Chapter 2

The Story of Us

"Happy Birthday Grandma!" Victoria said as she placed the cakes on the table and gave her Grandma a kiss on the cheek. A week prior, Victoria told her grandmother that she will throw a small celebration for her. Inviting her Grandma's close friends and family over to celebrate with them. Victoria also invited her parents, but due to a business trip they couldn't come. They told Victoria to send them their birthday greetings to Grandma.

"Thanks sweetie. Your parents couldn't come? Busy huh?" Her Grandmother said, Victoria loosened the hug and nodded. Victoria took out the take and placed it on the platter. "Ne. They're on a business trip. They said they can't come but they told me to greet you for theou know Grandma, I  want to celebrate one birthday with them like were all together." Victoria said as she was fixing the cake and sighed. The last Birthday where her parents were actually present, was when Victoria was 11. And after that, they weren't there. They were on a business trip, so they couldn't attend. 

Her Grandmother sighed, she felt kinda pity towards Victoria,Minot having her parents there when it's her birthday celebration, "I know sweetheart. Next time, I'm really going to make them stop working so they can celebrate with us."

Victoria smiled, "It's okay, no need. I'm use to it" 

"Grandma, who did you invite?" Victoria asked, Victoria was preparing to cook for the small party later on in the evening. She was curious, since it was just a small party, Victoria also invited close friends of hers. She invited, Amber, Sulli, and Luna. She also invited Krystal but due to a convention, she couldn't attend.

"Some close friends of mine, not to many. I also told them to bring their grandsons, so you know. You can date one of them." Her Grandma said, half jokingly.  The last time Victoria had a boyfriend was 3 years ago, it's not that Victoria was broken hearted or anything, but it was her choice to focus on the company and having a boyfriend at the time will just be distraction. Ever since then, Victoria's grandmother showed her many guys, but Victoria just shuted them down. Some of them, remain good friends with Victoria, such as Kyuhyun, Max, and Zhoumi. 

"Grandma, I don't want to be in a relationship just yet. It's will be too difficult to have one right now." Victoria responded, her Grandma already sense that was going to her answer.

"You're already 24. Soon enough, you have to find a husband. Meeting a couple of guys won't hurt." Her Grandma reasoned out, Victoria's grandma was determined on Victoria having a boyfriend and soon or later, she will have to get married.

Victoria gave up, she gave in. Wanting to please her Grandma, "Fine. Just for you. I'll meet some guys.".  Her Grandma smiled at her response.

==========================

Although it was a small party, Victoria cooked a lot of food. All sorts of food, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Western. She cooked them all. She decided to cook Mapo tofu, kimchi soup, samgyupsal, jjangmyun, pasta, salad, sushi, dumplings and many more. She wanted the guest to have a variety of choices. She felt like it would be boring if they just served Korean dishes. She wanted them to try different cuisines. 

"Qian, you cooked way too many. We're not going to finish these." Her Grandma said, as she looked at how many food were placed on the table, Victoria loved to cook, it was one of her hobbies. She enjoys seeing people enjoy her cooking, it gives a happiness.

"It's okay, Grandma, if we don't finish these, I'll bring some to work and I will share with the employees. They'll love it. So don't worry, it will not be going to waste." Victoria replied with a smile. Her grandmother smiled back. 

Once Victoria was done with the dishes, she asked the maids to help her decorate the backyard and help her set up. It was no longer than an hour, and they were finished. Victoria looked around and saw that it was complete and placed the foods.

"Tada! It's finally finished. Time to get ready before the guests start to arrive" Victoria said as she placed the last batch of food on the heating tray. Proud to say that she was proud of her cooking and the decorations. She was pleased at the outcome.

Victoria went inside and went to go get changed and ready. Since the party at 7:30, it gave Victoria enough time to get ready. After an hour of getting ready, she had 45 minutes to make sure every thing is at its place and made sure that's it's ready. 

Guests start calming in around 7:40, the first guest that arrived were Amber and Sulli them followed by Luna. Later on the evening, Victoria's grandmother's friends start to arrive. Victoria greeted and showed them to a table. When the last guest arrived, Victoria was suprised. She would have never thought he would come.

"Sweetheart, I would like you meet my friend and her grandson." Victoria's grandmother said. Victoria bowed and said her greetings. 

"Oh, Nichkhun-sshi?" Victoria said, quite suprise

"Victoria-sshi? You're here." Nichkhun responded with a smile. Both of their grandmas felt overjoyed, they didn't know that they know each other, they thought to themselves, that this will be the beginning of their story.