Loved

Run to You

Previous Chapter

“Can’t I be clingy to my girl? You want me to cling to other girls?” He asked jokingly. “Is there even any girl you wanted to cling with beside me?” She answered wittily, her hand dragging the blanket to cover their bodies.

“Right… There isn’t.” He closed his eyes, wrapping the girl closer to his body, feeling her warmth and scent radiating all over his body.

“I am all yours, Hwang HaRin.”

 


 

CHAPTER 5 -- LOVED

 

“OMO! Is that Kim DongHyuk?”

“He is even more handsome than what I’ve heard.”

“What is that bastard doing here?”

“I will seriously punch his pretty face if he’s trying to steal my girl.”

DongHyuk is leaning against the wall, looking suave. He can absolutely hear murmurs about him coming from both guys and girls around campus. From praising him to mocking him, even cursing at him, he doesn’t care. They are not his main priority right now, the reason why he came to this building in the first place.

“DongHyuk-ah! What are you doing here?” He felt someone pats his shoulder, he turn around to see HanBin looking at him with a confused face. “Aren’t you supposed to go home? Your class ended three hours ago if I’m not mistaken.”

“You’re not mistaken anything, hyung.” He answered, half smiling.

“Then why— Ah~ Right. How can I forget? You are waiting for your HaRin to come out of class. How sweet~” HanBin makes faces as if what DongHyuk did caused him diarrhea due to too much sweet. “Hyung, it’s nothing.” He retorted back, flushing. He liked it how his hyung-deul always called the girl as his.

“Kim DongHyuk.” As if it’s the voice he would always recognize, DongHyuk spins his body around, now facing the girl he has been waiting for the past hours. “Aren’t you supposed to be home?” She asked the same question as HanBin did. “You didn’t have dance practice today too, right HanBin?” The asked guy only nods his head vigorously, showing her a cheeky smile.

 

“I am waiting for you.”

 

DongHyuk looks at her intently, HaRin blushed, and HanBin cringed. “Seriously HanBin? I know you are single right now but it doesn’t mean you need to act this way towards us.” The girl snickered. “Wait until I told the guys that you secretly like Eun—” HanBin suddenly put his palms over the girl’s mouth, shutting her up.

“Don’t touch her hyung.” DongHyuk pushes his hyung’s hand away; his possessive self is kicking back in. “You mean HanBin-hyung likes someone?” The asked girl only nods, smiling like a fool. “Eun… You mean EunAe? Your friend EunAe?!” DongHyuk half screams, HanBin already looking left and right, worried that someone might hear him.

“DongHyuk! Could you please tone down a bit? What if someone hears?” He said, half whispering. “Good then. You know your reputation is not better than mine, right? Your plus point is just that you don’t get in much trouble like I did, and you’re a genius in music class, that’s why the dean didn’t kick you out despite being the playboy of campus.”

HaRin laughs whole-heartedly. “You are the same as I, hyung. We are both ‘titled’ as the bad boy of campus, but look at us now, begging on our knees because of a girl.” DongHyuk then laughs at HanBin’s desperate expression. “But… But she is really cold. I mean like… No guy has ever dared to talk to her. I only talk to her once when I was asking about a problem in class.” He slumps his shoulders down. “She is like a goddess and I am just the campus’ playboy. She is out of my league.”

The three of them are now heading towards the cafeteria. People are still murmuring about how close DongHyuk and HaRin are today, and she could hear them clearly, making her stop on her track.

“Is she his new ?”

“Well, it’s a good thing he doesn’t get my girl.”

“I thought HaRin is the ‘good-girl’ type. What are they doing together?”

“. He got HaRin already? Kim DongHyuk really got some skills.”

“Let’s bet on how long they will last.”

“I think they look cute together.”

“He only did this to get to her pants.”
 

Realizing that the girl is not walking with them anymore, DongHyuk turns his heels around. He saw her looking at the ground, hand grabbing her bag strap tightly that her knuckles turned white. He cannot see her expression but he knows that she must have been burdened by the others. He doesn’t have to ask her if she is alright, he already knew the answer. They will be all right, as long as they stay strong for each other. He might not know HaRin’s life as well as she knows his, but he can feel what she feels.

His hand reached for hers, unwrapping her grip on the bag strap. “HaRin-ah.” He sounded firmly. “I know. I am sorry. I am not supposed to even stop and listen to them.” She lifts her head up to meet his gaze.

“The night we are together, I promised myself I will fight for you. I will not waver because of this. But… It’s just… How can they be this mean? They even don’t know you that well. I mean it’s just—”

He shut her words with a kiss, which she replied back with the same intensity. In that moment, all eyes are on them. Some gasped in shock, some even clapped. But the two of them doesn’t give a damn about it. To HaRin, the important thing is not to care about what they say anymore.  Haters gonna hate. Whatever they did, whether it is the right thing to do, or not the right thing to do, the public’s perception are already built, so she is just going to let them haters sit and stare.

 

“I love you.”

 

Her world seems like it’s going on slow motion. Did she hear it right?

“I love you, Hwang HaRin. I just realize it. I wanted to protect you so badly not caring what it might cause me later. I don’t care. I just want to be by your side each day. Thank you for fighting for me. I am going to protect you, so don’t worry.” He shows her his most genuine smile, the kind that he never showed to anyone before.

She smiled back and pulled him closer to her. Her hand encircled around his neck, pulling him in for another kiss, but suddenly they were pulled apart.

“Guys, I know it is dramatic and all, but please, I am still here? You can continue this when the two of you got home. Okay?” HanBin exaggerated a sigh. The three of them then chuckled.

 


 

They sit on the same table and ordered their food. “You know HanBin, EunAe is not cold at all. Her features may seem like that, but she is actually really caring. She is more mature than I am. She is more motherly than I am too.” HaRin explained once their drinks arrived.

“Really?” HanBin and DongHyuk asked at the same time. She only nods.

“Actually, EunAe and DongHyuk are similar in some ways. They seem distant to others but actually they care for people who are close to them a lot. She took good care of me when I needed her.” She pause a bit, sipping on her lemon tea, and then continues, “She had a tough childhood life, but it is not my place to talk about it, so I am going to stay quiet about this. She doesn’t like to receive pity from others, and tend to stood up for herself. She doesn’t really have anyone to lean to, so you could imagine why she is acting cold at times. She needed it to survive.”

HanBin stays still; he doesn’t believe that EunAe actually has to go through a lot of hardships. DongHyuk is once again amazed at how much HaRin pays attention to others, making him falling for her more each time they spent together.

“Oh! Look! There she is! EUNAE-YA! COME SIT WITH ME!” HaRin stands up from her seat, waving her hand to the girl they are talking about just then. EunAe waved back with a stoic expression, and then she walks to their table. HanBin palmed his own face, and DongHyuk is laughing silently. The table is enough for four people; HaRin is –of course—sitting beside her boyfriend, so EunAe will end up sitting with HanBin. What a perfect plan.

“Annyeong~” EunAe said with a small smile. HanBin’s body becomes stiff when he heard her voice. This is the second time he ever heard her voice and it already melts him.

“Let me guess… You two are together?” She pointed her index finger to HaRin and then to DongHyuk. “How did you know?” HaRin asked.

“You two are freaking kissing in the hallway. You think I didn’t see that Hwang HaRin? Someone even recorded it. I can hear people gossiping about you when I’m walking here. But don’t worry about it too much~ They are just jealous.” She smiles encouragingly at her friend. “I am rooting for you two!”

“Thanks.” DongHyuk answered, his lips tugging a small smile.

“But you, Kim DongHyuk, if you ever dare to hurt my friend in any way, I will haunt you even inside your dreams, cut your balls, chopped it to pieces, and then fed it to the dogs, got it?”

DongHyuk and HanBin gulps nervously at the almost same time. HaRin only laughs. “Don’t worry. He won’t do anything bad to me. If it ever happened, which I doubt it will, I will be the one feeding his balls to the dogs.” HaRin smiles innocently, hugging DongHyuk.

“HARIN!” He said, shocked.

“What, Oppa?”

“How can you do that to me?”

“Then make sure you treat me right.”

“I will.”

“Good. Then you don’t need to worry about anything.”

EunAe laughs watching the couple’s bicker. ‘She laughs? She just laughs.’ HanBin tilts his head to the girl beside him. Her face looks so happy when she laughs. It made him smile unconsciously too. He studies her features secretly; long lashes, pointy nose, small lips. Her hair tied in a messy bun. He then noticed there is a bruise on her right arm.

“What happened to your arm?” He asked out of curiosity. He tried to just shrug it off, afraid she will find it annoying, but he can’t help asking. “What? This? It’s nothing.” She said shrugging her shoulder. “Nothing?” He said, furrowing his brows. “Yeah~ Some guy from a different college was asking for a sparring match yesterday. It’s no big deal.”

“I told you before, Ae. You need to use safety guards when fighting.” HaRin scolds her friend. EunAe and HaRin are inside the college TaeKwonDo team, adding more reason why they are so close to each other. “But it’s no fun that way. Right DongHyuk?”

“Eeeh? Why me?”

“Because you fight a lot too.” He then rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. “Well, it is not something to be proud of, but yeah. I agree. It is more fun that way.” EunAe stick her tongue out at HaRin, mocking her. “Yes. Yes. Whatever you want, Miss-I-am-though-enough. That’s why you are the president of the club anyway.”

Their food arrived a few minutes later, and they started to eat out happily. “Are you sure it is okay? It looks really black.” HanBin asked again, worried. “Kim HanBin, it is fine. Thank you for worrying, but I don’t need your pity. I am fine.” She sighed. DongHyuk chuckled a bit. “EunAe is a better fighter than me, I suppose. So she will be all right, hyung. Don’t worry too much.” He said, half whispering the last sentence to his hyung.

“You… Know my name?” HanBin asked surprisingly. He doesn’t even pay attention to what DongHyuk said earlier. “Huh? Of course. The whole college know your name, silly.” Then she giggles. HanBin’s eyes opens wider than usual, surprised. HaRin is right in the end; EunAe is not a cold person.

“Awww~ We existed too, you know? Stop looking at each other’s eyes like that.” HanBin doesn’t even realize how long the two of them locked gazes if it’s for the cringe DongHyuk and HaRin made. “What? You two are the one kissing in public!” EunAe snickered at her younger friend.

They continued chatting happily about funny things that happened in class, about their friends, about anything. Suddenly EunAe’s phone is vibrating. It is from an unknown caller, but she picked it up anyway. “Yeoboseyo?” She greets. The others cannot hear the caller’s reply, but they know something is not right from her expression. “I’ll be there in ten.” She hung up and abruptly stood up from her seat, her food half finished.

“EunAe.” The girl looks at her friend; HaRin’s face showed a lot of worry.

“Be careful.” EunAe shows her a faint smile before nodding her head, showing the younger one not to worry too much. With that, she left the table quietly.

 


 

Author's Note:

Kkk~ Hey guys!

I decided I'll update two of my stories at the same time, cause I usually only have time to write chapters and such on the weekends, so.. Yeah, here it is!

Jajjan! EunAe appeared again! Ii wanted to make her as HanBin's mate. So every time I write stories about iKON (now they have a name so I will start calling them iKON), I will use EunAexHanBin, and HaRinxDongHyuk.

I am actually making a piece for JunHoe too, but if I post it now, I am afraid I will abandoned the other two, so I will post it some times later. Kkk.