.3.

The Princess and The Country Boy

Chapter 3

 

 

 

"We can have the engagement next week whenever is a suitable date for you all. I was thinking instead of doing the whole engagement just go straight to the registry and get them married." Dara's father insisted as him and his wife sat down to speak to Jiyong's parents. They were having an adult conversation, planning the whole thing already.

 

 

"I am fine with anything. I just want this to be a perfect day for my son and your daughter." Mr Park nodded his head, approving of the idea.

 

 

"Yes yes."

 

 

"We hope Dara will adjust well with the way we live. It's totally opposite to the way she's living now..." Mrs Kwon explained. She was worried for their soon to be daughter in law. She was excited that her son was finally going to be married and that she was going to get a helping hand. But it worried her because Dara's from a rich family who has been spoon fed.

 

 

"We understand you're worried. My daughter is capable of everything as I have explained to Yang Suk here before." Mr Park grinned. His palms pressed together as he rubbed them occasionally. This only occurred when he was nervous. Their conversation was put to a pause when Jiyong sauntered downstairs with Dara following behind.

 

 

"Oh I guess the couple are done talking." Mr Park teased trying to ease the tension. The parents giggled a little but it didn't affect Dara or Jiyong who shrugged their shoulders.

 

 

"I guess we will get going. We have so much to plan. We have to even buy the furniture’s and outfits. Dara sweetie, if there is anything you prefer please let us know." Dara smiled towards Jiyong's mother.

 

 

"Well a king sized bed would be preferable. I'd like a big gloss cupboard in the room. And yes a dressing table....." Dara's voice faded faintly seeing the expression of the Kwon family. Their eyebrows rose as they eyed Dara like she was an alien.

 

 

"Omg hahahaha my daughter is funny isn't she?" Mr Park tried easing the atmosphere. Nobody liked a girl who asks for too much and his daughter was doing exactly that. "She was just playing...anything is fine." Dara's forehead creased hearing her father, lie again.

 

 

--------

 

 

The days zoomed by as both Kwon and Park family were getting ready for the engagement slash registry day. From today onwards Dara was going to start living with them. Although it was tiresome for the Kwon's as they had to do everything on their own they still continued. Well Jiyong was too busy with the farm not bothering to help his parents who were spending a bit too much money on this wedding. Of course the Parks gave the money for the furniture’s as it was a wedding tradition.

 

 

"Jiyong we need to leave in an hour." His father shouted from downstairs. He however was nervous. From today he was gonna be a married man and he didn't know if he should feel happy or sad.

 

 

His eyes scanned his now changed room, everything screamed "couple". His mother also went to the extent to order a Mr and Mrs Duvet cover. He didn't even know if his soon to be wife would even like it here. A bug crawling from one end to another caught his attention. She definitely is going to hate it. His mother thought he needed a big mirror in his room which stood beside the bathroom door in triumph. He never liked looking at himself but today he can see how much he has changed. The suit he was wearing fit him properly in the right places. He didn't want to sound arrogant but he actually looked pretty good and well off.

 

 

"Good luck Jiyong-ah!" Jiyong's eyes landed on the old lady stood by the side of their farm. Busan countryside wasn't that big therefore the whole area knew about him getting married which added to his mental strain. Every time he'd go grocery shopping or work at the farm, he would spot a whole line of ajhummas grinning towards him. He had no idea if it was because he was marrying someone rich or they actually came to support him. But he doubted it anyways.

 

 

Sending them an awkward face, he jumped into the car.

 

 

"Aigoo my son is getting married! I'm so happy!" Jiyong however just grumbled under his breath seeing his mother become all emotional. It's not like he was leaving her, that was the brides job.

 

 

-------

 

 

"I don't think I packed my tweezers! Dad I didn't pack my tweezers!!" On the other side of Seoul, Dara was busy going hysterical. Her parents and servants gawked at her in amusement and shock. They had no idea if they should laugh or not. She’s been throwing her fits ever since she started packing 2 days ago. Her parents did blame her for packing till so late but that didn’t affect Dara at all.

 

 

"Sweetie calm down. We will find your tweezers and pack it. You're going to ruin your make up." Her mother cooed rubbing the young girl’s bare arm. Dara was wearing a white fitted long dress with a small trail at the back. Her hair was curled and positioned on her back. She had only subtle make up on and that made her features stand out more.

 

 

"Mum my tweezers are important. Just please...OMG I FORGOT MY HAND LOTION! Omo!" Within seconds Dara rushed up the stairs not bothering about the dress. She only had one goal in her mind and that was to stuff her tweezers and hand lotion into her bag.

 

 

"Aigoo...I don't know how they're going to keep up with her." Her mother sighed. They lied to get her married and they had no idea how they were going to cope once the bad news was out.

 

 

"Honey everything will be fine. Don't worry." Mr Park mumbled but truly he felt uneasy. Was it okay for him to get his daughter married off like that?

 

 

-------

 

 

Jiyong was stood by the front of the hall as everyone strolled inside. He nodded and they returned it. The hall was huge, round tables were scattered all over the place where the guests are going to sit and eat. It was just their wedding registry so he had no idea why many people were invited.

 

 

"Should have just had the wedding instead." Jiyong mumbled under his breath in annoyance. He never liked the attention.

 

 

"Hey man!" The frown disappeared spotting his best friend and his wife. "Finally settling down eh?" TOP winked towards him.

 

 

"Like I wanted to." Jiyong groaned.

 

 

"Aish be happy. I'm sure she's a nice girl." Bom, his wife spoke. Jiyong chuckled lightly not knowing how to respond. They all paused their actions hearing the music start and the guests quiet down. The doors opened with Dara and her family walking in. Jiyong wasn't going to lie that Dara did look beautiful but he kept his stoic expression on. He didn't want to give away any sorts of emotion.

 

 

"They will now sign the marriage register." Mr Park shouted earning whistles and claps from all over. Dara turned her head to the side and gave Jiyong a smile who didn't return it, instead nodding. She pouted in return but shrugged it off. Heading off to the side room, they stood in front of the person who will solemnise the marriage. The Superintendent Registrar started to speak, reminding the bride and groom of the solemn and binding character of the ceremony.

 

 

"I call upon these persons here present to witness that I Kwon Jiyong do take thee Sandara Park to be my lawful wedded wife." Jiyong had no idea what was happening but he was shaking inside. Biting into his lower lip he tried to keep in control.

 

 

"I call upon these persons here present to witness that I Sandara Park do take thee Kwon Jiyong to be my lawful wedded husband." Dara beamed excitedly towards the registrar.

 

 

"Please sign the papers."