Three

Confession of a Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Although I only long for you, in front of you, I can't do anything.”

Can You Hear Me  ― SNSD's Taeyeon

 

Jongin could see this girl was very nervous. She was biting her nail and she tried to calm herself down, by whispering the same words over and over.

He was giving her a company for the entrance test, because Baekhyun would be late. Jongin couldn't help it but feeling so victorious when Eunji called and asked. Because lately, he sensed that Byun Baekhyun was trying to get rid of them two. He would tag along whenever Jongin asked Eunji to hang out, like he didn't enjoy the view about Eunji and Jongin going together.

 

"What is your problem with me?" Jongin couldn't help but ask. He has been wondering for too long.

"Nothing." Baekhyun shrugged.

Jongin narrowed his eyes. "Come on, don't be such a terrible liar, won't you? You are obviously trying to split Eunji noona from me. Why? Are you jealous with our relationship?" He raised his eyebrow.

Baekhyun scoffed at his opinion. "You little brat. You know nothing about relationship."

Jongin nodded. "I may be not understand about relationships, because hell, my ex girlfriends list wouldn't be as long as you. But I know, I'm not blind, for Pete's sake, to tell that you are afraid I will steal her away someday and won't give her back to you." His gaze sharpened. "And listen to me carefully, Byun, because I will do that. I will make you suffer."

There was a new thing Baekhyun acknowledged about this newbie. He had so many facial expressions. He could look like a dejected puppy to Eunji, laughing like a five years old kid with Chanyeol, and looked like a possessed guy like what he was doing right now to him. Even Baekhyun needed to admit he was shuddering a bit seeing him.

"You won't dare." Baekhyun said after gaining his consciousness back. "Eunji loves me much more than she does to you. I even think maybe she keeps lingering around with you because of guilt. You know, because she refused you." Baekhyun tried to get the younger at his nerve.

But Jongin was smarter than he looked. He didn't fall for the bait, but instead he smiled. And his facial expression also changed. He looked like a pale, fragile kid, whose toy was broken to pieces. "At least, I love Eunji noona much more than you know." After spilling it, Jongin left the room, with fists clenched inside his pockets.

 

"You seem nervous." Jongin said, sitting beside Eunji, who was reading her book.

"You sound annoying." Eunji bit back.

He chuckled and drank his mineral water. "Why are you so serious? You'll gonna make it, noona. Relax. You only need to relax." Jongin calmed her down.

"I'm scared. Yah, Kim Jongin, what if I failed? What if I forget? Oh, God, Jongin, my tummy hurts, my heart hurts. Jongin, my hands..! My hands are ice cold. Oh, God." She was freaking out like crazy.

Jongin chuckled and grabbed both of her hands. He blew wind of his mouth and massaged them softly. "You only need to relax, noona. You're being too much because you keep thinking negatively. Breathe, noona. Inhale, exhale, yes like that. And relax. You need to be relaxed. You've been studying and preparing for this since ages ago, you will make it."

"You think so?" She looked at Jongin weakly.

"I know so."

And slowly her shoulders weren't as stiff as before. Jongin kindly took away her books and asked her about an on-going drama titled 'My Lovely Girl', starred Rain and f(x)'s Krystal. And their topic changed into future plans, how Eunji wanted to have a chance to visit America if it was possible, she said she envied Jongin because he was born and raised there, and it was such a useless thing for him to return home.

"If I'm not returning home, I won't meet you." Jongin said.

It was actually an honest answer, but Eunji only rolled her eyes as response.

And Jongin didn't want to force her.

Eunji checked her cell phone and found a message from Baekhyun, it said that Baekhyun was also arrived, but because he was with Chanyeol, so he couldn't come to her. He was stuck with Chanyeol and friends, who were attending the entrance test.

Jongin also read it quietly and another victorious grin appeared on his lips. He finally had extra time to be with Eunji without anyone interfering.

"If later you successfully attend S University, do you want something?" Jongin suddenly asked.

Eunji looked up to him with confusion mapped on her face. "What?"

"Jonghyun hyung requested me to ask you." Jongin said.

"Jonghyun oppa?"

Jongin nodded. "He called me last night, saying that I have to ask you about this, so he can prepare."

Eunji frowned. "But I don't want anything."

"Come on, noona. It's for free. Are you really going to skip this precious chance? Jonghyun hyung asked you this, when he could ask dozens of girls there."

Eunji thought for a while then smiled. ".. Can you ask Jonghyun oppa.. Whether I can have you to stay with me?"

Jongin's eyes widened.

".. I want you to stay around with me and protect me like what Jonghyun oppa did before. Do you think Jonghyun oppa will let me have it?"

Jongin looked down at his lap, confused.

But then she heard Eunji was laughing. "Look at you!" She pinched the bridge of his nose. "Aigoo, you're so cute looking like that, Jongin. Relax, I was joking. Of course I won't ask you to stay. Aw, you were so cute! If only I had the chance to capture it!"

Jongin didn't know whether he should laugh or cry.

When the bell rang, it meant the entrance test was about to start, Eunji stood up and Jongin followed her. He took the female to her room and Jongin could see nervousness was crawling back.

Didn't know where the hell did he had the courage, he pulled Eunji closer and hugged her tight. Of course, of course, his acting turned all eyes on him, as well as Eunji, who widened her eyes in surprise. And when Jongin landed a soft peck on her head, Eunji opened wide.

Jongin slowly let her go and he smiled to the shorter. "Consider it as a good luck charm, okay?"

Eunji touched her head and her cheeks flushed in pink.

"I'll wait for you here, noona. Good luck!" He waved his hand as Eunji walked in to her room.

She could hear the females were giggling and whispering about Jongin's scene. She looked out at the window and found Jongin was still there, smiling at her. Then after he departed, Eunji released a deep breath.

"That brat." Eunji cursed under her breath.

But somehow, she felt so much more relaxed. She was ready for this.

-

Senior year ended faster than Eunji could imagine. It felt like yesterday, she was wearing her uniform for the first time and took many pictures with her friends, wanted to show the world that she was accepted to one of prestigious school in South Korea.

And look at the time. She was here, at the graduation ceremony, with parents and families bringing flowers, they smiled from ear to ear, proud because their children finally graduated. She looked at her friends, who were hugging and crying, making promises that they would meet up again when they were succeed.

Eunji took a deep breath and decided to have a last walk around her school, because tomorrow she wouldn't come to this place again.

She walked pass the classes. She remembered how noisy the class was, because she spent three years becoming Baekhyun's classmate. She remembered when Baekhyun tricked their Math teacher, by acting as if he was possessed, so the class ended early.

She walked pass the Choir Room, the room she shared with that guy for three years also. She remembered the times where Chanyeol would play his guitar and Eunji singing off tune. Baekhyun would come and threw the cushions to them.

She walked pass the Student Body Council Room, the room she spent with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. She remembered she once cried because her fellow member of Student Body accused her that she didn't make a good report for the annual report. She remembered that Happy Virus Chanyeol even almost take off his shoes and wanted to hit that person. She remembered when Baekhyun asked her to stop crying and promise he would buy everything Eunji wanted if only she stopped crying. And that was their first time, as teenagers, holding hands when they went home.

She walked pass the infirmary, and decided to walk in to smell the antiseptic scent. She remembered when she passed out at the ceremony, because she didn't grab anything since the day before, and Chanyeol told her how worried Baekhyun was. Chanyeol even told her that it was Baekhyun, who picked her up and brought her here. But because he couldn't calm himself down, Chanyeol shooed him away, asked him to buy bread and chocolate milk for her. Chanyeol even , saying that she should pass out more often, so Baekhyun would pick her up.

She walked pass the school backyard, where she would always find Baekhyun and Chanyeol, being partner-in-crime and skipping class. She remembered she was pulled down to lay between them two and when Eunji wanted to sit up, Baekhyun and Chanyeol hugged her and forced her to stay still, until they burst in laughter. She remembered the smell of sandalwood, the smell of Baekhyun.

She walked pass the lockers, where she would always be jealous because Baekhyun would read the love letters one by one. And she would show off to her if there was his crush wrote for him.

Eunji had spent a very memorable three years in this school. She added three years became Baekhyun's secret admirer.

"I've been looking for you."

Eunji turned her back and found Baekhyun was approaching her. She smiled at him.

"Capturing the moments, huh?" He asked.

If only you know. "Yeah, remembering how noisy you were."

"And I will be still noisy, Miss Jung. We are going to same university, remember?"

Ah, about that. The result has come out and Eunji successfully passed the test to attend the S University, along with Baekhyun. And Chanyeol, that giant got a full scholarship to majoring music composition in China.

"I remember." She smiled.

Baekhyun checked his vibrating phone and saw Chanyeol was calling. He then looked at Eunji and stuck out his hand. "Come on, the ceremony is about to start."

Eunji grabbed his hand and followed his steps.

She hoped somehow Baekhyun and she could be like this until the end.

 

 

The graduation ceremony went smoothly. She was called to the front to accept an 'Excellence Award' because of her achievements at school and to congratulate her on her success accepted at S University.

Eunji saw Baekhyun was taking family photograph with his parents, then she realized she hasn't seen that tall tanned skin guy. She took out her cell phone and decided to call him, asking his whereabouts.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? Are you not coming?"

"Why? Noona misses me?"

"I'm hanging up..."

She heard he was tittering. "Turn around." He asked.

"What?"

"Turn around."

Eunji did.

Then she found her junior, the one who liked to cling around her, was standing ten steps away from her, with a bouquet of roses on his hand. He looked perfectly fine with his messy uniform, and the way he let out his smile was just very admirable.

"Congratulations." He inched closer and narrowed the distance between them. He then gave her the bouquet. "I heard you got an award. You should treat me cakes or ice cream for that."

Eunji slapped his cheeks playfully. "Study hard, okay?"

He pouted. "Oh no, what should I do? I have to spend two years without you here. Noona, what should I do?"

"Study! You should study diligently so you will come after me." Eunji answered.

"Noona, wait for me, okay. I'll be with you again." Jongin promised.

Eunji nodded heartily.

-                              

"I hate you." Baekhyun groaned as he followed his best friend's steps.

Eunji only acted deaf, pretending she couldn't listen to him and kept walking. She was in the middle of emergency and she didn't have time to listen to Baekhyun's useless love story. Becoming a teaching assistant helped her to improve her grades and made her well-known near the lecturers.

"I'm hungry, Jung Eunji. Why don't you just call sick and have a lunch with me? You know it's hard for both of us to meet like this." Baekhyun whined.

Eunji halted and turned around. "Would you stop acting childish like that, Baekhyun? I know, I understand how you feel because I feel the same way too, but please, please don't make me feel bad about it. You know how important this is for me." Eunji said.

Baekhyun sighed, but then he nodded. "Okay, I'm sorry if I disturbed you." He said and he left, leaving Eunji with her papers.

Eunji sighed, trying hard so she wouldn't cry and continued her steps to a room. Because of not being careful, Eunji bump

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter