.4.

The Princess and The Country Boy

Chapter 4

 

 

 

Her eyes stared out the window waiting for anything to amaze her. They've been driving more than an hour now and nothing looked appealing yet. The whole place was just grass and trees and more grass, sometimes you'll spot a tiny, tiny house right at the back and the other times animals walking around casually. She grimaced a little when her innocent eyes witnessed two animals getting comfy. It wasn't a very pleasant view especially when it's animals. 

 

 

 

Maybe we have another hour to go...and then the shopping malls and hot guys will flood in. Dara thought to herself playing around with the ring that was currently placed on her finger. The thing that kept her awake and reminded her she was now a married woman. Her eyes landed on her husband beside her. He was silent and busy staring out the window. His black blazer was off, positioned in between them. And his white shirt sleeves were pulled up. Dara her lips unconsciously viewing his hard toned arm. 

 

 

 

"They will feel good wrapped around me." She mumbled her thoughts out loud. That caught Jiyong's attention, who quickly looked her way. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

 

 

"Did you say something sweetie?" Mrs Kwon spoke from the front turning her head slightly to the right to get a view of Dara's face.

 

 

 

"Aniyo omma." Her face contoured the colour red in embarrassment. 

 

 

 

"And we're here." Mr Kwon grinned pulling the car to a stop. "Jiyong's halmeoni and sister are waiting to meet you inside." His grandmother fell ill last minute leaving her at home to rest, poor Hayi had to stay behind and look after her grandmother. 

 

 

 

Dara however was left speechless. Her eyes bolting out its socket seeing her new residence. It wasn't what she expected at all. The so called small tiny weeny cottage caught her attention. "That's the cottage!!" She yelled towards Jiyong. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry it's not a mansion darling." Jiyong's voice was laced with sarcasm as he shrugged his shoulders in irritation. 

 

 

 

"You said you own a business! A man who owns a business does not stay in a place like that!!" Dara continued to argue. She wasn't going to stay in that tiny house even if it was the last house on earth. 

 

 

 

"I never said that. You ing assumed it." He snapped in anger, jumping out the car so he could avoid anymore words from her. He knew she was too good to be true. He knew she was going to be those typical rich girls. Jiyong cursed under his breath not knowing who and what he married. 

 

 

 

"What do you own then?" Dara toddled her way next to Jiyong, whispering harshly into his ears so his parents are not aware of what they're shouting about. 

 

 

 

"A farmyard." Dara's eyes followed his fingers that was pointing towards the left side of their home. And right there was a farmyard staring back at her. She wanted to scream but nothing left instead Dara was busy trying to gasp for air. 

 

 

 

"No no no! I'm dreaming! TELL ME IM DREAMING!!!" She shook Jiyong harshly grabbing his parents attention.

 

 

 

"Dara what's wrong?" Jiyong's mother asks, worrisome could be spotted through her eyes and Jiyong scoffed. 

 

 

 

"Nothing mum. Let's go!" He grabbed onto Dara's arm dragging her inside.

 

 

 

"No! I won't go in there! Omg nooooooooooooooo!" Dara wanted to cry. She wanted to wake up and hope everything was just a dream. Jiyong continued to drag her towards his home and she couldn't even fight him. "You're skinny but you're so strong!" 

 

 

 

Ignoring her, he pushed open the door. "OPPAAAA!!" Hayi came bursting down the room screaming. She paused midway spotting a girl. Clearly knowing the girl was her sister in law. The left corner of her upper lip hovered up as she eyed Dara up and down. "Ew oppa what did you marry?" 

 

 

 

Dara gasped hearing her. "Excuse me that's very rude. I am your sister in law. You can't speak to me like that." She crossed her hand across her chest, pouting. 

 

 

 

"This is your Sister in law, Dara. Feel free to ask her to do anything for you." Dara's head snapped to the side as the words left Jiyong's mouth. 

 

 

 

"What the hell do you mean feel free to ask her to do anything! Excuse me! Do you not have servants for that?" Her eyes squinted, glaring towards her husband. Pfft husband my , Dara thought. "Plus what kind of welcoming is this! I just got married!" 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry to hear that sweetie. We thought you'd be too tired so we didn't invite anyone over. You should rest." Mrs Kwon butted in.

 

 

 

"Haha ani omma I was just joking around." Dara beamed as she fiddled with her fingers.

 

 

 

"I'll take you to your room. Jiyong get Dara's luggages!” All Dara did was smile before following her mother in law upstairs. Her eyes scanned her new surroundings, she wanted to grimace a little spotting the mould growing in literally every corner of the cottage. A silent sigh escaped her lips, knowing she had a lot of grasping to do. Her life definitely took a 360 degrees turn. “This is the room. It’s small but I am sure you’ll be fine. I’ll leave you to it.” Dara nodded in response before opening her room door. 

 

 

 

“I’m sure it cant be that sm….” The words faded seeing her new room. “Omg…how can a room like this even exist! I think i am going to faint!” She mumbled under her breath. “Atleast i see a dressing table!” But it wasn't enough to lift a big grin on her face. A silent whine escaped . She couldn’t believe where she was right now. 

 

 

 

“Ah ! YAH!” Dara shrieked, rubbing the side of her legs. 

 

 

 

“Sorry I slipped.” Jiyong replied with a forced grin. He had purposefully threw the luggage harshly on the floor, spotting the look of disgust on his wife’s face. Although she didn't admire this place, she could hide her true feelings. 

 

 

 

“When do i get to go back home?” She asked struggling to pick up the luggage onto the bed. 

 

 

 

“You just came.” Jiyong responded, stepping forward so he could help. 

 

 

 

“Yeah but then i’ll have a distraction and don’t have to think about this place.” She opened up her luggage to change and unpack. Jiyong shook his head left and right before leaving the room. He couldn’t stand being in the same room as her anymore. He didn't like people bad mouthing his house. “Such a beauty gone to waste…” He mumbled to himself remembering his first reaction of Dara and now it’s the total opposite. This is what happens when you get rushed into an arrange marriage. 

 

 

 

Dara spent the whole day upstairs trying to unpack her clothes. She had a hard time as the wardrobe wasn’t big enough for her. “Dara dear, you can do that later. Come downstairs and eat. I’m making food.” 

 

 

 

“Coming omma” Following her mother in law, she stood by the kitchen door. 

 

 

 

“This is Jiyong’s grandmother.” Dara smiled at the old woman who was sat on the sofa. Beside her was the evil sister in law Hayi. Jiyong was watching football with his dad. Men, she thought. I just got married and it doesn't even feel like it. She continued talking to herself. 

 

 

 

“You came here as a daughter in law, instead of loitering upstairs shouldn't you be in the kitchen cooking?” Dara’s smile instantly vanished hearing the venom like voice.

 

 

 

“She just got married. It’s her first day. Give her some time.” Jiyong’s mum butted in. 

 

 

 

“It doesn't matter. She should be in the kitchen.” 

 

 

 

“I don’t know how to cook.” Dara peeped in, trying to conceal her embarrassed face. 

 

 

 

“Wait what? You can’t cook?” Everyone’s eyes widened hearing Dara and all she could do was pray over the fact she shouldn't have said anything and kept shut tight. Even Jiyong and his dad turned around in surprise. 

 

 

 

“Oh my gosh! Her father lied to us and sent a brat!” Halmeoni half yelled. She huffed a large breath before giving Dara the evils. 

 

 

 

“I’m not a brat!” Dara responded. 

 

 

 

“Look at her talking back to elders. She has no respect. Can you clean?” 

 

 

 

“I’ve never cleaned.”

 

 

 

“Call up her lying father! This is unbelievable! Who did you get my grandson married to? People like her only care about money and not the household duties a girl must do!” 

 

 

 

“My father isn't a liar! Stop calling him that.” Dara’s eyes started to glisten with water. She didn't like how the elder lady kept accusing her father like that. Technically he was one but it didn't feel good actually hearing it from someone. 

 

 

 

“Omma it’s fine. Dara you can go to your room for now. We will call you down for dinner.” Mr Kwon stood up. Dara immediately rushed upstairs not bothering to glance at anybody. Her hands were already sweating from the encounter. She didn't like the look nearly everyone in the household was giving her. 

 

 

 

“I want to go back home…” She whispered to herself as she stared deeply into a blank wall.