chapter three

The Simplest Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Precisely at seven p.m. the doorbell rang. Not thinking about it, Krystal headed to answer it.

She gasped when she opened the door. Standing there on the other side of the door was Amber.

"My love, you are lovelier and more fare..." Amber said holding out a rose.

Krystal looked from Amber to the flower and then back to her. Without a word she smiled and reached for it.

After she brought it to her nose, inhaling its fragrance, Amber stepped aside, revealing the limo that was awaiting them.

"Shall we?" She said with a slight bow toward the car.

Within moments Krystal had her handbag and coat and they were on their way.

In the limo, Krystal saw more flowers sitting next to the mini bar.

Soft music began to play as Amber opened a bottle and poured two glasses of wine.

Krystal smiled as she put the single rose in the vase with the others and took the glass she offered her. "Thank you."

"My pleasure."

As the cool glass touched her lips, her eyes closed as the liquid slid down . "Mmm," she said quietly. When  her eyes reopened, Amber hadn't yet sipped her wine.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I was just looking at you. You're so beautiful," she said.

Krystal blushed. Even in the dim light within the limo, though, she knew that Amber had seen her response.

Yes, Krystal thought, she certainly knows just how to get to me.

Amber had often told her that that was one of the things she loved about her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter