“HanBin, is this seat empty?” HaRin asks her friend, who seems to be spacing out a lot lately. “HanBin?” She repeated, still no answer. “Aisshh. Whatever. I am still going to sit anyway.” The sound of her pulling her chair wakes him up from his thoughts. He then smiled innocently.

“Sorry. I just… Had a lot of things going through my mind.”

“I know you are day dreaming about EunAe, so you don’t need to make up an excuse about it.”

The guy was just about to deny things when the girl HaRin mentioned appears. “EunAe! Sit with me and HanBin!” HaRin pointed to the seat next to her; this girl just doesn’t know when to stop. The class started about ten minutes after, leaving the three in awkward silence.

HanBin continuously keep staring glances at EunAe; she seems really calm, like nothing ever really happened. Should he just… Forget? But he doesn’t want to. His heart tells him there is a lot more of EunAe than what she appears to be. His mind tells him he should not just give up here.

They ended up grouping for an assignment. Fortunate for them, the three got in the same group. They were assigned to write a song and later perform it in the college annual festival. The boys will show their dance routine in the festival, too.

“You know, guys, since I can’t sing at all, and the three of us only have to write it together, not perform it together, I suggest you two perform it!” HaRin claps her hands together; excited of her own idea.

“Nooo~ I can’t sing too.” EunAe replies. “Don’t even try to lie, Ae. I know you can.” The younger one only smiles widely. “You can sing?” HanBin asked; he too, never knows the girl can sing. The three of them are studying music, but it doesn’t mean you need to be able to sing.

“A little? I supposed it’s a better answer than to say I don’t sing at all.” She answered back. “Good! Now you guys think of the concept okay? Let’s meet at the boys’ practice room in two hours. I wanna go meet DongHyuk-ie.”

HaRin left the class abruptly, eager to meet the other guy. EunAe and HanBin are left behind, forgotten. They are only sitting in awkward silence.

“EunAe, about yesterday…” HanBin sounds, his voice almost inaudible. He has been contemplating a lot whether to bring up this topic or not. A part of him knows he shouldn’t, but he is death curious about her and the-HongSeok-guy.

“What last night? Nothing ever happened.”

“But—” “I said nothing happened, Kim HanBin. Don’t ask for anything more because you know I will never answer them.” She got up from her seat, and left him alone there, dazed. HanBin only remains silent for about a good ten minutes when he felt his pocket vibrates. A girl Bobby introduced to him a few nights back texted.

He got two hours to waste, and this girl will be a perfect plan to distract his mind from EunAe. Did she hate him? He is sure she doesn’t. But she doesn’t like him either. Whatever. He just doesn’t want to think about it right now.

 


 

 “HanBin-Oppa.”

The girl approaches him slowly, with a sultry look on her face. The guy is sitting still on one of the empty chairs in the empty music room. She sits herself on his lap, encircling her hand around his neck, bringing him closer to her. “Why didn’t you call me first? I missed you.” She asked, pushing her body to him. She is wearing a mini dress. It is decent enough for you to wear to class, except that if she bow down a bit, everyone can she her clearly.

“Sorry, YoonJi-ah. I had a lot of assignments.”

Lies.

Of course he would be lying. He never had real interest in these girls. Well, maybe one or two, but they never really know HanBin for real anyway. He figured out that the first one is only dating him because of a bet, while the second one cheated on him. Typical problems.

The girl shamelessly to him, kissing him roughly in between. HanBin usually enjoys it when girls are throwing their selves to him, but it all felt weird to him this time. He finds their acts dirty. The way her lips moved against his skin doesn’t give him any sensation like it used to do. His mind only traveled back to last night, when EunAe’s lips fits perfectly on his. When he felt like he met another part of him.

He snaps back to reality when YoonJi grab the hem of his pants, trying to unbuckle his belt.

“YoonJi-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“I am so sorry, but I can’t do this.”

“Wha—What do you mean?” Not answering her question, he just got up from his seat, heading to the door. “HanBin! Tell me what I do wrong. Please~ Just… Don’t leave?” Not looking back, he answered, “You just don’t . Sorry.”

With that, he left.

 


 

In the mean time, HaRin and DongHyuk are being really inseparable. They are eating happily inside the practice room, trying to avoid all those people who dislike them being together.

“DongHyuk-ah.” The other guy tilts his head, answering her with a questioning look. “Does HanBin really like EunAe? I mean… You hang out with him a lot more than I did, outside of campus, I mean. Like… Does he really like her? Or is he just going to play with her then throw her away? Because if he did—then I am not sure what am I going to do with him? Feeding his balls to the dogs is not enough.” DongHyuk chokes on his food when he heard his girl mentioned the last sentence. What is it with these two girls and feeding balls to the dogs?

“Aigoo~ I am sorry. I’m not supposed to say such things.” She hands him her water bottle. “It’s okay. Just… Don’t be so brutal, HaRin-ah. It scares me.” The both of them are silent for a while, but then DongHyuk decided to continue, “I am not sure whether HanBin-hyung really likes her or not, but I can feel that she is different from other girls he have gone out with.”

HaRin only sighed.  The last thing she wanted is for EunAe to get hurt. She knows very well that her dear friend is much tougher than she is; but she also knew that EunAe had a really soft side inside those entire hard exterior she showed. She runs to EunAe when she had problems, but EunAe doesn’t really have anyone to run to. She needs to stand up for herself. She needs to do everything by herself. EunAe will definitely be better, a heart break is not much of a deal for her, but knowing that she likes to always keep thing to herself pains HaRin more.

The door of the practice room flung open, revealing the other boys’ face. “HaRin!” Bobby runs to her, hugging the girl. “Hyung, don’t touch my girl.” DongHyuk warned in annoyance. “Geez. Fine, Mr. Protective.” The latter sneers, he unwraps his arms from HaRin.

“My friend is going to come by soon, be nice to her, okay?” HaRin says while cleaning the leftovers from their lunch.

“Her? You mean she’s a girl? Is she pretty?” Bobby trails again, jumping up and down. This guy seriously had too much energy for himself. “Yup. Really pretty.” DongHyuk answered. “But HaRin is prettier.” His answer made the other holler at his cheesiness. “Aww~ Thanks, Oppa.”

As if on cue, the door to the practice room opens, revealing the girl they have been talking about. “EunAe!” HaRin runs to her best friend and hugs her tight. “I miss you~” She chuckles. “I thought you already have your DongDong-Oppa.” The other replies while HaRin position herself back beside DongHyuk.

The boys’ jaws are dropped down; they can’t believe that Lee EunAe is standing in front of them right now; presence in flesh.

“The friend that you were talking about is EunAe?” YunHyeong asked, composing himself back. Bobby and JunHoe are still dazed. “You are hotter in person.” Bobby suddenly blabbers; making the others face palmed their selves.

“Mmm… Thank you? I’ll take that as a compliment.” She smiled awkwardly.

“Do you have a boyfriend yet?” He continues. “Yes!” HaRin suddenly exclaimed, jumping from her seat. “Yes?” EunAe looks at her friend with a confused expression.

“I mean… I will never let EunAe date you! You are the most cheesy from all of them! You are the Casanova, too! You had most fans in your fan club! You play with girls a lot, and…”

“HaRin-ah. Tone down a bit? We all know Bobby-hyung is like that.” DongHyuk pulled his girlfriend back down, chuckling softly with all the other boys, except Bobby that is.

“Well, why don’t you all introduce yourself to EunAe?” JinHwan says, trying to change the topic. “Well, I actually already know you guys. Bobby, YunHyeong, JunHoe, and JinHwan.” She added a small smile in between. “ChanWoo and HanBin are missing.”

They were chit-chatting happily, knowing each other better. The boys grew their fondness towards EunAe; they found out that she is not as cold as they think. Not long after, ChanWoo alongside with HanBin entered the room, bringing food in their hands.

“Whooaa! Food!” Bobby quickly snatches the food away from ChanWoo’s hands, not even bothering to say thank you to the younger guy. “Eo? EunAe-ya…” ChanWoo locked gaze with EunAe for a brief moments, but then look down. “Hey.” She answered back, smiling to the guy. “I… Are you busy after this?” “Not really. I just have to finish some stuff with them and then that’s it.” Bobby and JunHoe are occupied with the food, but unknowingly to EunAe and ChanWoo, the other’s ears are actually listening to their conversation. “I need to talk to you… Does the café a few blocks from here sound good?”

YunHyeong and JinHwan are agape; did their maknae indirectly ask EunAe out for a date? EunAe? The ice queen, the president of the TaeKwonDo Club, the girl guys are dreaming of but to coward to even make a move? “It’s fine. I’ll call you later when I finish. You have class right?” “Oh! Right! Thanks for reminding me! See you later~ Bye hyungs!”

ChanWoo dashed out of the practice room in a rush, his class is about to start. Unknown to him, there is this one guy watching his back with jealousy reflected from his eyes.

“HanBin? Kim HanBin!”  The called guy snap his head; he was too busy thinking about what relationship EunAe and ChanWoo have to the point he doesn’t hear the girl’s voice, calling him.

“Let’s just start.”

 


 

The three of them are inside the small room of the practice room where they would keep computers and such. HaRin is the only one initiating the talk, while the other stayed silent. HanBin had a lot in his mind; he still can’t get over last night. While EunAe? She is basically trying to minimize making any contact with the guy.

“So… How are we going to do this? You guys wanted to wrote a love themed song? It’s the easiest, since we need to submit the demo tape by next week.” HaRin pointed out her opinion.

“But love songs are boring. It’s too common. Many people will do that.” EunAe answered, tapping her pen to the table. “But HaRin is right; it is the easiest to write and to relate to.” HanBin countered back. “We could write for something different. Like… Breakup song? Do a break up song instead of a lovey-dovey love one. They don’t give us any limitations. Maybe you can add curse words at your rap-line, HanBin!” The younger girl exclaimed, clasping her hands together in excitement. EunAe can only smile watching her acts. She likes it when HaRin is happy.

“Sure. That would be cool with me.” The guy shrugged. “Good! EunAe is really good in lyrics, she writes a lot of poems when she is bored; she is just being humble enough not to show it to others.” EunAe gasped, while the other just chuckled.

“HaRin~”

“Actually I took one of it and you didn’t realize!”

“WHAT?”

“Ooh! Here it is!HaRin fished out a piece of an already crumpled paper from inside her bag, and then began to read the contents out loud.

 

“I think it’s for the better
There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be for you too
It’s always the same ending
Just the same old, easy ending
This easy ending
Well, what can you do”

 

EunAe covered her face with her palms, while HaRin chuckles. “This is good! Stop acting shy like that! I know you are just being humble!” “Yeah, it’s really great.” “This isn’t the highlight, yet, HanBin!”

HaRin just doesn’t know when to stop. Her stubborn self is a part why they all are gathered here, anyway.

 

“From hello to goodbye
Ending things with the same word as the beginning
There’s a reason to it all

Am I really in love?
Or am I dating to break up?


Once again, it comes to me
An easy ending”

 

HanBin is definitely loose for words. Did EunAe really write all that? Not only that the contents are indeed, sad, but the way she put every words seems so effortless. It almost seems like these kind of stuff is a daily basis for her.

“It’s really fascinating, right? Maybe you two could write more stuff about this.” HaRin said eagerly. She always has been the most eager one out of the three. The girl then scribbled down some notes on her book. “You guys have no objection at all? Ae? You are not usually this quiet.” She asked again once she noticed how quiet the room is. Her eyes darted to EunAe who is calmly fidgeting with her phone, and then it darted to HanBin who is looking at EunAe intently. Was there something going on between those two that she didn’t know?

“Ae? HanBin? Are you guys even listening?” The girl huffed. “Aissh~ You guys really. If you were going to act this awkward around each other, we would never finish the project on time.” She crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing the two once more. HanBin only coughs awkwardly, EunAe continue to play with her phone.

“You guys write the lyrics.” HaRin sighed. She needs a plan to make these two less awkward. It is not that she is playing match-maker for HanBin, but she hated it when her friends are awkward. Now that she is in a relationship with DongHyuk, she will hang around his friends a lot, hence, EunAe will hang around them a lot too. If things get awkward like this, it won’t bring them anywhere but just cold atmosphere every time they met.

“What? Why us?” The older girl asked, finally looking up from her phone. “One, because you two have the most experience when it comes to these things. Two, because I can’t write sad lyrics, the reason is related to number one. Three, because I want you two to spend more time together and fix on your attitude towards each other because I hate the awkwardness.” HaRin ended her short speech with a smile.

“Now, if you guys don’t mind, I have a date with my boyfriend.” She smiled radiantly then grabbing her bag and head out, leaving those two with nothing to talk about.

“EunAe…” HanBin trails, not sure how to start the conversation. HaRin is right; things are getting awkward among them and he hated it.

“I’ll write my part, and then I’ll give it to you for any corrections. Give me your cell phone.” EunAe held out her hand, signaling the guy to hand her his phone. “Eo? Eo. Sorry.” She quickly saved her phone number there, handing it back to him, and then grabs her back.

“I had a date to attend too. I’ll be leaving now.”

She just left.

She just left him there, with a lot of things going inside his head, questioning her acts. Maybe those rumors about her were right after all. Maybe she is as untouchable and cold and hard as they described her. She made him so confused; she was all nice yesterday and then turned cold just because of one kiss. Maybe the thought of him being close to her after seeing how bright she actually is when she smiles is just a false hope from his part.

Because this moment, he wished he could just turn back time, to the moment where he didn’t know her at all.

 


 

Author's Note:

Guysss~ I am really really sorry for not updating for a month and more. I have no excuse for this one.

I know school is devastating me (Yeah, it's been ty), but I put this story on hold because I had writer's block. I don't know what to do with this story and such. Because there are too many things running inside my head that I don't know what to choose, and the second is because this kind of genre is kind of hard for me to write. The fluffy ones (Like "You and Me, Against the World) is easier for me to do. But some times those fluffy things are boring, so I will write this fic! Kkk.

How do you guys thing about a chapter? I think I'll put a few of rated chapters in the story. (Is it a sin to write a chapter? Blame my wild imagination and sometimes y self. Kkk.)

Oh! I forget to mention that the lyrics that EunAe wrote in the story (the orange colored ones) are taken from the English translation for Epik High's Happen Ending.

Well, that's it for me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS!

HERE'S SOME DONGHYUK FOR YOU! KKK.

#throwback to his WIN Era

#Bobby-DongHyuk couple. Geez those abs.

#brainy DongHyuk and his COEX answer. Pffft.

#DongHyuk Mercy

#Dong's New Hair. Ugggh. I'm a er for those kind of hairstyles.