Month - June

Please Remember Me

------ JUNE -----

 

Aragaki stared at her laptop and her eye twitched. She had been surfing the net for around eight hours already and she had not, not even once, taken a break. Her eyes were being abused and treated poorly; so it had become a bit red. She was in her pajamas - they had little pink bunnies all over them. Anddd.... to top it off, she could hear her parents grumbling at each other.

"Then do you want her to drop out of university?"

-- a voice that was loud enough that it went through the kitchen and dining hall. Yui pressed her head against the table and slowly dropped her eraser onto her desk top. Thud thud thud. She swore she was going mad. In the past few days, the oddness in the atmosphere had gone unnoticed till now. Yet it all made sense when she thought about it. What had happened yesterday. Mother had offended father while he was cleaning the car. And father had tried to be cool about it- just for her sake. They were treating each other harshly again. Won't they ever learn to live with each other in peace? After all... they were married...

"No. The only reason I'm stuck with you at the moment, is because I want her to live a bright and safe future." Is this what parents are responsible for? You create the mess, you fix it. 

This ramble went on and on and on...

Yui bit her lip and a sigh escaped her. She couldn't concentrate with this noise. Then she paused to hear more of the conversation.

"Then why'd you talk to a lady who couldn't even get herself a beau?"

"I wasn't doing anything harsh.. Just helping the old woman cross the road!" Did the old woman try and wink at father? What was mother getting angry for? Mum's hotter than an old woman.... right?

"Trust issues much?" She had decided to walk in. Yep. They were chucking knives at each other. Ching ching ching ching. Phwooo Phwoooo. As the knives sliced the air before hitting the different parts of the kitchen.

Oh no... What if they killed each other? Her father chucked a butter knife across at his wife. The two of them were gathered opposite each other around their circle dinner table - direct combatting mode. Yui sniffed.

"Dude, it's like.... 11 o' clock. You sure you want to keep this up?" She could almost feel a lecture coming out of . Aragaki frowned. Prep talks... she hated them.

Alright, I'll throw them back a little... She looked at her parents. They seemed to have stopped. They had on a did-she-just-talk-to-us/her parents-like-that-just-now look. Both of them hadn't dropped the knife in their hands. Aragaki squared her shoulders. I'll need to be the mature one around if I am to keep this lot sane.

She walked out of the kitchen and through the dining hall... and back into her room again. Suddenly it had all started again. The collision of pots and pans had joined the fight. More knives were thrown in the air. Gathering the remains of her sanity about her, she rushed out again. Coldly.

"If you don't stop it.Tomorrow morning, I will start to treat you two like children. Quickly get to sleep."

It wasn't the lack of respect that had pushed her towards saying it. It was the feeling that she couldn't stand their 48 years of marriage crap - and through it all, there was always onesided delusions from her delusional and rather protective mother and also, the lack of empathy that her father had for her mother; they mocked each other's 'poor old nerves'.

"If this gets too bad. Tomorrow, I'm calling my friend." Aragaki told her fluffy toy collection that sat on the top of her desk. By her friend, she meant Hongo-kun. He would help her. He couldn't possibly not help her. Although he was cool... he was nice... sometimes.

I'll think about it tomorrow.

And the commotion in the kitchen had stopped. For the sake of having dignity.

 

 

 

[I love you all for reading this. I hope I improved ^^
Thank you! Please subscribe and comment. I promise to make sure I do my best!]