Yours

Run to You

Previous Chapter

Her laughter fills the room, it echoed inside his head. “You are a beast in bed too? Are you sure you are still a ?” His face turned red once more, and then he laughs awkwardly. “Are you?” He decided to fire it back at her. “You will find out about it soon. Wait until I recover~” She retorted happily. He slung his arm around her body, pulling her closer to his body once again.

“Just sleep for now, HaRin-ah.”

“Ngg~ I had class in five hours, actually.”

“Good. Now sleep.”

 


 

CHAPTER 4 -- YOURS

 

The next morning felt like a blur to her. She felt like she was dreaming about spending the whole night with Kim DongHyuk. A hand circles around her body, pulling her closer to the owner’s body; her back hits his hard chest. Then everything came to her; she is not dreaming last night. She did spend the night with DongHyuk. They almost did ‘it’, but they didn’t. A smile went up her lips unknowingly.

She quickly yet carefully got up from the bed, not wanting to wake the boy up. HaRin made breakfast for two, eats her part quickly, and then took a bath. She slips on her jeans, t-shirt, and of course a baggy sweater. October is reaching and the air begins to feel colder than she remembered.

She was done and about to leave her house, but decided to take a last look at DongHyuk. He is still sleeping soundly when she entered her room. His chest is raising and falling back down; breathing soundly.

She took a last glance and turned around, it is not even five steps yet when he heard him called, “HaRin.”

The girl turned her body facing her bed once more, stepping closer to him. “You are leaving now?” She nods silently. She is not yet familiar with the caring side of DongHyuk, but she felt comfort every time he does those small kinds of affections to her.

“Breakfast is in the kitchen, you just need to heat it up.” He nods his head cutely, making her giggles. “Can I come with you?” He asked. She knew he already missed his class. He is supposed to be in class at eight, but in the state he is right now, it is not possible for him to wake up that early after the long night. “Stay here, DongHyuk.” She answered, sitting on the edge of the bed, patting his head slowly. “But I want to come~ What if there is another guy who confessed to you today?”

She chuckled again hearing his reason. “I already said it to you; you are my boyfriend, so don’t worry about anything. I am the one who is supposed to be worried. A lot of girls are throwing themselves at you, okay? By a lot, I mean, A WHOLE LOT. Do you know there is DHFC in campus?”

He giggles, hugging her by the waist. He places his chin on her shoulder. “And… What does it stands for?” He asked playfully. He indeed knows what it is. His friends mentioned about it a lot; each of them had their own so-called-fans in college, and DongHyuk’s is one with a lot of members in it.

“DongHyuk Fans-Club.  Do not pretend that you don’t know because I know you do know. You just want to make me jealous.” She glares at him. “Whoa~ You read me well.” He chuckled again. Being with HaRin makes him happy.

“Shut up~” His chuckle turned into a laughter. “I need to go now. Let me go, please?” He shook his head cutely, slightly pouting. “No~ I will let you go only if I can go with you.” She sighed. “DongHyuk, your class already passed. Besides, you can’t show up with a bruised face like this. People will suspect you things, and the deans will know about it. You can be dropped out. I don’t want that.”

“You are right. Sorry.” He sighed and then let go of his arm, breathing deeply. “I’ll just tell them you are having a serious fever. They will believe me, don’t worry.” She smiled as she gets up from her seat.

“Eat and get better soon, okay?” “I don’t feel like eating.” She drops her shoulders and sighed, “But your body needs it.” DongHyuk just pouts, acting innocently like nothing is wrong.

“No. I need you~”

“Don’t be corny. Just eat.”

“Nooo~” She sighed for the last time and answered, “If you don’t eat, you won’t recover quickly.” She walks closer to him, erasing the distance between them. She placed one of her hand on his still-bare-chest, sending chills all over his body again. He got ‘The HaRin-Effect’ just by a simple touch from her.

Her other hand tilts his head, so her gaze will met his. She kissed him softly but also teasingly at the same time. “If you don’t recover, DongHyuk-Oppa, you won’t be able to continue what you started last night.” She smirks as she left him in a daze.

 


 

“HaRin-ah.” She spinned her heels, looking at the direction where she heard her name being called. “HaRin-ah, do you know where DongHyuk is? He is not answering his phone and JunHoe said he’s not in the class earlier. We had practice today at six.”

Right. How can she forget that? DongHyuk and his other hyung-deul are in a team, a dance team. Dancing is like the only thing he did right in college. “About that, actually HanBin, DongHyuk is sick and—”

She was cut by the sound of HanBin’s ringtone. It is from an unknown number, but he picked it up anyways.

“Yeoboseyo? DongHyuk?  YAH! WHERE ARE YOU?”

“…”

“You—”

“…” “Huh? HaRin? She is with me now. You want to talk to her?”

He handed her his phone. HaRin took a glance at the caller ID; it’s from her home phone. “DongHyuk?”

“HaRin-ah~ Your class ended three hours ago. Why aren’t you home yet? Why are you with HanBin-hyung? Are you cheating on me?” She laughs hardly hearing his tantrums. “I had stuffs to do first. You don’t like me hanging out with HanBin?”

“No. He is more of a player than I am. He had more members inside his fan-club.” She could imagine him pouting when he said this. She smiled unknowingly. “Right~” She answered back playfully.

“Fine~ I am just joking, okay? I know you won’t cheat on me.” She nods her head, only to realize he cannot see it, so she answered back, “Good then. Is that all? You called me through HanBin just for this?”

“For this? What do you mean ‘Just for this?’ I missed your presence that’s why I called. You don’t have your phone so I need to get to you through hyung.”

“Corny.”

“You like me anyway.”

“Shut up, Kim DongHyuk.”

“Ooo~ You sound y when you’re mad.”

“I’ll punish you once I got there.”

“Does punishment meant like what you did to me last night? Then I don’t mind.” She heard him chuckle from across the line. She really wanted to hit the guy right now, too bad he is not presence in flesh.

“Quiet before I tell the whole campus you are a .” She continues to threaten him, but her effort is useless. Kim DongHyuk is the most egoists, possessive, annoying boyfriend you could ever get, but he is also loving and caring at the same time. “I don’t care.”

“You know, DongHyuk? HanBin is still here and listening to our conversation.”

“Right! I forgot. I am supposed to take my clothes from his place.”

“I’ll do it then.”

“Thanks, HaRin-ah.”

She then hung up the call and hand the phone back to its owner. “DongHyuk needed his clothes.” She said as they walked together towards the building’s exit. “He is staying in your place now?” She nods her head and hummed in answer. “I’ll just drop it to your place.” He replied, and then continues. “He is not sick, isn’t he?” HanBin smirked, which she replied with a mysterious smile.

 


 

He practically runs downstairs when he heard the front door being unlocked. He missed her presence this much. “I’m home~” She sang happily. He pulled her right arm towards him and hugged her curvy frame, in which she chuckled. “You missed me that much?” She could feel him nod. “It’s funny how you used to try to stay away from me but now you’re being clingy like this.” She climbed the stairs to her room, with DongHyuk still hugging her; they seem like a penguin trying to walk to their nest. “It’s because I know if I ever opened up for you, it will turn out like this.” He nuzzled her neck playfully.

“I was wondering… I didn’t see any family photos on the wall…” He asked once HaRin changed her attire to a much more comfortable one; loose tank top and sweat pants. He saw her expression darkens a bit, but she tried to shrug it away.

“If it’s too personal for you, you don’t—” “It’s okay. I’ll answer your question. I meddle too much into your personal life too, so I think it would only be fair if you know some of mine.”

She sat on the edge of her bed, which he soon followed. She took a deep breath before telling her story; her knees bend to her chest, her gaze fall forwards, landing on nothing. “I lived here alone. You can see that clearly.” She sighed. It must have been hard for her to tell this, but knowing HaRin for the past year, he knows that she wanted to –needed to—do this. She needed to tell her part of life to make her feel better; like how it felt better after he told her things unconsciously when he is drunk.

“Dad is living in… I don’t even know where he is right now.” She scoffed and then chuckled a bit, as if pitying her own life. “I think he got remarried –no—I am not even sure if he is remarried or just having a fling – I don’t care—” She paused a bit. He held her hand and giving it a light squeeze, encouraging her. “But the part that I hate the most is that… I do care. I cannot help thinking about where he is or what he is doing right now. Is he fine without me… Is he… Happy?”

She crossed her legs, now looking down at her lap. “He only sends me a lot amount of money per month; even though I rarely used it.” He knows that HaRin works part time at a coffee shop, sometimes a restaurant, it always changes.

“Mom…”

When that word left her lips, her shoulders began to shake. She bit her lip, trying to stifle her cry.

“I believe she is with your father right now.” She smiled bitterly.

DongHyuk’s eyes widened. So it means… Her mom had passed away too. “…When…?” He asked, almost inaudible. He felt embarrassed once again; she knows a lot about him but he knows almost nothing about her. “My twelfth birthday.” She answered shortly. The two of them were silent for a while. He then hugged her body tightly.

“Cry.” He commanded.

Then she did.

She began to cry, from a small sob to a hard cry. She really poured her heart out. “I know how hard it is to lose someone you love. It was hard for me too.” He paused a bit, her hair with his free hand. “It must have been harder for you because you need to strive alone.”

This is the first time ever he sees HaRin cries. She never complained about how much of a jerk he is, she never cries even how hard TaeKwonDo training is for her, she didn’t even cry when her body was crushed yesterday; and he hope it would be the last time he sees her cry, and he hope he won’t be the reason behind it in the future.

In that moment, he wanted to protect her. He wanted to be the person to help her, the person she could trust, the person she could depend to after depending on herself all her life, like how he could depend on her; he wanted to be her hero.

She cried for a good one hour, and he is just there, hugging her. He knows no word is needed, so he just stayed quiet. Her cry soon turned into small sobs again. “Feeling better?” She nods. “Thank you,  DongHyuk. Really.” He put on his most sincere smile; his eyes turned to crescents. “You know… I think you need to stop using tank tops.”

“Why?”

“Seeing you in that… It turns me on.” She chuckled softly, and then smacks him hard in the arm. “YA! Hwang HaRin! What was that for?” “Shut up! How could you say that to me?” “What? It’s true. You need to stop using tank top if you want to survive tonight. Don’t you know that it’s so thin I can see right through it?” DongHyuk looked away, his face slightly turned crimson red. He is only trying to cheer her up at first, but ended up telling her what he is really feeling right now. Hwang HaRin has become his weakness.

“You’ve seen me without it before anyway~” She answered teasingly. “HaRin!” “Yes, Oppa?” He groans frustratingly, dropping his body flat on her bed. She laughs whole-heartedly; teasing DongHyuk is really fun to her.

She straddles his body, sitting in between his legs. “DongHyuk.”

“What?” He replied annoyingly. She traced her finger on his six-packed-stomach, making his body freeze immediately. “Are you mad at me?” Her tone came out playful. She leans her body forward; resulting her already loose top to hang lower than her line; her gaze is now in line with his. “No.” He gulps. “HaRin, stop doing this please. I am trying hard not to jump on you right now.”

She chuckles. “Fine.” She pecks his lips, in which he smiled in between their kiss. “I forget to tell you something.” She added while putting on an oversized jacket. “The boys are coming at six.” She continues. Like on cue, her doorbell rings. “What? They are here? How come they know your house?”

“HanBin used to come here to do projects.” She replied with a shrug, as if it was really normal for her to have a guy come over her house.

“What? How can that happened? I just know where you live yesterday! How can HanBin—“ She kissed him to shut him up, and then smiled. “DongHyuk, stop acting like an over jealous boyfriend if you don’t want me to dump you.” He immediately stopped his rants. “I should have confessed to you earlier, didn’t I?” He slumps his shoulder and pouts. “Yeah. And it’s your own fault. Now stay here while I open the door for them, okay?”

 


 

“HaRin!” JiWon, or mostly known for his American name, Bobby, hugged the girl as soon as she opened the door for them. “Hyung, don’t just hug her like that. She is scary.” HanBin joked with a laugh. HaRin is quite close with the now-black-haired guy, making her befriending his friends as well. They helped her if she had problem handling DongHyuk sometimes, but that’s pretty much all.

He quickly hand her a bag full of DongHyuk’s clothes and his other stuffs. She then gave it to the guy who is waiting in her room immediately. “HaRin, where is DongHyuk?” JunHoe, the youngest out of the six asked. Her finger pointed up, indicating where the asked guy is.

A few minutes after, DongHyuk came down; he sat right next to HaRin, circling his arm around the girl’s waist. He wanted to pull her closer to his own body, but remembered that her waist it hurt; so he pulled her hand lightly instead. The others’ mouths are slightly ajar, not believing the sight they saw in front of them.

“What?” DongHyuk asked. “I know, I know. I am not really sick. It’s just an excuse because I got into trouble yesterday.” He explained shortly.

“It’s not… That… It’s…” YunHyeong said word-by-word, clearly confused. “What? Why are you guys looking at me like that? It’s not the first time I’ve got into trouble.” “No… Not that. It’s…” Bobby pointed to HaRin, and then to DongHyuk, and then back to HaRin. “The last time I remembered, you avoid her with all cost.” YunHyeong continues again.

“What? I can’t sit together with him?” The girl took her part talking. DongHyuk took a glance at HaRin, how she looks cool about their position and the boys staring at them gave him confidence to tell his friends the truth.

 

“We are together.”

 

He said it loud and clear and then added a small smile in the end. It only consists of three words, but it’s enough to make the guys go crazy.

“Oh my God! Finally! Now I don’t have to hear you rant about her all the time.” JunHoe said while breathed out, his face showing a glad expression. “Wait. What did he say about me?” HaRin asked, cocking her brows up.

“He said that he—”

“GOO JUNHOE. DON’T.” DongHyuk cut him in the middle of his sentence. JunHoe just smiled innocently.

“Tell me~” The girl whined, looking back and forth at JunHoe and her boyfriend. But DongHyuk and JunHoe remain silent. “Oppa? Please?”

Due to the girl calling DongHyuk ‘Oppa’, the others holler in excitement; it is also the first time for them to hear HaRin say such thing. They only got louder when DongHyuk’s face started to flush. “Well, it’s about time you confessed to her. There is this guy from my class who never stop talking about her today.” Bobby said. “Lee JunKyung?” DongHyuk replied. “How did you know?” The bunny-like guy answered, looking amused that the younger guy knows about people from his class; DongHyuk doesn’t really pay attention to stuffs at college.

“Because he likes HaRin, that’s why. He knows every guy who had a crush on her.” JunHoe replied instead of DongHyuk, earning him a glare. She just chuckled. “You guys want anything to eat? It’s my treat!” They soon asked for a whole lot of different food at once, making it sound like there are bees inside the room.

“Guys, please speak one by one. You are all too noisy.” JinHwan, being the responsible one asked them to tone down a bit.

“CHICKEN!” Bobby said while raising his hand.

“I want pizza.” JunHoe said, YuHyeong and HanBin nodded along. JinHwan decided he will go with anything.

 


 

They spent the night eating junk foods and watching movies. The boys got even closer to HaRin, and she enjoyed their company.

It is reaching midnight, and some of them are already sprawled across the living room, sleeping. The girl quietly gets up and returns with blankets on her hand. Seeing his girlfriend carrying a lot on her hands, DongHyuk gets up and carries some of the blankets with him.

She than walks around the sleeping room, putting the blanket over JunHoe’s sleeping body, sleepy YunHyeong, JinHwan, and not forgetting Bobby and HanBin.

“HaRin-ah.”

“Huh?”

“Why are there only five blankets?”

She looks at him blankly, processing his words, and then she chuckled. “You wanted to sleep with them in the living room? Fine then~” She skipped away playfully, a smile forming on her lips. “Wha—Oh! I get it~” DongHyuk followed her suit.

He hugged her body from behind as soon as the couple both entered bedroom. “Why are you so clingy today?” She giggles. They are walking like a penguin together towards the bed. DongHyuk drops his body on the soft sheets, still hugging her.


“Can’t I be clingy to my girl? You want me to cling to other girls?” He asked jokingly. “Is there even any girl you wanted to cling with beside me?” She answered wittily, her hand dragging the blanket to cover their bodies.

“Right… There isn’t.” He closed his eyes, wrapping the girl closer to his body, feeling her warmth and scent radiating all over his body.

“I am all yours, Hwang HaRin.”

 


 

Author's Note:
 

Hey guys~

Thank you for the comments and subscription! Kkk.

You might notice that I talk less than I did in 'You and Me, Against the World' Author's Note. Maybe it's because I updated that fic first before I got to this one. So I say what's on my mind there first.

Do you notice 'Lee JunKyung' in which DongHyuk mentioned? Guess where did I got that name from...

It's DOK 2's real name.

Kkk. I found his name pretty cute and decided to use it. I just borrow his name, the real DOK 2 will not appear in the story. Ii wrote this part when I was watching 'SMTM 3' so I guess I got a lot of inspirations from there.

Also, the chapter title 'YOURS' is inspired by Block B-HER. There is a part where Zico says, "Baby, I'm all yours." I thought it was sweet too, and I used it. Kkk.

Also, our DongDong-ie fell after he did somersaults in 'Mix & Match' Last Dance Battle. (TT.TT) Poor DongDong-ie. I hope you get well soon!

Ookaay~ That's it for now~

Until I updated again! Peace out~